Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: The Ryan Dunn Situation
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-22-2011 at 05:31 PM
The Ryan Dunn Situation

Action Recon comments on the situation now that all the facts have been brought to light.

http://www.actionrecon.com/2011/06/the-ryan-dunn-situation/

BKT.

Mickey

Mood: Wisdom In Chains

[*] posted on 6-22-2011 at 05:54 PM

Well said my man. I just shared it on fb because I couldn't agree more.

I'm ok with people not liking me
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-22-2011 at 05:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mickey  
Well said my man. I just shared it on fb because I couldn't agree more.

Thanks Mickey I appreciate that.

BKT.

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 6-22-2011 at 06:02 PM

Really could on you to write about that. I hope many read that and wake the fuck up. Just because he was cool or funny or part of some clique does not negate the fact he put so many people in harms way. Look at it for what it is, he was a fucking moron who made a really bad choice. Ego was not in check.

I shared it as well.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-22-2011 at 06:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by clevohardcore  
Really could on you to write about that. I hope many read that and wake the fuck up. Just because he was cool or funny or part of some clique does not negate the fact he put so many people in harms way. Look at it for what it is, he was a fucking moron who made a really bad choice. Ego was not in check.

I was going to write about it once the facts were all straight. The story you told today about that family who passed due to a drunk driver really motivated me, thanks for the post man.

BKT.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 6-22-2011 at 06:12 PM

I really am glad you included it. Things like that need to be said because not many put it in perspective like that. Families like that are affected every single day by actions just like Dunns. The more reality you add brings his celebrity status down. Nice job!

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 6-22-2011 at 07:19 PM

I agree 100% with what you wrote.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 6-22-2011 at 07:25 PM

Do you have different themes or stylesheets available? The white on black kills me every time I try to read an article.

Also agreed and re-posted.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-22-2011 at 08:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Six66Mike  
Do you have different themes or stylesheets available? The white on black kills me every time I try to read an article.

Also agreed and re-posted.

Entire site is been re-done and our launch will be next week sometime. It will be white background with black txt. I agree the black back with white txt is tough on the eyes.

BKT

sentrand
Posting Freak

Mood: hate riot 513,sheer terror, yuppicide, joe coffee

[*] posted on 6-22-2011 at 08:43 PM

what else can i say? EXCELLENT!!

I'm a jerk. All night,I'm seeing Sentrand and thinking "Where do I know that guy from?".
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 6-22-2011 at 10:03 PM

BKT, fantastic. One thing I admire about you is you firmly believe in what you put out there. No wavering. I have a lot of respect for that.
Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-23-2011 at 12:12 AM

well said man....one thing though, he was ONLY twice the legal limit? That's honestly not very drunk for someone not operating an automobile, so I'm kind of assuming that driving like a jackass outta hell in a fast car had quite a bit to do with it as well.

record collectors are pretentious assholes
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 6-23-2011 at 07:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Blackout Colin  
well said man....one thing though, he was ONLY twice the legal limit? That's honestly not very drunk for someone not operating an automobile, so I'm kind of assuming that driving like a jackass outta hell in a fast car had quite a bit to do with it as well.

^^^^^^^ This really depends. So many factors are also involved. Sleep, other possible drugs, and if he consumes alcohol often. Either way twice the is drunk no matter who ya are. But your probably right, for him it probably ain't that hammered.

Johnny_Whistle

Mood: the voices

[*] posted on 6-23-2011 at 09:50 AM

Very well said. Linked on my blog.

http://www.facebook.com/johncurtinmusic

"Making people laugh is the lowest form of comedy"
-Michael O'Donnohue
ChadBeantown

[*] posted on 6-23-2011 at 09:52 AM

that was great to read. I couldn't agree with you more.

vince

[*] posted on 6-23-2011 at 10:23 AM

My wife, daughter, mom and dad drive on 322 almost every day. I started thinking... what if it had been during the day and instead of going right, he went left and my wife and daughter were coming the other way?

My wife told me police are at the site directing traffic because so many people are stopping to see the accident scene.

sentrand
Posting Freak

Mood: hate riot 513,sheer terror, yuppicide, joe coffee

[*] posted on 6-23-2011 at 10:40 AM

i guess by now all the leftover debris has been taken by people. anyone see that shit?

I'm a jerk. All night,I'm seeing Sentrand and thinking "Where do I know that guy from?".
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-23-2011 at 10:47 AM

Am I the only one that is shocked that cars can drive up to 140 MPH? These are the things you don't learn when you're a life long bus rider.

BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-23-2011 at 11:33 AM

Thanks for all the feed back guys. Appreciate it.

When your driving a car at 135 MPH the smallest mistake can put you into a dyer situation and if your even a little bit drunk your reaction time is gone and its all over. The Porsche GT3 is a straight up racing car and can reach a speed like that in no time. The back in fly's out because of too much gas, you bump the wheel even a cm and your done.

BKT.

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-23-2011 at 11:56 AM

Well anyone that is so negligent has to suffer the consequences. People act weird when a celebrity dies. It's our culture and none of us can make sense of that. I'd liken this guy's death more to River Phoenix or something. It's a bumout because they were both quality entertainers but they brought their deaths upon themselves. It's nothing for people to get overly emotional about; it's not like the John Lennon assasination. People just want shit like this to happen so they can post about it on Facebook.

ShawnRefuse
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-23-2011 at 03:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mark Lind  
Well anyone that is so negligent has to suffer the consequences. People act weird when a celebrity dies. It's our culture and none of us can make sense of that. I'd liken this guy's death more to River Phoenix or something. It's a bumout because they were both quality entertainers but they brought their deaths upon themselves. It's nothing for people to get overly emotional about; it's not like the John Lennon assasination. People just want shit like this to happen so they can post about it on Facebook.

Whitey getting caught has taken over the posting now. Who was Ryan Dunn again? That is so yesterday.

Good punk/HC/oi shows coming up. Check out http://myspace.com/refuseresistband
morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 6-24-2011 at 01:37 AM

I have mixed feelings on this. I've done plenty of really stupid stuff when I look back. Fortunately I've never hurt anyone or my self. I can't say that he deserved what happened simply for doing something stupid. On the other hand, going 130+ transcends into the realm of really fucking stupid.I will admit I feel bad for the passenger, I don't know the situation but i have been stuck in a vehicle with people doing horrifying things. It's unfortunate he died as a result of a bad choice but at the same time I am glad he did not hurt anyone else who was on the road.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
Colin
Posting Freak

thumbup.gif posted on 6-24-2011 at 03:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by morgan  
I have mixed feelings on this. I've done plenty of really stupid stuff when I look back. Fortunately I've never hurt anyone or my self. I can't say that he deserved what happened simply for doing something stupid. On the other hand, going 130+ transcends into the realm of really fucking stupid.I will admit I feel bad for the passenger, I don't know the situation but i have been stuck in a vehicle with people doing horrifying things. It's unfortunate he died as a result of a bad choice but at the same time I am glad he did not hurt anyone else who was on the road.

record collectors are pretentious assholes
mattybar

[*] posted on 6-24-2011 at 05:13 AM

Am I the only one that is shocked that cars can drive up to 140 MPH? These are the things you don't learn when you're a life long bus rider.

ever since i was a little kid, i couldn't understand why it was legal to manufacture vehicles that can drive faster than the speed limit.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-24-2011 at 07:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mattybar  

ever since i was a little kid, i couldn't understand why it was legal to manufacture vehicles that can drive faster than the speed limit.

That's a really good question. When I was younger and toured with Oxymoron I was surprised when they told me that people drive in excess of 100 MPH on German highways and it's totally the norm. Can anyone here verify that? We did have a bit of a language barrier when we used to chat back then. ha

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top