Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hungry Muppet to appear on "Sesame Street"
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 04:03 PM
Hungry Muppet to appear on "Sesame Street"

http://news.yahoo.com/hungry-muppet-appear-sesame-street-181...

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 05:19 PM

Ever notice how Yahoo! News article comment sections are full of right wing asshole spouting their bullshit? Mean spirited shit too.

Johnny_Whistle

Mood: the voices

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 05:29 PM

I wonder how the rednecks reconcile this "Soooooooooocialiiiiiiiiist ageeeeeeeeeendaaaaaaaaaaaa" with the fact that it's being presented by Keith Urban?

On the other hand, apparently living in a trash can doesn't draw enough attention to the homeless and hunger problem in America.

http://www.facebook.com/johncurtinmusic

"Making people laugh is the lowest form of comedy"
-Michael O'Donnohue
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 07:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DaveMoral  
Ever notice how Yahoo! News article comment sections are full of right wing asshole spouting their bullshit? Mean spirited shit too.

To be expected from a site that highlights such "news" stories as Do Animals Really Smile? and Holmes' Frumpy Overalls. Not to say they don't provide real news, but it seems like you have to wade through an enormous amount of bullshit at times.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 10:34 PM

Personally I think it's indicative of how un-cutting edge Yahoo! has become. No one but me and a whole lot of right wing, racist assholes use Yahoo! anymore.

Also, poor hungry muppets. I think this is Sesame Street trying to get back to what the show was when it first began in the 70s... it was set in the ghetto/barrios of NYC. It doesn't seem very ghetto anymore. Plus, it's all about the Elmo and that pink fairy muppet these days. They hardly do anything on Sesame Street anymore. 2/3 of every show is claymation Burt & Ernie, CGI fairy muppets and Elmo.

Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-4-2011 at 11:19 PM

wow.....there's some pretty bad ones on this article. One cunt made some comment about people who spend food stamps at McDonalds.....as someone who's had food stamps before, I know you can only spend them on uncooked food items.

record collectors are pretentious assholes
Johnny_Whistle

Mood: the voices

[*] posted on 10-5-2011 at 11:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Colin  
wow.....there's some pretty bad ones on this article. One cunt made some comment about people who spend food stamps at McDonalds.....as someone who's had food stamps before, I know you can only spend them on uncooked food items.

I used to work in talk radio, and I'd constantly hear these stories about people paying for their groceries with food stamps and then driving off in a Mercedes or some such bullshit. Or someone was incensed that they saw someone buying steak or seafood with food stamps. My standard response was, "Oh, so good quality food is only for the upper classes? If they were buying generic Mac & Cheese and cocoa puffs, you'd be getting on them for letting their kids eat crap, so go buy yourself a steak and worry about the choices YOU make in life." But no, I'M the one engaging in class warfare.

http://www.facebook.com/johncurtinmusic

"Making people laugh is the lowest form of comedy"
-Michael O'Donnohue
Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-5-2011 at 11:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Whistle  
Quote: Originally posted by Colin  

I used to work in talk radio, and I'd constantly hear these stories about people paying for their groceries with food stamps and then driving off in a Mercedes or some such bullshit. Or someone was incensed that they saw someone buying steak or seafood with food stamps. My standard response was, "Oh, so good quality food is only for the upper classes? If they were buying generic Mac & Cheese and cocoa puffs, you'd be getting on them for letting their kids eat crap, so go buy yourself a steak and worry about the choices YOU make in life." But no, I'M the one engaging in class warfare.
had a friend who ate sushi on foodstamps

record collectors are pretentious assholes
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 10-5-2011 at 03:10 PM

Oscar has been living the poor life forever, why not just emphasize that. Dude lives in a fucking garbage can. Maybe he's too grouchy.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-5-2011 at 06:52 PM

Oscar, and all Grouches, are like gutter punx. They do it by choice.

Go To Top