Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Moving soon
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 4-22-2011 at 06:14 AM
Moving soon

Packing is a BITCH. Especially when you have two little angels who, bless their hearts, want to pull everything out and play with it as you are trying to get it stowed for the move. I am almost done and it is wierd to be leaving our house after all of this time. It is so bare now, but we are super excited to get to the new house and neighborhood. The main thing is the school district, it is soooooooo much better for the girls where we are going. I just need to keep the anxiety at bay for a few more days :)
Furly
Posting Freak

Mood: Not your band.

[*] posted on 4-22-2011 at 07:02 AM

I've never really moved. I moved into my apartment when I was 16, but I really had nothing, so just started with the stuff the couple that died living here had.

I do however hope to buy a house torwards the end of the year, I have accumulated so much crap from having to clean out my family members old apartments, it's really not going to be easy.

I get people checking out my apartments that move every one to two years.... I just don't understand it.

Do your little ones understand what's going on?

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-22-2011 at 09:32 AM

We moved from Oregon back to PA last summer.... that was a bitch. My wife was at work, my son at school, and no one was home at my mother-in-law's to help me pack up a 16ft moving truck on a single day. That motherfucker was filled to the brim.

Then there was the driving. 12-14 hour days so we could make it to my parents' house in Indiana in 3 days. No cruise control. My right leg still aches everytime I drive.

Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 4-22-2011 at 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Furly
I've never really moved. I moved into my apartment when I was 16, but I really had nothing, so just started with the stuff the couple that died living here had.

I do however hope to buy a house torwards the end of the year, I have accumulated so much crap from having to clean out my family members old apartments, it's really not going to be easy.

I get people checking out my apartments that move every one to two years.... I just don't understand it.

Do your little ones understand what's going on?

The older one (5 yrs) deos to an extent. She is not happy about it because we had to pack most of her toys and you know a big change like this is scary to an adult, I can only imagine what she feels. The little one (under 2 yrs) is just happy go lucky, she has not a care in the world about it :) We are constantly communicating with our oldest and trying to make is as easy as possible on her, I think she will adapt pretty quickly and will realize how cool it is to have a bigger bedroom and more kids to play with in the neighborhood. :)
Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 4-22-2011 at 11:56 AM

Oh, I also bribed her with a trip to toys r us to get a "new" toy to go with her "new" house. That seemed to help
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 4-22-2011 at 12:35 PM

I hate moving. I've always made a point of not having tons of shit sitting around that I don't need/want. Most of what I own is in use. The only boxes I have are filled with cd's and books I don't have room for on shelves.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 4-22-2011 at 02:40 PM

It is amazing how much shit we collect over time that has no use whatsoever to us. I have donated so much stuff in the last two to three weeks and I still have more to go when I move into the new place. Crazy

Go To Top