Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Biohazard kicked out Evan!?
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-8-2011 at 06:36 PM

I liked them a bunch back in high school, which for me was in their earlier days.
the first 2 records were very very solid.
they had a great drummer
but they got old real fast.
I just don't care that you live in Brooklyn,or anywhere else, or you're tough, or from the wrong side of the tracks per say.
and please for the love of god stop yelling Motha Fuckah!!! in every damn song already.

it was pretty funny that in the day, they used to attract a slew of AC Skins at shows around these parts who'd come and seig heil to the big tattooed Jew singing about the Hardside.....then again, Nazi's loved GWAR too.
I liked GWAR better.

I just could never take half of their stuff seriously after I kinda grew up and did my best to avoid all that stupid crap.

and goddamn, who ever mastered Urban Discipline should be beaten down because the qualirty of the CD I have is way way fucking low.
dirtysteve

[*] posted on 6-8-2011 at 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
Quote:
Originally posted by mattybar
They've never been a hardcore band in my opinion, just a metal band who knew how to manipulate their underground roots for commercial gain.

I agree with that statement to some degree. I don't know how it was in the areas where you guys are from but I really can't think of another band off the top of my head that made such a large and immediate impact on the hardcore scene. Here in Boston everyone wanted to be them or be like them and it went on for years. I really don't know how to define "hardcore" but I'd say they had a huge impact on it.

what years are you talking about in boston specifically? all of the bands they have influenced like cold world are fucking horrible. if you are talking about tree and sam black church and that era in boston, i could see the influence, but again , those bands were pretty much shit.
MikeFromInhuman
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-8-2011 at 09:42 PM

The controversial 1988 demo is actually really good!
Total CARNIVORE/AF/Crossover worship!

JUICE MAYNE MSHC

Mood: new CF songs

[*] posted on 6-8-2011 at 10:37 PM

Here's the demo for whoever wants it

http://db.tt/Q5fMa5I

Mickey

Mood: Wisdom In Chains

[*] posted on 6-8-2011 at 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dirtysteve
Quote:
Quote:
They've never been a hardcore band in my opinion, just a metal band who knew how to manipulate their underground roots for commercial gain.

I agree with that statement to some degree. I don't know how it was in the areas where you guys are from but I really can't think of another band off the top of my head that made such a large and immediate impact on the hardcore scene. Here in Boston everyone wanted to be them or be like them and it went on for years. I really don't know how to define "hardcore" but I'd say they had a huge impact on it.

what years are you talking about in boston specifically? all of the bands they have influenced like cold world are fucking horrible. if you are talking about tree and sam black church and that era in boston, i could see the influence, but again , those bands were pretty much shit.
in the early 90's it seemed every band in Boston was trying to be a biohazard clone. Bzrker, Bricklayer, democracide, reason enough, brawlpark, high defiance, stompbox, and converge's first couple of shows I remember thinking it was another Bio clone. BFB definitely drew some influence from them and that's why Billy was top of the list to fill rob's spot. Everyone wanted to be a toughguy and you always heard "when your in fuckin (insert shitty small town) you bes watch your back". I loved early biohazard but thought they were a little corney and tried too hard to portray the toughguy image. At a show at the paradise a fight broke out and Evan yelled "yo, you wanna fight, come up here and fight us". When a well known crew of guys started climbing the stage he backpedaled saying "nah its cool, no problems, didn't realize it was you". That was the problem with their whole crowd. They wanted to be toughguys until the real toughguys showed up.

I'm ok with people not liking me
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-9-2011 at 08:03 AM

The demo up through and including Urban Discipline rule. I don't care if they have their hardcore scene merit badge or not...they wrote good music. Which too few bands do.
mike_

[*] posted on 6-9-2011 at 08:30 AM

I'm with Jason on this, "Urban discipline" is the NY record for me. The sound, the songs, the lyrics - almost a perfect record. I don't know about their attitude, but this album is 100% hardcore.

If it bleeds, we can kill it.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-9-2011 at 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mickey
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

in the early 90's it seemed every band in Boston was trying to be a biohazard clone. Bzrker, Bricklayer, democracide, reason enough, brawlpark, high defiance, stompbox, and converge's first couple of shows I remember thinking it was another Bio clone. BFB definitely drew some influence from them and that's why Billy was top of the list to fill rob's spot. Everyone wanted to be a toughguy and you always heard "when your in fuckin (insert shitty small town) you bes watch your back". I loved early biohazard but thought they were a little corney and tried too hard to portray the toughguy image. At a show at the paradise a fight broke out and Evan yelled "yo, you wanna fight, come up here and fight us". When a well known crew of guys started climbing the stage he backpedaled saying "nah its cool, no problems, didn't realize it was you". That was the problem with their whole crowd. They wanted to be toughguys until the real toughguys showed up.

I was just about to say some of these things. Everyone wanted to be Biohazard. I'd say BFB was hugely influenced by them early on. Some of it is obvious (there's a reason the song "You Lose" has been deleted from their history) and some of it is subtle (the Rob/Erick back and forth thing is very Billy/Evan). But there were tons of bands up here doing the tough guy thing: Black Belt, Reason Enough, Brawlpark, XXL.... the list goes on and on.

dirtysteve

[*] posted on 6-9-2011 at 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mickey
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

damn,i havent thought about some of the bands you mentioned in a long time. i actually kind of dig bzerker. boston has always been a black hole for hardcore since its heyday in my opinion. after dys and ssd broke up/went metal, the only decent band you had there was slapshot, who pretty much had peaked by 1990. most of those bands on the taang 89-92 comp are just horrible. i was never into converge or any of that screamo/metalcore shit, so i never bothered with the newer bands from there. only living witness were cool, but i would not really consider them a hardcore band. eye for an eye were ok, but i heard they and kingpin just never got it right in the studio, but were great live.

as for biohazard being the NY band for some people, that should be the cro mags, or AF., or SOIA. i own urban discipline and i would say it and the s/t are not the worst records ever, but they dont get a lot of rotation from me.
bombidol
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-15-2011 at 05:40 AM

Found out the other night what really happened with Evan, Holy shitballs.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
mattybar

[*] posted on 6-15-2011 at 06:21 AM

sounds juicy!
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 6-15-2011 at 06:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bombidol  

what happened?

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 6-15-2011 at 08:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by panzerkreuzer  
Quote: Originally posted by bombidol  

what happened?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Ya what happened?

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-15-2011 at 10:08 AM

Evan's replacement sounds just like him!!!

bombidol
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-15-2011 at 01:12 PM

Cant say lads, no doubt it will come out in time. Its fuckin crazy though. Something happened. Evan wanted to put the band on hiatus while he went "underground" and they said they couldnt so they got someone in to play while he is gone.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-15-2011 at 01:19 PM

Who did he give AIDS to that he needs to hide from?

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 6-15-2011 at 01:43 PM

So he will or plans on being back? What did he do? Make a "film" with a underage kid and now is a felon in prison?

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 6-15-2011 at 01:48 PM

he was on the wrong side of the tracks :)

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 6-15-2011 at 01:59 PM

THE WRONG..... SIDE OF THE LAW!

barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 6-15-2011 at 07:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mark Lind  
Who did he give AIDS to that he needs to hide from?

Someone with the username Jimmy G has been all over the internet saying dude has the aids.
SS76
Posting Freak

Mood: RAMALLAH

[*] posted on 6-15-2011 at 08:50 PM

could be because of his bad acting....

Silence is golden but violence is platinum.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 6-16-2011 at 12:33 AM

Looking a little aidsy.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-16-2011 at 06:06 AM

dude needs to ask fr his money back on that terrible throat tattoo
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 6-16-2011 at 04:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SS76  
could be because of his bad acting....

Calling his acting bad is being far too kind.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 6-19-2011 at 05:26 PM

So did anyone find out why he was ousted or left?

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top