Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: 2000 TONS OF T'N'T,DAY ONE ANNOUNCED!!!!
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-12-2011 at 12:20 PM

is jack opposed to doing fests like this?

as for day two, i get the impression they're still sorting out the details for the headliner - as opposed to be being coy and spreading out announcements.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 5-12-2011 at 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
is jack opposed to doing fests like this?

No I dont think its, its just that Stars & Stripes were never a real band and I think they have only played 5-6 shows ever. I'm not even positive who was in the last line-up that played.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 5-12-2011 at 01:40 PM

The lineup for this show is fucking sick. I need to go rob some people to raise cash for the trip.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
sentrand
Posting Freak

Mood: hate riot 513,sheer terror, yuppicide, joe coffee

[*] posted on 5-12-2011 at 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
The lineup for this show is fucking sick. I need to go rob some people to raise cash for the trip.
makes two of us

I'm a jerk. All night,I'm seeing Sentrand and thinking "Where do I know that guy from?".
joey

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 02:10 AM

No more Condemned 84 or Stormwatch.
Thanks alot MAD booking.
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by joey
No more Condemned 84 or Stormwatch.
Thanks alot MAD booking.

Is this one of those bullshit "we think they're closet nazis, and if you work with them, then we won't work with you and neither will the bands we book" situations? I feel like I've heard of this before from MAD, maybe even a recent Cocksparrer show.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
joey

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 05:16 AM

You hit the nail on the head.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 07:31 AM

so they took Condemned 84 and Stormwatch off a show in New England because of MAD??

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
joey

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
so they took Condemned 84 and Stormwatch off a show in New England because of MAD??

I got this from the BCBS facebook.
The reality is Pull C84 or have half our headliners back out. You have any idea how hard we have worked to get this far just to have this bullshit happen? Or how much money is invested so far to make this happen? I love... C84. Shared the stage with them in 88 with Forced Reality. Always been a fan. Ive dealt with the same shit getting kicked off bills and not being allowed to play because of who we were or actually who people thought we were. This has nothing to do with Mark Noah though. He is off the map. This is due to a booking agency who does not want their bands playing with C84. Were kind of left in a shit spot. We had no idea about these grudges and how deep they ran.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 03:11 PM
and...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/STORMWATCH/124253197586392
Quote:

On the heels of Condemned 84 being pulled from the TNT fest in Sept, we have decided to cancel our appearance at the show as well. We do not blame the promoters. They were put in a tough spot by a certain "left wing" booking agency in Europe. One who represents quite a few anti-establishment bands who let the left wing establishment dictate who they can play with.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 5-13-2011 at 03:14 PM

Fucking sucks.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
SuchADangerous

[*] posted on 5-14-2011 at 01:56 PM

Damn, that sucks. Now I wish I'd seen C84 last summer when they were here.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 5-14-2011 at 03:19 PM

This brings back memories from the last Beer Olympics.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-14-2011 at 03:28 PM

educate me here cuz I'm not really in the loop but have heard of these guys.
i think my girl is friends with one of them in SW
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-14-2011 at 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MQ74
educate me here cuz I'm not really in the loop but have heard of these guys.
i think my girl is friends with one of them in SW

The poster formerly know as Mr. Diablo, I have no idea what you're asking. Are you asking about C84, MAD, Stormwatch, or what?

Discipline was talking about an old Beer Olympics, but I don't think it was the last one. C84 was supposed to play but didn't. Mark Noah (Anti Heros, GMM Records, and the guy behind the Beer Olympics) claimed that C84 refused to play on the same stage as bands with black members (The Templars and, if memory serves, Oxblood). C84 claimed, from what I recall, that it was an organizational mess where they didn't have plane tickets and shit like that, so they weren't coming on their own dime for a promoter who failed to provided things that were promised. The irony in that situation is that Mark Magee was in Anti Heros and C84 at the time, so it's a bit odd that he could be anti-racist enough for Noah and closet-racist enough for supposedly closet-racist C84..

C84 has played in the US a few times since then, often (maybe always) with Stormwatch. No idea if SW was doing the booking or not. They've also been tagged with the closet Nazi accusation in the past. On one of the Facebook links posted, you can see pics of C84 hanging out with the Templars.

About MAD, I looked it up earlier. The band Skinfull was supposed to play at some Christmas show in France with Cocksparrer and others, and MAD does the booking, apparently, for Cocksparrer. Skinfull did or was planning to play some show with Endstufe, so MAD threatened to pull Cocksparrer from the France show unless Skinfull was dropped.

From Pure Impact, http://www.myspace.com/pureimpactrecords/blog:

Quote:

Because SKINFULL have refused to cancel playing with Endstufe at live & Loud, the German Antifa & M.A.D. tourbooking have joined forces and put pressure on the promoter of the Streetpunk Christmas Party, and told him if he does not remove Skinfull from the show they will not let “their” bands play at the show i.e. Cock Sparrer and Deadline, meaning there would be no show, so sadly enough Skinfull will not be playing in Paris this December. The band would like to say that Ronan the promoter was put in an impossible position and had no choice and the band do not for one minute blame him. Skinfull refuse to kow-toe to any left-wing organisation that tries to tell them what to do.

I remember something about the Thug Fest being organized because those bands couldn't get booked onto the bigger festivals (which I think really meant Rebellion Fest in Blackpool) for similar reasons, though I don't know if MAD was involved:

So... maybe that helped. Maybe not.

I'm going to wait on buying tickets to see what happens, since I won't be surprised if a few other bands get dropped, too, for the same thing. There are a few that I'm amazed weren't attacked before or at the same time as C84.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-14-2011 at 07:00 PM

just wondering what the controversy / drama was about.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-23-2011 at 05:18 PM
FINALLY...!!!!

As if day one wasn't exciting enough, we're proud to announce that THE BUSINESS will be joining SHAM 69 as headliners on day two!

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 5-23-2011 at 05:23 PM

Fuck I hate being broke. That lineup is fucking amazing.

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-23-2011 at 05:50 PM

I literally came here from reading about this on WSN, and I almost never look at that site.

I just have a bad taste in my mouth after the C84 and Stormwatch debacle. Also,wasn't Section 5 on this before, or am I imagining things? They were one of those bands I hinted at being dropped in an earlier post, since they have a sketchy past.

I may go, but it's way less likely. Honestly, I'm excited about Evil Conduct (who I'm guessing may get dropped yet), Sheer Terror, Forced Reality, and Youthful Offenders on day 1 and Patriot, Immoral Discipline, Brassknuckle Boys, and Yellow Stitches on day 2. The only old UK band I'd like to see is the Rejects, but I'd rather see Condemned 84 or Combat 84 instead, or Blitz. I love The Business, but I've seen them several times, so I'm not too inclined to travel for another set.

For anyone who doesn't need to cross an ocean, it still seems cool. HCS put on an awesome show, and so do a few of the other bands I haven't mentioned (like The Traditionals).

All in all, it should be a fun weekend, even if I sound like Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh while talking about it.

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-23-2011 at 05:59 PM

Nice to see that Patriot is playing again. I like all those dudes. These days it's just Eddie Oakes fronting a new band, right? I don't think Chip, Bryan or Gordon are playing anymore, right?

If this festival had the Anti-Heros on it then I'd go but they're about the only oi band that could get me out of the house these days.

Actually, Oxymoron would get me out too.

SuchADangerous

[*] posted on 5-24-2011 at 04:10 AM

Condemned 84 is playing a show in conjunction with the fest, just not billed with the fest.

Oxymoron or the Anti-Heros would have me walking to Hartford for this if I had to.
REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 5-24-2011 at 05:04 AM

This is going to be fun,or ridiculous,or a mess...Or,if we're lucky,A FUN,RIDICILOUS MESS!

STOP WHINING,AND TRY TO GET THERE!!

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 5-24-2011 at 05:04 AM

RIDICULOUS.

I've been drinking..SCREW YOU!

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
MattyA

[*] posted on 5-24-2011 at 11:02 PM

Going Saturday, wish I was going Sunday to but I won't be able to. Still going to be a good time.
3rdDistrict

[*] posted on 5-25-2011 at 11:59 AM

IMMORAL DISCIPLINE?!
no fucking way...

and i've been talking to mad booking about cock sparrer for a long time now. i wont use the guys name here, but he is slacking. and knowing cock sparrer has been wanting to play baltimore forever.
oh well

good show though.
great to see COA on this.

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top