Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Atten: Comic Book guys
Dave
Posting Freak

Mood: .......

[*] posted on 7-27-2011 at 07:59 AM
Atten: Comic Book guys

JUST wondering who gets comics weekly, and could do me a favour......and if your shop is getting the Amazing Spider-Man 666 Store variant done or not, if you could pick me up 5 copies of it, and ship them to me? I can paypal the $$ to ya.

Me and my buddys are trying to get a complete set...(its going to be tough with those europe/asia/australia ones i think)

here is the shop list/covers....

http://marvel.com/news/story/16348/spider-man_saves_comic_sh...
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 7-27-2011 at 08:05 AM

man this is such a money making idea its insane! It reminds me of charging bands to be on comp CDs by just telling them all they have to do is buy X number of copies full well knowing they will NEVER sell the copies to make the money back.

I can probably get you 'Friendly Neighborhood Comics' from Bellingham if you really want them. I dont shop there (they are the enemy shop of the place I actually go to) but I can stop by. When does it come out?

I'm surprised that Newbury Comics isnt doing this. They did the Godzilla one a couple of months ago and so did 'Friendly Neighborhood Comics'.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-27-2011 at 08:46 AM

damn, that's a lot of variations. do the shops pay to participate in that?

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Dave
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-27-2011 at 08:56 AM

They had to buy a min. of 500 copies on top of 150% of what they normally order....marvel is going to make a ton on this....
Dave
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-27-2011 at 08:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX  
man this is such a money making idea its insane! It reminds me of charging bands to be on comp CDs by just telling them all they have to do is buy X number of copies full well knowing they will NEVER sell the copies to make the money back.

I can probably get you 'Friendly Neighborhood Comics' from Bellingham if you really want them. I dont shop there (they are the enemy shop of the place I actually go to) but I can stop by. When does it come out?

I'm surprised that Newbury Comics isnt doing this. They did the Godzilla one a couple of months ago and so did 'Friendly Neighborhood Comics'.

It comes out today Josh. if you could grab me 5 of them that would be sweet.
Dave
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-27-2011 at 08:59 AM

It kinda sucks for completists....(like me & my buddy who owns a shop here.....) he got a variant done.
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 7-27-2011 at 09:33 AM

its really cool for a shop to see themselves on the cover of a comic, but its not much advertising since only your shop gets copies with your store on the cover. Marvel will make a KILLING. It must have worked out well with the Godzilla book they did because Spiderman is a much more hi-profile book to use.

Quote:
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 7-27-2011 at 09:38 AM

I bet any store thats getting them would be more than willing to sell them to you mailorder since they are going to have 600+ copies on hand

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

Dave
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-27-2011 at 09:43 AM

its really cool for a shop to see themselves on the cover of a comic, but its not much advertising since only your shop gets copies with your store on the cover. Marvel will make a KILLING. It must have worked out well with the Godzilla book they did because Spiderman is a much more hi-profile book to use.

Godzilla was put out on IDW, this is the first Marvel book to do this, and they must have made a boat load on this.
crappy thing is, there is only a possible of 500 people to ever have a complete set of covers now.
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 7-27-2011 at 10:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Dave  

Godzilla was put out on IDW, this is the first Marvel book to do this, and they must have made a boat load on this.
crappy thing is, there is only a possible of 500 people to ever have a complete set of covers now.

oh shit you're right! I guess I just assumed that Godzilla was Marvel. So that means that Marvel probably got the idea from IDW.

If you really want the set I would just start emailing ALL the stores about ordering some copies.

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-27-2011 at 10:25 AM

i'm surprised the stores haven't worked together to create complete sets and then sell them directly.

but like honus said, you could probably contact stores directly.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Dave
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-27-2011 at 11:39 AM

Between me and my Buddy who owns a comic shop here, we probably will be.
jcarter

[*] posted on 7-27-2011 at 01:43 PM

Hey Dave, I used to work at Jim Hanley's Universe in Manhattan. I just talked to my friend Nick who's a manger there he said just call the store @ 212-268-7088 and he'll get you as many as you need of theirs. Ask for Nick or Ronnie , tell them Jason Carter sent you and they will hook it up for you. They are actually the two guys on the cover too along with Spider Man and Ronnie's daughter Maggie.

Dave
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-27-2011 at 02:19 PM

Sweet thanks Jason.

Go To Top