Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: London riots
MattyA

[*] posted on 8-14-2011 at 10:04 PM

How are things over their? Haven't seen anything on the news lately, are they still rioting?
mattybar

[*] posted on 8-15-2011 at 04:32 AM

It's all calmed down now.
I went through a few of the worst hit areas near my place on Saturday and everything was back to normal except for the huge wooden boards up over windows on half the shops.
MattyA

[*] posted on 8-15-2011 at 08:50 AM

Good to hear.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 8-15-2011 at 06:21 PM

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-15/cameron-announces-soci... was a good read, time to sit back & see what the government actually does long term to stem the flow of discontent. Short term police crackdown will just cause more long term strife and almost guarantee more riots. They need to get these people through school with a proper education and get them working.

That was the basic summary on the news this morning too. Recruitment manager said the quality of new job seekers he's been seeing in recent years is terrible, people can't spell for shit. Time to stop giving up on educating people because this is what happens when they have nothing else to contribute. Idle hands throw molotov cocktails, working people are too busy.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top