Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Earth Crisis : Neutralize The Threat : Review
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-6-2011 at 12:46 PM
Earth Crisis : Neutralize The Threat : Review

Here is the review of the new album I promised.

http://www.actionrecon.com/2011/07/earth-crisis-neutralize-t...

BKT.

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 7-6-2011 at 01:27 PM

sweet.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-7-2011 at 03:46 PM

Nice review. It's always been interesting for me to have folks that don't share entirely(or at all) in their philosophy to vibe on them both musically and to respect them for their passion for what they write about.

BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-8-2011 at 11:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DaveMoral  
Nice review. It's always been interesting for me to have folks that don't share entirely(or at all) in their philosophy to vibe on them both musically and to respect them for their passion for what they write about.

Obviously I am not straight edge, but one thing I have always been abel to identify with them on is their hatred of drug dealers. I have in the past taken a very militant stance against such people and I am talking about action not words.

Earth Crisis has had such a long dedication to what they believe in and just for that alone I will always support them. Not to mention their music is crushing.

BKT.

mattybar

[*] posted on 7-8-2011 at 12:21 PM

ExC were one of the first 'heavy hardcore' bands i heard so they've always been a big influence musically.
I dig everything up to Gomorrah's Season Ends (except for the All Out War EP, that's kinda weak).
i caught em in NYC around the time GSE came out and a SXE friend of mine at the time was interviewing Karl for his zine. I went in there totally prepared to launch some attack on the whole pro-life stance but he turned out to be a very chilled out open-minded dude.

i think the fact they were very vocal about certain subjects made them an easy target for a lot critics but i can't say i've ever really let it bother me.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 7-8-2011 at 12:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BKT  

Obviously I am not straight edge, but one thing I have always been abel to identify with them on is their hatred of drug dealers. I have in the past taken a very militant stance against such people and I am talking about action not words.

Earth Crisis has had such a long dedication to what they believe in and just for that alone I will always support them. Not to mention their music is crushing.

BKT.

^^^^ I am in the same boat. Back then it was almost ironic how much I liked them as a band bit the message went right past me. Now, the message makes complete sense and the music is still very good.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 7-8-2011 at 05:24 PM

I know it's unfair of me to right this band off without ever bothered listening to them but for some reason I have never been able to really get into any straightedge bands.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-9-2011 at 12:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by morgan  
I know it's unfair of me to right this band off without ever bothered listening to them but for some reason I have never been able to really get into any straightedge bands.

Hey dude you like what you like. I am the same way with Christian hardcore. I remember that band No Innocent Victim and when I heard them I loved them. As soon as I found out they were Christian hardcore I was over it. Close minded perhaps, but that's just the way it is.

BKT.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-9-2011 at 07:52 PM

I've always been open to Christian hardcore. That's probably because I grew up in a hick town in northern Indiana and the tiny little hardcore scene we had was essentially all Christian bands but the one I was in. So along side AF, Warzone, Madball, ExC, Strife and what not I was listening to NIV, xDisciplex, Unashamed, Strongarm, Zao and Focal Point.

Never stopped me from thinking the majority of the Christian hc kids were douches though. They were, often far more judgey than vegan straight edge kids have ever been and just as clicky as anybody else. It was always a blast fucking with them.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 7-9-2011 at 11:12 PM

I saw Earth Crisis a few times, and was always entertained while drunk, but I only listen to them once or twice a year. I never minded the militant lyrics, but sometimes I found them a bit over the top. On the other hand, I respect the fact that they never backed down or changed their beliefs.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-10-2011 at 02:08 AM

I've always been open to Christian hardcore. That's probably because I grew up in a hick town in northern Indiana and the tiny little hardcore scene we had was essentially all Christian bands but the one I was in. So along side AF, Warzone, Madball, ExC, Strife and what not I was listening to NIV, xDisciplex, Unashamed, Strongarm, Zao and Focal Point.

Never stopped me from thinking the majority of the Christian hc kids were douches though. They were, often far more judgey than vegan straight edge kids have ever been and just as clicky as anybody else. It was always a blast fucking with them.

Strongarm. They were alright. That one album with the green cover and the bridge on the front. Good shit.

BKT.

CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 7-10-2011 at 10:37 AM

Completely agree. I would always ask them to "forgive me" but that just pissed them off. xSolidarityx is a band I listen to often while running.
spyderdog

Mood: my own dumb ass band....yeah im like that

[*] posted on 7-14-2011 at 09:16 PM

cant wait to hear this all the way through

CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 7-14-2011 at 10:24 PM

VERY good album by EC.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 7-15-2011 at 03:05 AM

I've been jamming it non-stop since Tuesday. Very good release. The cover artwork is pretty rad as well. That bird is badass. HAHAHA

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-15-2011 at 08:23 AM

I like it a whole lot better than To The Death. For some reason though, Earth Crisis has lost some of their power for me. Good record though. Still like Destroy The Machines better.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 7-15-2011 at 05:37 PM

I like it a whole lot better than To The Death. For some reason though, Earth Crisis has lost some of their power for me. Good record though. Still like Destroy The Machines better.

^^^^ I agree with this statement. I wasn't feeling "to the death" either.

Go To Top