Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: GET SOME FUCKING MANNERS
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-7-2005 at 12:43 AM
GET SOME FUCKING MANNERS

Maybe I'm old fashioned. Maybe I'm just a bitch. Either way, I'm having a harder and harder time dealing with the GP (general public), and I really don't think it's my fault. My wife and I were out at a reasonably nice restaurant tonight, and at every other table in the place, someone was doing something that was driving me crazy.

Here are three simple suggestions that I believe will bring some civility back to our overly selfish society:

1. Take off your crooked mesh baseball hat when you're indoors.
2. Do not talk on your cell phone while in a restaurant.
3. Use your "indoor voice" whenever you are, in fact, indoors.

I mean really, is it that hard? Are manners just completely out the fucking window anymore?

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-7-2005 at 12:48 AM

I should have known it was going to be that kind of day. This morning I got into a shouting match with a 70 year old man in a cafe. Good thing I wasn't listening to Starkweather.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-7-2005 at 11:07 AM

right with you on that stuff there duane
i was in camden at the aquarium yesterday with my son. that are is a plethora of bad manners.
and not to stereotype, but every black person i pass in the car on the way to work is on the damn phone...what is there to talk about all the fuckin time?
i hate it when people are on the phone in line at a store, and when it is time to pay they're just talking away oblivious to all around them.
i hate the cell phone, but have one anyway.
oh, and the drivers i encounter in and around philly are by far the worst anywhere...no wonder the insurance premiums are through the roof here.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-7-2005 at 11:08 AM

i also hate the big assed bucket iverson looking hats with a flat brim cocked to the side. they'd make a nice toilet
SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

Mood: madball

[*] posted on 7-7-2005 at 12:27 PM

bad manners are such a pet peeve. i hate when people sneeze and i say bless you, and they don't say thank you. i also don't like when i meet someone and they don't shake my hand, or they do, but their hand is limp. last example i can think of, i hate when i stay with people and their hospitality is lacking and/or nonexistant. when guests are in my home, they get treated good.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 7-7-2005 at 12:33 PM

People with bad manners need a beating to show them the error of their ways. Seriously.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-7-2005 at 01:35 PM

it pisses me off when i hold a door for someone at say wawa and no thanks,
red light runners
BL

Mood: PEOPLE TYPING

[*] posted on 7-7-2005 at 06:57 PM

I HATE WHEN I SEE BITCHES AND BASTARDS IN THE STREETS MAKIN OUT... I MEAN, COME ON! ITS DIFFERENT WHEN YOU SEE TWO KIDS, JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE JUST GETTING INTO SHIT LIKE THAT. I JUST HATE WHEN I SEE ADULTS DOING THAT KIND OF SHIT, THEY SHOULD KNOW BETTER. OR WHEN YOU SEE TWO DUDES KISSING AND SHIT ON THE STREETS, THATS JUST STR8 UP GAY MOTHERFUCKERS... TOO BAD CHARLES BRONSON NEVER FUCKED ANYONE UP ABOUT BAD MANNERS, THAT WOULD BE PRETTY COOL!

CHEERS
BL
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-7-2005 at 07:43 PM

two dudes kissing? gay? nah!!!

I try to have good manners wherever I go. Im probably the nicest person in NYC. I even give money to homeless people!
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 7-7-2005 at 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by moron
two dudes kissing? gay? nah!!!

I try to have good manners wherever I go. Im probably the nicest person in NYC. I even give money to homeless people!

as long as you're not givin any money to those moochin war widows ;)

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-7-2005 at 08:09 PM

there was this dude in 69th street terminal for years by the booths for the el. always sayin he lost his bus pass, bummin change...dumbasses still gave him $$$..one night i was going ito the dive bar across the street to get 40s and this clown is walkin out and is like "yo yo yo my man" ...my buddy is like " hey lemme guess, you losy your bus pass?"...he was like "aw shit you got me"...fuckin ass
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-8-2005 at 02:01 AM

oh yeah, i'm always sure to offer a resounding "you're welcome" to the people that don't say thank you for holding te door.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-8-2005 at 04:17 PM

all this started happening when parents started giving their kids time outs instead of karate chopping them in the throat.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-8-2005 at 07:13 PM

my pop didn't know karate but could easily hit me from across the room with a shoe...
KyleOz
* CHOPS OF DOOM *

Mood: Social Distortion

[*] posted on 7-8-2005 at 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
all this started happening when parents started giving their kids time outs instead of karate chopping them in the throat.

Sometimes I look back and thank my dad I didn't get timeouts. I deserved most of the thrashings I got.

Also this fucking bum at one of the parks I clean up every year bugs our workers about wanting a pick stick to volunuteer for a church. Last time I checked he stole from the donation basket and a coworker was there to see it. Guy is fucking clueless.

Also people who bump into you and don't make an effort to avoid you even though you did for them. Fucking nimrods.

angus yeoman: what are cats supposed to do? distract you from the fact that you\'re distracted by everything else?

http://www.myspace.com/kyleoz
SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-9-2005 at 12:35 AM

it's weird, i was a really well behaved child. i don't ever remember getting time outs or being spanked, anything. i remember one time, my parents told me they were going to "Get the belt" but nothing happened haha

Todd

[*] posted on 7-9-2005 at 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent

It's 1:54 in the fucking morning and I almost exploded when I saw this. Jason, you are magnificent. Absolutely priceless.

Killthehumans

Mood: simon and garfunkal

[*] posted on 7-10-2005 at 12:08 AM

yar, i can defintly agree to not talking on cell phones indoors

just take a look at the papers
your leaders
they\'re killers
they\'re liars
what they do in your
name to make the bodies pile higher
the murders, the terror
they\'ve done it forever
as we sit band and smile
at the script they sell us
but now the victims, they\'re rising
their numbers\'s multiplying
they want their revenge for the years
that they\'ve been dying
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-10-2005 at 10:06 PM

for the record i would sooner shoot myself in the face then lay a hand on any of my kids

you come at the king....you best not miss
RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 7-10-2005 at 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBadVibes
for the record i would sooner shoot myself in the face then lay a hand on any of my kids

Dude, i hear what your saying. My dad used to beat the hell outta me when i was a kid.... it didn't teach me NOT to do bad shit ...it taught me how to do it better without getting caught.

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-10-2005 at 11:06 PM

my kid is turning out great and i havent ever done half of the terrible backwards crap my parents pulled on me and my brother....something was terribly wrong with that last generation , something like not seeing what their parents did was wrong...but there is something terribly wrong out there with the younger peoplew, i dont know where to start on that one

ok back to bad manners, i hate driving through the city and encountering some ass hole stopped in traffic with his blinkers on or maybe not on blocking the flow, to the point where i have to drive around them into the oposing lane of traffic ( lets say spruce street somewhere between 63rd and 40th st in west philly) and when you get around them, you see there are plenty of places to park the peice of shit so it is out of the way ...its just that they are too fucking inconsiderate and or lazy to do so!
Ungodly

Mood: Useless office speech

[*] posted on 7-11-2005 at 12:10 PM

OH WORD. Manners are definitely deteriorating. I won't get into driving b/c I live in Boston and that's a separate, 10-page thread.

Simple little things like not letting a door slam in the face of someone behind you or making introductions when you are with friends who don't know each other. It's not about doing these things because of a prescriptive obligation, but because it shows you aren't walking around in your own little bubble of self-absorption. And for every person who is blatantly rude because they are "too cool," I know at least one person who is adored by everyone because they are kind and polite.

John Kenneth Galbraith had theorized that as the economy grew and grew, people would have more wealth and free time and feel more at ease and thus be increasingly kind and generous to each other. He came out not long ago and acknowleged that that isn't happening.

Anyone see Nanny 911 at all? I don't have the patience or time to watch it a lot, but I saw the first one becuase I was curious about why some kids act the way they do lately. In that episode, at least, it was pretty obvious- the dad acted more immaturely than the kids and the parents showed no respect for one another.

Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.

www.myspace.com/metal_mary
Ungodly

Mood: Useless office speech

[*] posted on 7-11-2005 at 12:20 PM

Awesome, just as I was typing that the CEO's daughter, whom I have never met and uncannily has the same nepotism-dependent, vacant homeliness as Tori Spelling, busted right in here and asked me "Where my mom" is and was the biggest snot about it and did not say thank you.

I'm an editor, not a concierge, ho.

Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.

www.myspace.com/metal_mary
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-11-2005 at 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ungodly
Awesome, just as I was typing that the CEO's daughter, whom I have never met and uncannily has the same nepotism-dependent, vacant homeliness as Tori Spelling, busted right in here and asked me "Where my mom" is and was the biggest snot about it and did not say thank you.

I'm an editor, not a concierge, ho.

hahaha... that's awesome.

SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-11-2005 at 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ungodly

making introductions when you are with friends who don't know each other

YES, people not doing this annoys me on a daily basis

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top