Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Bin Laden Dead, US Has Body?
Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-1-2011 at 10:55 PM
Bin Laden Dead, US Has Body?

that's what what Drudge has on his banner right now.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 5-1-2011 at 10:56 PM

I fucking love it. So so great.
Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-1-2011 at 10:59 PM

CBS, NBC, ABC all running the story, despite normal progamming.
MattyA

[*] posted on 5-1-2011 at 11:27 PM

Great news, about time we found him.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 5-1-2011 at 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MattyA
Great news, about time we found him.

How do you know who found him? For all we know at this point he could have finally died in a cave somewhere from kidney failure and found by mountain farmers.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
sentrand
Posting Freak

Mood: hate riot 513,sheer terror, yuppicide, joe coffee

[*] posted on 5-1-2011 at 11:38 PM

now drag his burning body through the streets of nyc.

I'm a jerk. All night,I'm seeing Sentrand and thinking "Where do I know that guy from?".
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-2-2011 at 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sentrand
now drag his burning body through the streets of nyc.

I agree.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 5-2-2011 at 12:30 AM

Someone is getting re-elected next year.
Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-2-2011 at 12:36 AM

finally....now just take out the Bush administration & the uber-rich who have been ripping off hard working Americans for years & we'll really have some progress. Seriously...glad he's dead, but I will take the "official report" with a grain of salt....

record collectors are pretentious assholes
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-2-2011 at 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackout Colin
now just take out the Bush administration & the uber-rich who have been ripping off hard working Americans for years & we'll really have some progress.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-2-2011 at 06:15 AM

And no, US doesn't have the body :) They apparently buried him at sea, already, to avoid his grave being a tourist attraction for terrorists or whatever.

The photo going around and shown on the news here is a photoshop from a long while back, I knew it looked familiar. It was some shit circling around ages ago. So I'm waiting for some sort of conclusive proof he's dead, and it was because of an attack in the past 24-36 hours not several years ago.

Best news to come out of this, reminded me of this song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DiQrsMSMHI

BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-2-2011 at 09:40 AM

This is good news and I hope it offers some sort of closure for all the families that have been affected by that scum bag.

BKT.

Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 5-2-2011 at 11:14 AM

The President's speach was eloquent and well put. This is indeed a good day for all of us and holds implications for major changes to current policy. It has had a direct and immediate impact in my line of work and I would like to say HOOYAH to those with the brass balls big enough to go in and get this guy. Justice has finally been served to those who lost so much throughout the last two decades due to this criminal and I hope it helps them to find a bit of closure and peace. I would also like to state for those naysayers, after all he had done, we still had the decency to give him a proper Muslim burial, what other nation or group would have done the same to someone so reviled by them? Think about it...............
Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-2-2011 at 11:19 AM

another bad guy down.....he's still pretty low on the list of people fucking us who need to go. I was fairly indifferent when I heard the news, he was so old & in bad health he woulda (or maybe did) die in a cave of natural causes. I think there's far bigger villains out there for the people of the world, I really could give a fuck less about any sense of patriotism or nationalism that most people are celebrating because of this, the people of the world need to rise up & put aside our differences & take out the people who really run the show....too bad it's not at all that easy though

record collectors are pretentious assholes
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-2-2011 at 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman
The President's speach was eloquent and well put. This is indeed a good day for all of us and holds implications for major changes to current policy. It has had a direct and immediate impact in my line of work and I would like to say HOOYAH to those with the brass balls big enough to go in and get this guy. Justice has finally been served to those who lost so much throughout the last two decades due to this criminal and I hope it helps them to find a bit of closure and peace. I would also like to state for those naysayers, after all he had done, we still had the decency to give him a proper Muslim burial, what other nation or group would have done the same to someone so reviled by them? Think about it...............

Did it offend or bother you in any way that Obama thanked/gave well wishes to the victims of 9/11, to their families, to the operatives who carried out the attack, the intelligence community.. basically everyone and not a single mention of the troops fighting the war and dying for the past 10 years?

Because that bothered me. Ignore the people who played the frontline role.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-2-2011 at 07:44 PM

Being tossed overboard isn't a proper Muslim burial from what I know.......but who cares in his case.

There's millions of normal peaceful Muslim people who that guy brought heat on.

He was a monster that needed to get put down.

Seeing him hang like Saddam would have been more satisfying though.

The world's a better place, at least for a minute.

newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 5-2-2011 at 09:07 PM

Anyone who thinks this is gonna change a damn thing is pretty naive, and has vastly underestimated the size and scope of militant Islamism. It has deep roots in more countries than people realize and is spurred on by martyrs, not stopped by them. I know that comes across as an insult Chris but it's not meant to be.

Does anyone else find it strange in the least that no one bothered to A) Capture the man alive at least momentarily or B) Take a photo of the body of one of the most infamous/hated men on the planet in a well planned raid. Obviously there was enough of him left recognizable to officially declare him dead. So this had been in the planning stages for a couple months but that didn't occur to anyone at all? Seriously?

As far as the economy, the country was bought and paid for by corporations/banks/lobby groups years ago and I don't see that changing in my lifetime. A lot of planning went into the way things ended up in that respect and nothing but full scale revolt is gonna change it.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-3-2011 at 12:59 AM

I'm still waiting to see the body. This is a good article too about how Bin Laden died winning, or won. http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/05/02/neil-macdonald...

Photos may come soon - http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05/03/3206223.htm

Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 5-3-2011 at 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Six66Mike
Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman

Did it offend or bother you in any way that Obama thanked/gave well wishes to the victims of 9/11, to their families, to the operatives who carried out the attack, the intelligence community.. basically everyone and not a single mention of the troops fighting the war and dying for the past 10 years?

Because that bothered me. Ignore the people who played the frontline role.

No, I didn't get that sense from his speach.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-3-2011 at 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by newbreedbrian
Anyone who thinks this is gonna change a damn thing is pretty naive, and has vastly underestimated the size and scope of militant Islamism. It has deep roots in more countries than people realize and is spurred on by martyrs, not stopped by them. I know that comes across as an insult Chris but it's not meant to be.

Does anyone else find it strange in the least that no one bothered to A) Capture the man alive at least momentarily or B) Take a photo of the body of one of the most infamous/hated men on the planet in a well planned raid. Obviously there was enough of him left recognizable to officially declare him dead. So this had been in the planning stages for a couple months but that didn't occur to anyone at all? Seriously?

As far as the economy, the country was bought and paid for by corporations/banks/lobby groups years ago and I don't see that changing in my lifetime. A lot of planning went into the way things ended up in that respect and nothing but full scale revolt is gonna change it.

As many have attested in recent days... the events dubbed the "Arab Spring" have kind of put the lie to the Islamist project. Arab youth are moved by something entirely different, have shown they can mobilize the numbers necessary to get shit done, and done it without blowing up their own markets or themselves. Basically, Tunisia, Egypt, Bahrain etc are one big "fuck you" to al-Qa'ida and their ilk as much as it is to the US and other world powers that have put their support behind those dictatorial regimes. The so-called "jihadists" have nothing. They have accomplished exactly nothing, and they have a bankrupt ideology and interpretation/bastardization of Islam to boot.

The most successful "Islamist" organization there is, and probably ever has been, is Hezbollah... and they are far more pluralistic than anyone in the US, Europe or Israel or even the surrounding Arab countries are willing to admit to. And their ideology continues to evolve in order to operate in the political realities of Lebanon, rather than keeping with some absolutist ideology of forcing an Islamic state on peoples unwilling.

I don't see much changing because of Bin Laden's death. I'm perhaps either too realistic or too cynical to think so. And the real problem I see is how none of this, not a decade of warfare in 2 countries and hundreds and hundreds of thousands of innocent lives lost to suicide bombs, IEDs, drone attacks, guided missiles, smart bombs, cluster bombs, tank shells, and bullets and generally making people hate "us" MORE has sent a message to the United States government and its allies about how we conduct our foreign policies. Not even the mass peaceful revolutions in Egypt and Tunisia have sent that message. So nothing will change. The US will continue to back the bastards in any region we have a geo-political and economic interest in. And anyone that wants to deal with us on equal terms, rather than the terms we dictate to them, will find very quickly that our government(s) is more than willing to undermine any democratic change they attempt to effect.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-4-2011 at 02:09 AM

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05/04/3207266.htm
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05/04/3207020.htm

Apparently he wasn't even armed and it was an assassination mission, not a capture if possible mission.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 06:15 AM

I had to bump for this absurd nonsense that of course would only happen in the US.

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/disney-trademarks-seal...

Disney trademarks the name of the SEAL team that killed Osama. :thumbdown:

Go To Top