Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Shamrock N Roll Festival, Bangor, ME
Johnny_Whistle

Mood: the voices

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 12:42 AM

I have to say, this fest was a blast. We didn't have the best set, but hanging out in the field with Chad and the other Boozehounds, as well as the O'Toole's and the Pubcrawlers was a ton of fun (And I think a bill with the four of us would be pretty damn great. We need to start working on that). And seeing Stiff Little Fingers was one of my highlights of the year so far.

I don't know if anyone here is going to any of the other shows, but I was totally strapped for cash and couldn't get an SLF shirt, so if someone wants to pick up a size large for me, I'd be happy to Paypal you the money for it.

Good seeing you Chad!

http://www.facebook.com/johncurtinmusic

"Making people laugh is the lowest form of comedy"
-Michael O'Donnohue
ChadBeantown

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 07:41 AM

I had a great time!! We should definitely work on that show (Gobshites, Boozehounds, Pubcrawlers, O'Tooles). There are a lot of great pictures getting put up on Facebook. I think my highlight was when we finished our set and this guy from California (who was loaded) came over to talk to us. He was very excited to meet us and then said " You guys are so awesome, you sound just like the Red Hot Chilli Peppers". Nothing against them but I don't see ANY comparison at all. It was a really good time over all and we sold a ton of merch!! The ride all the way back to Boston on Sunday, Not so fun!!

Johnny_Whistle

Mood: the voices

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 10:49 AM

Red Hot Chili Peppers? Huh, alright then. I tried once to get Pete to use the tagline "If you cover your ears and squint, it's almost like watching Celtic Thunder."

We didn't even bring merch for the show. The whole 70/30 thing kind of stuck in our craw a bit. There were one or two other behind the scenes things that bothered us about the fest, but as an event it was great.

http://www.facebook.com/johncurtinmusic

"Making people laugh is the lowest form of comedy"
-Michael O'Donnohue
ChadBeantown

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 11:05 AM

We are kind of lucky as far as merch goes. I make all of our shirts so we sell them at our shows for $7. So for the fest we made them $10 and still got the $7!! I was pretty happy with how everything ran (except maby our set time getting switch from the time sent out the night before).

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top