Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: I am picking up 318 pounds of meat on Sat
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 5-18-2011 at 10:39 PM
I am picking up 318 pounds of meat on Sat

Yep, my side of beef is in. I found a local processor that sells natural beef (no hormones). I order a side of beef once a year. My porterhouse, t-bones and sirloins are $2.38 a pound and my hamburger is $2.38 a pound. It's all the same!

I eat the shit out of some beef Yo. So does my 6 year old. I'm trading a guy at work three roasts for a giant turkey breast that he just cut out on his last turkey hunt. Sweetness!
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-18-2011 at 10:58 PM

I
Envy
Your
Meat

in a straight sort of non prison way
CR83

[*] posted on 5-18-2011 at 11:06 PM

MQ, I am down. I wish you were in town so I could share my meat with you. You know, in the same sort of non prison way.
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 5-19-2011 at 06:40 AM

Awesome Chris! So when's the Thorp BBQ? You don't win friends with salad.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 5-19-2011 at 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by newbreedbrian
You don't win friends with salad.

add that to the list of Thorp Warrior slogans

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 5-19-2011 at 08:06 AM

I've always wanted to do a meat order like that but I don't have the freezer space.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 5-19-2011 at 08:48 AM

Where do you store your that? What type of freezer do you have? We are buying a freezer and not sure if we should go with a big ass freezer or or a medium size one. Also those stand up one look like overkill but would be cool to have.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 5-20-2011 at 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CR83
Yep, my side of beef is in. I found a local processor that sells natural beef (no hormones). I order a side of beef once a year. My porterhouse, t-bones and sirloins are $2.38 a pound and my hamburger is $2.38 a pound. It's all the same!

I eat the shit out of some beef Yo. So does my 6 year old. I'm trading a guy at work three roasts for a giant turkey breast that he just cut out on his last turkey hunt. Sweetness!

This is interesting, do you have butcher type skills where you know what the different types of cuts are and where to get them from ? How much does a side of beef cost? Where do you store it? Does it last you the whole year or do you subsidize with other beef products here and there?
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-20-2011 at 09:55 AM

when you buy this round my way, you get is already butchered.
cr83, i'll be over on sun to help you get to eatin.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
sentrand
Posting Freak

Mood: hate riot 513,sheer terror, yuppicide, joe coffee

[*] posted on 5-20-2011 at 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
I've always wanted to do a meat order like that but I don't have the money.

I'm a jerk. All night,I'm seeing Sentrand and thinking "Where do I know that guy from?".
Furly
Posting Freak

Mood: Not your band.

[*] posted on 5-20-2011 at 01:27 PM

This makes me hungry. :thumbup:

CR83

[*] posted on 5-23-2011 at 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
Where do you store your that? What type of freezer do you have? We are buying a freezer and not sure if we should go with a big ass freezer or or a medium size one. Also those stand up one look like overkill but would be cool to have.

We have a medium sized one and it fills up about 75% of it.

THORP BBQ any time one of you dudes are in STL. Door is open.
CR83

[*] posted on 5-23-2011 at 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman
Quote:
Originally posted by CR83

This is interesting, do you have butcher type skills where you know what the different types of cuts are and where to get them from ? How much does a side of beef cost? Where do you store it? Does it last you the whole year or do you subsidize with other beef products here and there?

I found a local (about 40 minutes west) "processor". If I owned a cow I could take it there to be processed. Since I don't own a cow, I buy the meat from him. It is "Natural" beef. They feed them corn, grain and they eat grass. No hormones and no cattle prods. The prods causes adrenaline to be excreted and toughens the meat.

They are two brothers who run this place and they are nice as can. They also have pigs.

It breaks out to $2.38 per pound. So my T bones and Porterhouse are $2.38 per pound and so is my hamburger. Since there are no hormones or antibiotics, the fat in the meat pours out to make it rather lean.

Next time you are at the grocery, price meat. Please go price t-bone or porterhouse. I promise you it is about 10x the price you pay for natural beef.

I also like buying it from a Missouri farmer. It's pretty cool and they are just flat our wholesome family business dudes.

Also, when you order your beef they ask you how you want it. How you want your roasts, how thick you want your steaks, hamburger in 1 or 1.5 or 2 pound packs. They deep freeze all of it and I pick it up when ready. Takes about 2 weeks.

Half a cow will last us just shy of one year. I also "gift" meat. It's funny giving someone a frozen rump roast for getting engaged.

Please feel free to ask any other meat related questions. Go Meat!
3rdDistrict

[*] posted on 5-24-2011 at 06:21 AM

i found a great butcher in highlandtown part of baltimore city (duane knows whats up)
problem? two cooking options are hard; grills arent big enough and concrete everywhere

guess i need more friends in the county... meh, nevermind

Go To Top