Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Long lost '88 demo - w/ uploads
moe

[*] posted on 7-6-2011 at 11:53 PM
Long lost '88 demo - w/ uploads

Alright this is the demo for STEP ASIDE from 1988. Yeah there were Step Aside's in every city in every state but guaranteed this is none of those. I tried to convert it a few years ago but was never able to get the whole demo converted. Thanks to my man Alessandro Coluccelli for the transfer and cleaning up.

**The first 30 seconds or so of the demo is pretty beat up from the age of the tape but after that the sounds cleans up and actually sounds pretty good. Alessandro definately worked some magic cleaning it up.

This is the STEP ASIDE from Reston/Herndon Va. They never played a show and only practiced a few times before putting this demo out. For those not aware, this Northern VA (DC Suburb) area had a great scene back in those days. I guess the biggest names of course being AVAIL (yeah prior to Richmond they got their start in Reston) , LDK (with Tim Barry on drums), Transilience and about 100 other bands from that period as well. I'm sure folks from this area, and that time, all have different favorites and can chime in on some of the other bands and also correct my spotty memory.

Anyway, I always thought that most of the bands leaned more towards Cali and DC sounds (with RKL always being a favorite of a lot of kids) but I always loved this demo because of the definate NY sound similar to Breakdown and Raw Deal IMO. Found out later that Carter actually plays for JFA now, pretty cool if you ask me.

The lineup for this demo was:

Jon Shaffer - Bass (Reticents, Porch Mob, ELectricutions)
Carter Blitch - Drums (JFA)
Steve Sklarew (sp?) - Guitar
Keith Robinson - Vocals (Hostile Environment or was it Psychotic Symptoms - one of those was the name of the old band I think)

Let me know what you think.

Here it is in FLAC and 320. If I have somehow screwed this up just let me know and I will try and fix it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lo7692tywl441h6 [www.mediafire.com] - FLAC
http://www.mediafire.com/?emop5ikakkhbdpd [www.mediafire.com] - 320

Go To Top