Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: new band
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-26-2011 at 06:07 PM
new band

Hey guys. I posted a demo up here before and you dudes didn't like it which is cool but here's a final song from the actual album:

www.ebenezerblood.com

We're playing our first show on 10/12 at the Middle East in Cambridge with Gozu and Helmet. If any of you live in New England and want to buy tickets then you can buy them from us and save the $5.50 service charge (our service charge is only $1 because PayPal takes a cut)

http://buyourmerch.blogspot.com/

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-26-2011 at 06:52 PM

I'm playing it a few times now, and it's growing on me.

My first impression is that it sounded like Mark Lind trying to write his own "The Horror and the Gag," with some other BFB and Ramallah (mostly Ramallah, but some high-quality Thorp Records "Serenity" BFB elements) tossed in. I think the intro hit me with the Horror... reference. First hint of lyrics went from V for Vendetta (or the Gunpowder Plot and Guy Fawkes, if you're so inclined, and see quote below) to Sept 11.

Quote:

Remember, remember the fifth of November, gunpowder, treason and plot. I see no reason why gunpowder treason should ever be forgot!

All that being said, I like this more than the demos you posted before, and I may be able to get into the band. But it's going to need some time to grow on me. I'm still not sure if Mark's voice will ever hit me as a hard rock vocalist, since I've always thought of him as more of a scratchy melodic singer, the kind of guy who is good with hitting a street-wise punk rock melody. And the acoustic stuff is better than Dylan's voice but a bit rougher than a Phil Ochs, but in the same vein.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-26-2011 at 10:11 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah.... it would be a lie if I said Ramallah wasn't a huge influence on this. And you got the V for Vendetta reference. I'm sure some people won't. It's sort of a stab at bands like Ramallah.... some of the grunge bands like Alice in Chains and then some stuff like John Bush-era Anthrax. Not all on this song but over the course of the 10 songs.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 9-26-2011 at 11:42 PM

When you posted the demo I couldn't get into it at all. That being said, I loved this song.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-27-2011 at 09:07 AM

I missed the demos when they were posted. Have to wait to get home to check this out.

panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 9-27-2011 at 10:22 AM

i canīt stand the last minute of the song. too much "we are, we are the chosen ones" for me.

ShawnRefuse
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-27-2011 at 10:26 AM

kinda funny, sounds like Squallie at points (I know he is obsessed with ya and heavily influenced but he usually is the one trying to sing like you in a metal band) That being said, I liked it. The end is a little too repetitive for me. But I can see you going over really well at that show.

Glad to see you doing stuff again.

Good punk/HC/oi shows coming up. Check out http://myspace.com/refuseresistband
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-27-2011 at 11:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by panzerkreuzer  
i canīt stand the last minute of the song. too much "we are, we are the chosen ones" for me.

This is actually going to be the last track on the CD so it will sort of just ride out into the sunset. Taken out of that context and can totally see your point.

XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 9-27-2011 at 02:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by XnMeX  
I missed the demos when they were posted. Have to wait to get home to check this out.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Johnny_Whistle

Mood: the voices

[*] posted on 9-27-2011 at 04:18 PM

I liked it. It's not the kind of thing I typically listen to, but I thought it was well done.

http://www.facebook.com/johncurtinmusic

"Making people laugh is the lowest form of comedy"
-Michael O'Donnohue
ChadBeantown

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 08:27 AM

I wasn't sure at first but after a few times I liked it. The end part is definitely long but it works with Marks explanation. It is a good way to end a CD!! The show should be awesome. If you haven't heard GOZU you should check them out. They are one of my favorite bands in Boston!!!

SS76
Posting Freak

Mood: RAMALLAH

[*] posted on 9-28-2011 at 08:35 AM

sounds great! Looking forward to hearing the whole album.

Silence is golden but violence is platinum.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-29-2011 at 07:47 PM

For some reason, Mark, your vocals(or vocals like this over heavy music like this in general) causes a kind of cognitive dissonance for me. I can't help but feel like this needs harder vocals, but at the same time I like it. In particular, I like what you're saying with the lyrics. It's just really hard for me to be totally sold on the combination of the sort of metallic hardcore sound with sung vocals instead of shouted/screamed vocals, because it brings to mind some of the douche bands out there that use the sound and make juggalo videos.

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-29-2011 at 10:20 PM

We just added a second song that features Tank from the band Energy on guest vocals. It's called "Gun Shots".

XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 06:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mark Lind  
We just added a second song that features Tank from the band Energy on guest vocals. It's called "Gun Shots".

is Rob playing on it too?

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 09:14 AM

I just had to look at the track listing to figure out what Rob played on. He played overdub guitars on the songs called "Nothing", "Liars, Snakes and Thieves", "Tensions", "Wicked Eyes" and "The Chosen Ones". Lots of fast fretting and ambient noises that I wasn't really sure how to do. He also turned the main riff from the song "Liars, Snakes and Thieves" from something that sounded vaguely like Slayer to something that could have actually been recorded by Slayer. It's pretty hilarious. Otherwise I played all the bass and guitars. Bob also played guitar on Tensions. I only played bass on that one and those guys finished off the guitars.

Rob does a vocal part on the song called "Only Enemy" but it isn't as prominiently featured as Tank is on this one. Most of what he did was to tell me if something I was doing wasn't working and pointed out additional ideas that may work instead. In some cases I just handed him the guitar and he played the additional parts and in some cases I played them. He was very active during the last day of recording backing vocals and he helped sound out some of the parts I had to do on the piano or guitar. He was also part of all the gang vocals.

If we do another record then I will probably ask Rob to straight up co-produce it with Benny Grotto but he wasn't involved in the pre-production or anything so the songs were what they were by the time we got to the studio. He could really only advise on changing things within the parameters of the songs.

For those of you that may not be familiar with them, Benny Grotto the producer/engineer drums in a Boston band called Motherboar that you guys might like.

SS76
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 09:35 AM

Damn, if you guys have been working together so much; how about a quick Sinners and Saints E.P.?

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 09:45 AM

I tried, man. Bridge 9 is issuing the S&S album on vinyl soon and I wanted to have a 7" ready to release at the same time. But it's hard to get Rob to commit to anything. This project was easy because all he did was come hang out at the studio and he didn't need to do any prep work on it. He sort of just hung out and offered encouragement. I started working on this record 2 years ago and Bob joined up with me on it a year ago so it's all that sort of lead up work that I can't get Rob to commit to.

Dustin from S&S is even willing to come back to Boston for a weekend to record new material. I will try Rob again at some point down the road. The thing is that we have tons of leftover S&S songs that never got worked on so it shouldn't be too hard to do it. He's just not really into it I guess.

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 09:59 AM

Alright. I just shot him another email. I probably won't hear back from him though.

panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 10:06 AM

after some listenings
when will the cd be available?
the song has a bit of a life of agony feeling to me. what isnīt meant bad.
i want to hear more!!

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 10:35 AM

Thanks, man!! Life of Agony is one of the bands we were looking at as an influence. We wanted to do a 90's type thing that would appeal to dudes our age. Some of the bands we were looking at were Only Living Witness, Biohazard, Life of Agony, Anthrax, Alice in Chains, White Zombie and stuff like that. It's not all apparent but we tried to have a little of all of that in the stew. :)

I'm gonna post the CD for pre-order this weekend. We're going totally DIY on it so we should have them in time for our show with Helmet which is less than 2 weeksn from now.

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-30-2011 at 11:32 AM

I put the CD up now for order:
http://buyourmerch.blogspot.com

SS76
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-2-2011 at 09:26 AM

You should let us hear Only Enemy today.....c'mon...

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-2-2011 at 05:14 PM

I posted it and set it up so all three songs can be downloaded...... for $1 a piece. ;)

SS76
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-2-2011 at 07:47 PM

Thanks!
:flaming:

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top