Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: attn (recent) home owners....
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 9-7-2011 at 03:40 PM
attn (recent) home owners....

Ok... I got my 'home inspection' report and I have some questions about what IS something I should worry about and what stuff I shouldnt worry about. I realize that no house is 'perfect' but I just want to make sure I dont get fucked.

The report shows 4 ratings for things...
Major Concern
Safety Issue
Improve
Monitor

There are no things listed as 'Major Concerns' and there are 2 'Safety Issues' (one of which is a hand railing). Most of the 'Improve' or 'Monitor' things are things that I think you have to keep an eye on anyway.

Thoughts? Opinions? Concerns?? about your experiences!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
ChadBeantown

[*] posted on 9-7-2011 at 04:06 PM

I would say it's all good!! There is alway's going to be stuff to fix around the house. As long as theres no MAJOR CONCERNS I think you are OK!!

Mickey

Mood: Wisdom In Chains

[*] posted on 9-7-2011 at 04:46 PM

Home inspections are great, but it all depends on the qualifications of the inspector. Its a good idea to get one, but get a second opinion to see what's really necessary. If your house has "good bones"....solid roof, floors, and walls, I wouldn't worry too much about the rest. My first house was older and required more work than the one I'm in now, and now I'm kinda bored because I enjoyed doing work around the house. There's always something to do when ya own a home, and shit pops up ya never realize ya need. When ya get a little extra money ya might want to grab one of those multi tool, one battery kit. Congratulations.

I'm ok with people not liking me
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-7-2011 at 06:44 PM

If the "safety issues" are fixable and aren't huge then you can ask the sellers to fix them as a condition of the sale of the house. It's worth asking, and if the seller hasn't had any offers on the house other than yours they might do it depending on what the issues are.

What specifically are the issues you're worried about? What were the safety issues?
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 9-8-2011 at 05:51 AM

Theres no specific issues I'm concered with really I'm just VERY nervous about the whole thing because I've never bought a house.

The 2 safety issues...
1 - something about a railing that I'm not even sure I noticed. I'm not sure if its on stairs going up or stairs going down. I gotta find out.

2 - an air duct coming out of the furnace that is a little to close to the ceiling beam.
They said it could be 'fixed' by putting a piece of fire resistant dry wall between the duct & the ceiling and it would be fine.

There is still a specific 'Fire Inspection' to be done as well as an apraisel so I'm waiting for the results of those too.

Quote:
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 9-8-2011 at 01:47 PM

It's all good. MInor things pointed out and no major issues. That's great news.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-8-2011 at 02:37 PM

Is the concern the duct is going to catch on fire? Not sure I'm following that one.
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 9-9-2011 at 05:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent  
Is the concern the duct is going to catch on fire? Not sure I'm following that one.

just that the duct could heat up (its from the furnace) and heat up the wood, but its been that way for 30+ years. I will either have the owners put something fire proof between the duct & beam or I will do it myself. I think the other stuff is mostly common sense things to just be aware of no matter where you live.

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-9-2011 at 05:20 AM

Ah, just sounds like some beurocratic fire code stuff...wood doesn't ignite till like 600 degrees lol...your furnace would need to be on pcp.

Good thing it's easy problems like that though...could be worse shit.
Mickey

[*] posted on 9-9-2011 at 08:22 AM

Don't know if your interested, but I have a lawnmower that's 2 years old not running though. Something is fucked up with the carburetor and its not mixing right. Should be an easy fix, I just used it as an excuse to buy a ride on.

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 9-9-2011 at 09:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mickey  
Don't know if your interested, but I have a lawnmower that's 2 years old not running though. Something is fucked up with the carburetor and its not mixing right. Should be an easy fix, I just used it as an excuse to buy a ride on.

I actually just got a lawnmower from someone I work with but I really appreciate the offer. We needed a new couch too and looked on CraigsList and got a really nice double recliner couch for free from someone in a kind of upperclass town in RI that just wanted to get rid of it. Pretty awesome!

thanks again Mickey!

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

Mickey

[*] posted on 9-9-2011 at 04:20 PM

No problem. I just had a couch hauled away yesterday too. Dual reclining sectional that was just sitting in my basement. Check out the free section of Craigslist, tons of descent stuff. Saw a few Jacuzzis on there....maybe time to do over my deck hmmm

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-9-2011 at 04:36 PM

Most home inspections are just done visually. Lord knows they didn't snake my drain and find out that the main sewerage line was gonna back up on me the day I moved in. I'd say he was full of shit but really it was my bathroom that was full of it.

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-9-2011 at 05:15 PM

Am I the only one thinking that Josh just got Mickey's couch without either of them realizing it? And that we've learned that Mickey is from a kind of upperclass town in Rhode Island.

Quote: Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX  

We needed a new couch too and looked on CraigsList and got a really nice double recliner couch for free from someone in a kind of upperclass town in RI that just wanted to get rid of it. Pretty awesome!

thanks again Mickey!

Quote: Originally posted by Mickey  
No problem. I just had a couch hauled away yesterday too. Dual reclining sectional that was just sitting in my basement.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.

Go To Top