Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: This Is Hardcore 2011
JUICE MAYNE MSHC

Mood: new CF songs

[*] posted on 5-30-2011 at 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
wasn't there some sort of statement before the line up was released about how this fest wasn't going to include any reformed bands or reunions?

Sort of...the intent was to say "don't expect things like Minor Threat, Black Flag, and the second coming of Jesus." Not necessarily that there would be no reunions.

dirtysteve

[*] posted on 5-30-2011 at 07:16 PM

to be fair to the s and f guys, most of these bands only have to drive a couple of hours to get to this show, and prolly dont have to miss much time/work. after a quick look, it seems like 80 percent of the bands on this bill are from boston,nyc or the east coast. s and f usually just gets one "bigger" reunion to band to fly out to the show (underdog, floorpunch, dys,etc). last year soia were on tour during the s and f. this year ringworm will be too. this fest also looks like it has a much bigger budget, i dont want to even imagine what the guarantees for this fest add up to.
stateofdisgrace

Mood: Kill Your Idols, H2O and Eminem

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 06:54 AM

So excited for Token Entry!
3rdDistrict

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dirtysteve
to be fair to the s and f guys, most of these bands only have to drive a couple of hours to get to this show, and prolly dont have to miss much time/work. after a quick look, it seems like 80 percent of the bands on this bill are from boston,nyc or the east coast. s and f usually just gets one "bigger" reunion to band to fly out to the show (underdog, floorpunch, dys,etc). last year soia were on tour during the s and f. this year ringworm will be too. this fest also looks like it has a much bigger budget, i dont want to even imagine what the guarantees for this fest add up to.

dude, then dont imagine. dont worry. dont go. dont be a dick until you do something big like this

it irks me when people ANALyze these things, like joe doesnt put any effort into it.

none the less, stoked joe helped out by getting Stout on this. been trying hard to get the boys on some fests, and the band is gonna tear it up. be therte saturday!

3rdDistrict

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 09:56 AM

also District 9?! Old Blacklisted?! Damnation?!
baltimore locals Praise, Scared Love, MINDSET

dirtysteve

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 3rdDistrict
Quote:
Originally posted by dirtysteve

dude, then dont imagine. dont worry. dont go. dont be a dick until you do something big like this

it irks me when people ANALyze these things, like joe doesnt put any effort into it.

none the less, stoked joe helped out by getting Stout on this. been trying hard to get the boys on some fests, and the band is gonna tear it up. be therte saturday!

how am i being a dick? am i dissing the fest or the line up or joe? no. i am comparing the two fests, since they were compared to one another. i have no problems with bands getting paid. i also know this is a lot of work to do. i just wouldnt want to deal with the headaches of the money end of this, or any logistics of it really. if i lived nearby, i would go. if you want to see complaining, go the the b9 board.

also to the reunion thing, outside of d9, ressurection and token entry, most of these bands are not reuniting, but only play a few shows a year(underdog, kt, stout, etc).
3rdDistrict

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 11:27 AM

stout only plays a few shows a year? weird, just played with sheer terror and this month with Sand in DC and baltimore then cleveland in july (promotion!). then we're going to europe (hopefully!) this year
underdog has played 4 times in the last 2 months.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 11:42 PM

Quote:

Old Blacklisted as opposed to new? What's different?

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
dirtysteve

[*] posted on 6-1-2011 at 09:55 AM

Quote:
stout only plays a few shows a year? weird, just played with sheer terror and this month with Sand in DC and baltimore then cleveland in july (promotion!). then we're going to europe (hopefully!) this year
underdog has played 4 times in the last 2 months.

why all the hostility and name calling?i dont know you and you dont know me, grow up.
3rdDistrict

[*] posted on 6-1-2011 at 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Six66Mike
Quote:

Old Blacklisted as opposed to new? What's different?

from what i understand, the singer started actually singing, and their last album had a nirvana grungy feeling

the first two records are real good, heavy, fun. I havent see blacklisted in a while, but i heard they stopped playing them.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 6-1-2011 at 07:30 PM

Someone posted on their Facebook in April that they were still doing songs from Our Youth Is Wasted. I heard about recent album being more rock than hardcore but still haven't heard it, despite being one of my favourite bands. CD is still in the wrapper lol.

I thought they had a new line up or something. Jay Pepito was on guitar when they played in Canada for the first time, last time I saw them in Adelaide Tim was back on guitar.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top