Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: so I guess I'm NOT moving... (life sucks)
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 06:14 AM
so I guess I'm NOT moving... (life sucks)

So the house that I was buying is owned by a husband & wife (they are still together) and the wife was away on vacation. I made an offer, there was a counter offer made, I made another offer, there was another counter offer made and it was accepted. I signed the purchase & sales agreement and was waiting on a signed copy from them with the disclosuers on the house.

Well aparantly the wife got home the weekend of July 4th and decided that the house was worth more than my offer and no one got in touch with me about that until 2 days ago. Last night I talked to my agent again and he said that they want more for the house now. Looks like since they never signed the purchase & sales that I'm fucked and cant do anything about it, but I had started making arangements and started packing because I was told multiple times that it was a 'done deal'.

With all the bullshit that Ive dealt with (I know I'm not the only one) I think I give up. Why try and work at stuff when 99% of the time its an epic failure? If I dont try and stuff fails then it wont be a shock and if I dont try and something actually works out then it will be a really nice surprise.

Shit is just to hard to deal with when I sit at a job I hate for 8-10 hours a day and then work at other stuff and acomplish nothing!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 07:21 AM

I definitely wouldn't give up, owning your home is probably the most important thing to try & get out of the way. I'm sick to fuck of renting but the prices here are beyond reach for most. Take advantage of the low prices and interest while you can, keep looking for something and grab a good buy while you can.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 07:39 AM

This house is the 3rd we put in for and this one we thought it was a "done deal" about 3 times before it was done. I just got to a point that nothing was final until the actual closing because the system is fucked up and leaves WAY too much open for failure at any point until the closing. I got QUITE pissed but I am glad I stuck to it and got in a house.

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 08:16 AM

I'm just to pissed off right now to even think about another house. This one was perfect. Its 400 feet from where I am now which means its close to all the stuff thats important to me. And this was SUCH a 'done deal' that I gave him a deposit that now I have to get back.

Quote:
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

ChadBeantown

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 08:49 AM

This does suck but hang in there. Something better will come along and you will never look back at this. It took me months to close on my house and there where many ups and downs. One minute it was a done deal then the next it wasn't. I am really glad I stuck it out. This is a great time to buy so keep looking!!!

SS76
Posting Freak

Mood: RAMALLAH

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 09:24 AM

check out hotpads.com. I found my house through this site last year. Easy to use; lets you put in the max price you're willing to pay and weeds out the rest. I went with a short sale and it wasn't easy but totally worth it.

Silence is golden but violence is platinum.
ShawnRefuse
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 09:50 AM

I could never own.

Good punk/HC/oi shows coming up. Check out http://myspace.com/refuseresistband
ChadBeantown

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 10:11 AM

Yes you can!!!

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 10:23 AM

the problem is that I already live in a house so its not like I'm looking to move from an apartment. So the only way I'm going to move and invest the money is if its 110% worth it.

This house was EXACTLY where I wanted it to be and its one of the 2 nicest houses in the neighborhood. Its a reasonable distance from work, close to Providence, close to my grandfather etc etc etc. Almost all the rest of the neighborhood is small houses like I'm in now so this house was almost like a once in a lifetime.

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 11:02 AM

sorry to hear this man.....something will work out in time for you. Renting sucks

record collectors are pretentious assholes
lifeisabitch
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 12:46 PM

Hang in there bro, everything happens for a reason

next big storm that comes thru that house is going to be leveled and the one you are in are now is going to be safe, and they are going to be fucked for not having the right kind of home owners insurance and lose their asses.

ShawnRefuse
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 01:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ChadBeantown  
Yes you can!!!

I have commitment issues. More mental than anything else. The nomad in me would rather not own.

I do feel real bad for you though honus. But I believe in Karma and you are one of the good ones. You'll get something good.

Good punk/HC/oi shows coming up. Check out http://myspace.com/refuseresistband
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 01:11 PM

It's not a done deal until you close unfortunately. Did you get your deposit back from escrow?

I will give you my horror story so you don't feel so alone. I made my offer and signed my purchase and sale and everything else based on the fact that the MLS listing said the taxes were $1665 annually (estimated based on the first half of the year). My lender even went based on this. On the night before I closed my lawyer sent over documentation for me to review and the taxes are actually closer to $4000 per year. I had two options: 1) walk away from closing and risk never getting my deposit back or 2) close the deal. So I went with option 2 and now I may be filing a civil suit against the selling agent and Century 21 for deceptive business practice. It's an extra $166 per month that I hadn't counted on.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 01:38 PM

buck up, lil camper. shit's never a done deal til you got the keys. but this is a buyer's market so get out there and make some outlandish offers. alternatively, if you really, REALLY love the place, hear them out on the counter. personally, i wouldn't on principle, but you could. also, they may come back to you in a few months after they've had zero other offers.

mark, how did they come up with such a discrepancy? was it a flat out lie or were taxes for the first half of the year really $832.50? was the property reassessed?

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 01:38 PM

that does suck Mark and I hope you win.

I'm getting my deposit back tonight from the agent and based on his lack of communication I might tell him off once I have the check.

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 01:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BDx13  

mark, how did they come up with such a discrepancy? was it a flat out lie or were taxes for the first half of the year really $832.50? was the property reassessed?

The seller's agent listed the half year estimate as if it were the full year. The actual figure of $4000 came from the city. The seller's agent is a total cunt and she was like "well I said it was estimated based on the first half of the year". Apparently she doesn't understand the concept of estimates, projections, lawsuits and complaints to the realtor's licensing board. :lol:

Honus, what is the loop hole that they managed to use here? Is it because they're married and both have to sign off? It seems to me that if you reached the point of a P&S then they are locked in.

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 03:20 PM

yeah it was that they both needed to sign it and I have a P&S, but neither of them signed my copy because I was waiting to get it from them while they were aparantly changing their minds. CUNTS!

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 03:28 PM

That's kinda fucked up.

MattyA

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 04:09 PM

That suck man, keep your head up.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 04:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BDx13  
buck up, lil camper. shit's never a done deal til you got the keys. but this is a buyer's market so get out there and make some outlandish offers. alternatively, if you really, REALLY love the place, hear them out on the counter. personally, i wouldn't on principle, but you could. also, they may come back to you in a few months after they've had zero other offers.

^^^^^ I have ran into this issue twice already so I know exactly what Mark is speaking of. One instance was 2 house on each side of the block. Very similar in size etc. One had taxes of 2404 the other had them at 1645. When researching the 1645 we found the taxes where actually more but could not find the exact total until we made an offer. Another house was very similar to teh first story. In fact the realtor told us that its like that all the time as they are based on many factors. Like what you pay, what the last perosn paid b4 you and if additions were added to house etc. All fucking bullshit.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 05:00 PM

HONUS. Do what we are. DO NOT get stuck on a single house. I've owned b4 and we did just that and paid dearly. Fortunately we sold the home. Now I am "going to get mine" so to speak. I find a house, like it send in a low ball offer. If it takes then we are happy if it doesn't move the fuck on. I am going to take advantage of this market. Its tough though with the games being played with house prices and the banks not posting homes in a timely fashion. They are holding foreclosures out of the market to not flood it. So people have to compete with a few houses and not a lot of them. It's a game they are playing and they are allowed/required by the federal government to do as such. So house prices do not decline to where they in fact should be. THIS IS NOT A FREE MARKET. NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Furly
Posting Freak

Mood: Not your band.

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 05:09 PM

That sucks love. I know you're pissed, bt never give up on what you truly want. Shit will work out, nothing easy is ever worth it.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 09:59 PM

I just read a article by some higly respected economist and he stated that the housing market will plummet another 20% estimate next year because of the economic status we are in right now. An estimated 2.5 million homes are presently empty because of forclosures. Not nearly enough people int he market to buy and more people will be underwater/value of home payments. Basically paying more on the value of the home. I'll link it, its interesting. Maybe this lady bailing on selling to you was a good thing for you.

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 7-14-2011 at 06:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Furly  
That sucks love. I know you're pissed, bt never give up on what you truly want. Shit will work out, nothing easy is ever worth it.

Nothing ever seems to work out on my end.

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 7-14-2011 at 11:13 AM

Kill the wife.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’

Go To Top