Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Sheer Terror Friday the 13th
Dennis Mc

[*] posted on 5-3-2011 at 02:59 PM
Sheer Terror Friday the 13th

Anyone from here making it to the show in San Francisco? I'm so excited for this one.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-3-2011 at 11:00 PM

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
sentrand
Posting Freak

Mood: hate riot 513,sheer terror, yuppicide, joe coffee

[*] posted on 5-4-2011 at 01:04 AM

still waiting for july to get here.

I'm a jerk. All night,I'm seeing Sentrand and thinking "Where do I know that guy from?".
3rdDistrict

[*] posted on 5-4-2011 at 07:30 AM

knife fight?
like the todd jones band from socal?

dirtysteve

[*] posted on 5-4-2011 at 08:53 AM

that is the same knife fight, i dont know if todd jones is playing for them right now. i know jon westbrook seems to be the only permanent member and they had to get two fill in guys for the recent aussie tour.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 5-4-2011 at 09:48 AM

aussie tour? I guess I need a new site to stay on top of shit like this.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
dirtysteve

[*] posted on 5-4-2011 at 10:01 AM

yeah, it was 4 months ago maybe. honestly, i only knew b.c my friend was one of the fill in guys. i think they played 5 or 6 shows, not sure with who(all local bands i think), but they said it was a good turn out. i dont even think they have a website that is updated anymore, i usually find out when they play in so cal after the fact. last.fm usually has touring dates for hardcore bands, you might want to check that.
Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-4-2011 at 12:36 PM

goddamnit I wanna make one of these shows....

record collectors are pretentious assholes
Dennis Mc

[*] posted on 5-12-2011 at 06:54 PM

Tomorrow night!!!!! Sheer Terror is gonna kill this place. I'm a little bit interested in seeing The Old Firm Casuals too. Also, just moving from Philly a few months ago I'm glad to finally see a good show out here.
sentrand
Posting Freak

Mood: hate riot 513,sheer terror, yuppicide, joe coffee

[*] posted on 5-12-2011 at 06:56 PM

lucky fucks. hurry up july!!!!

I'm a jerk. All night,I'm seeing Sentrand and thinking "Where do I know that guy from?".
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-12-2011 at 07:01 PM

dennis, did you and i meet at kung fu necktie in philly a while ago?
maybe at mark lind's acoustic show?

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
MattyA

[*] posted on 5-12-2011 at 07:03 PM

Let us know how The Old Firm Casuals are, be interesting to see what songs they play.
Dennis Mc

[*] posted on 5-12-2011 at 07:44 PM

BD- Yep, that was me.

MattyA- I wonder that also since the only have 4 songs out. I'm expecting a few covers will be played.
MattyA

[*] posted on 5-14-2011 at 06:49 PM

Any reviews?
dirtysteve

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 06:31 AM

i saw the saturday show. i heard the sf show sold out and there were like 3 or 4 fights. daggers dropped off the LA show and i missed ruckus. old firm were cool, but did not get a very good reaction from the majority of the crowd. place did not sell out, which sucked. the crowd was a lot younger than i expected, and they missed a lot of paul's jokes. he started asking where toluca lake was and talked about a little rascals episode, and the place was dead quiet. i guess young kids dont know who the fuck the little rascals are. the set was awesome and they sounded great. the new song was good too. not all that much pit action. some dork in a straight edge shirt spent the whole fucking show texting on his sidekick and when paul was talking one of his friend's in an integrity shirt, asked "what the hell is going on?" each younger generation of hc kids seems more clueless and stupid as the years pass me by. awesome show.
MattyA

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 08:58 AM

Never understood going to a show and spending the whole time texting on your phone. You are there to see a band, at least go outside and do it. Probably went just to say he saw Sheer Terror. What was The Old Firms set like?
dirtysteve

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 09:24 AM

usually i just see girls texting. old firms-i think they played all of the ep songs. no covers as far as i could tell(im not a huge oi fan/expert). the best song was called bloodsuckers, about internet bloggers and shit talkers, casey watson sang it. pretty fast. i liked the faster songs they did. lars gave a shout out to dms. i kind of like seeing bands when i know most of the songs, but i would check them out again. def a blitz/4 skins vibe from them.
Dennis Mc

[*] posted on 5-16-2011 at 11:46 AM

SF Review: We missed the first 2 bands. The Old Firm Casuals were good. They play all of their songs, I think they played a Lars and the Bastards song or it was just a song that sounded like one of them, and they covered Crucified by Pressure Point. Sheer Terror was great, amazing, hilarious, fun, and on point. A fight broke out during the 2nd song and a large group of people got kicked out. Paul made fun of them and pointed out that if fights keep happening the show will get shut down and he gets paid regardless then kids end up bitching on the internet. There was no problems after that. I was so happy that they played Tale Of Moran. The whole set was great and I could listen to Paul talk shit for hours. The new song was so good, I can't wait until it gets released. The venue was small and over crowded. I think a lot of the kids only came out to hang and be seen than to actually see the bands. I wouldn't mind seeing The Old Firm Casuals again. I wish I was living on the East Coast so I could catch more Sheer Terror shows. The crowd sucked. I have hope that it was just a fluke but my girl has been out here for a few years and says that people are always lame at shows here.
dirtysteve

[*] posted on 5-16-2011 at 07:44 PM

im from cali, i cant comment on sf shows, but there are not a lot of clubs in LA that will let hc bands play. so chain is the last bet in town pretty much, and it is all ages. maybe older people get turned off by no drinking and dont come. you also have younger kids who probably just go to check out bands they might not know(which seemed like the case in sheer terror). but also, keep in mind, that they had not played out here since 95 or so, and none of their albums have been in print for a very long time, so that means most of your original fanbase is pretty old and might be out of touch with what is going on. when they drop this ep on reaper, i think younger kids will be more aware of them. look at what happened to supertouch, they seemed to get a lot more popular in the last year, due in part to that ep. i have seen lots of kids go off on bands in cali, but it is usually for younger bands.
REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 5-16-2011 at 11:32 PM

We had a great weekend...I don't know what people are complaining about!

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
dirtysteve

[*] posted on 5-17-2011 at 12:39 AM

everything i have seen(on this and other sights) is about the crowd response, not the band. i had a great time. trying to defend cali's reputation as some weak place for bands to play out. kids on phones the whole show piss me off though. i did hear sf went off though.
REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 5-17-2011 at 03:34 AM

The crowd seemed to enjoy themselves. Crawling the walls? No. But,I didn't hear one complaint,except (now,via intercrap) from people who just stood there complaining about people who just stood there.

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
dirtysteve

[*] posted on 5-17-2011 at 04:17 AM

ha, well, i am fine with no moshing or lots of moshing. i am glad there was no fighting. i just think it is disrespectful to the band to come to the show and spend your whole night texting when you could stay at home and do it.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 5-17-2011 at 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
We had a great weekend...I don't know what people are complaining about!

thats really all that matters anyway!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Dennis Mc

[*] posted on 5-17-2011 at 10:51 AM

"Sheer Terror was great, amazing, hilarious, fun, and on point" That is all that needed to be written. Overall, I had a blast.

Go To Top