Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: New Misfits record
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-20-2011 at 11:58 AM

I saw them on their "comeback" tour in 1996 at the Middle East in Cambridge. They didn't have any new songs except for "Black Light" so all they played were the Danzig songs. It was pretty awesome. The Middle East holds 550 people. I would guess there were 900 people in there that night. I watched the show standing on the bar. There were so many people in there that no one was even bothering trying to get drinks because they couldn't move. The bartenders and security didn't even try to stop us all from using the bar as bleachers.

Next time they came around was to Avalon a few months later. That place held 1200 at the time and they had Cannibal Corpse, Life of Agony and Anthrax opening for them. That was another great show. It was all downhill from there.

Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-20-2011 at 12:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tireironsaint  
Quote: Originally posted by Blackout Colin  
Quote: Originally posted by tireironsaint  
This was recorded here in this tiny, nowheresville town I live in
Ed Stasium (who recorded Ramones at one point) did it in Bayfield,CO ( a even shittier town right outside). I guess Dez from Black Flag has been playing with 'em for a little bit. Jesus Christ, these guys need to stop putting out records. I probably wouldn't listen to them, but I wouldn't hate on 'em if it was a new band, but they've been trying to rip off an old name for what now, at least 15 years....
Was it Bayfield? Alls I know is right after I quit working at Nature's everybody I still knew over there kept telling me how the guys using the Misfits name kept coming in every day and handing out merch.
yep. A buncha people I know met Jerry Only, I guess he was at the Billygoat Saloon with Dez handing out autographed posters at one point, & a girl I know who works at Nature's BBQed with them & gave one of my old roommates an autograph. Strange they would record in a completely bumfuck little town, but OK.

record collectors are pretentious assholes
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-20-2011 at 01:55 PM

First time I played with "The Misfits" Jerry showed up before soundcheck with his hair in a ponytail, sweat pants, a gym shirt, a fanny pack and high top sneakers. He was bossing everyone around so I assumed he was the head roadie or something. Then he gets in costume and combs his ponytail forward to a devil lock.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-20-2011 at 03:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mark Lind  
First time I played with "The Misfits" Jerry showed up before soundcheck with his hair in a ponytail, sweat pants, a gym shirt, a fanny pack and high top sneakers. He was bossing everyone around so I assumed he was the head roadie or something. Then he gets in costume and combs his ponytail forward to a devil lock.

man i just got an excellent mental picture just now...thank you haha:D
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 8-20-2011 at 08:06 PM

I saw that show with Anthrax at Avalon and they were awesome!!
I loved that they turned into 'monsters' and were larger than life almost in a Kiss way, but now they suck!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-21-2011 at 01:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX  
I saw that show with Anthrax at Avalon and they were awesome!!
I loved that they turned into 'monsters' and were larger than life almost in a Kiss way, but now they suck!

Now they've really turned into musical monsters.

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-22-2011 at 10:42 AM

He sure loves his fanny pack. He was rockin one while doing autographs at Rock N Shock a few years back.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top