Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Chasing the Ghost
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 10:09 AM
Chasing the Ghost

Hey. If you kids want to hear any of the tunes off the new Ducky Boys' album then you can hit this link:

http://duckyboys.bandcamp.com/

Our regular site of www.duckyboys.com should point there too but I'm not sure if works for everyone yet as I just made the update.

MattyA

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 01:14 PM

Good stuff, looking forward to seeing you guys again at the Bosstones show!
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 05:19 PM

I am LOVING the way "You sing the chorus" came out, especially the rough gang vocals on the chorus instead of Doug doing a melodic back-up... keeps the feel of a live sing-a-long with the audience on a polished studio recording,which seemed to be part of the intent of the song.

Do the vinyl/CD pre-order prices include shipping? If not, any idea what the extra cost is? I fought the urge to do the digital pre-order earlier to find out.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 05:33 PM

I've been getting advice from Chris Wrenn at Bridge 9 about vinyl shipping costs and vendors for the shipping material etc. It does turn out to be $5.50 for shipping in the US. Shipping outside of the US is about $2 - $4 more. And it comes with a digital download card. Or it will. So vinyl ends up being an expensive investment on both the part of the band and the buyer but some people really want it so we didn't want to pass on that opportunity to give people what they want. :) If Andy and Duane want to press Three Chords and The War Back Home on vinyl then I'd be into talking to them about that!

We worked with a different series of producers this time out so there is some difference in the backing vocals because of it. There are some songs where it is just me and Doug but there are so many backing vocal tracks that it feels like there's a lot more than just 2 people. But for "New Chapter", "You Sing the Chorus" and a couple of other tracks we had The Gaggle of Assholes Choir come down and sing. That was me, Steve Neary of Far From Finished, 4/5 of Cradle to the Grave, one of the Adwutz and 3/4 of Morgan Knockers. I think getting 2 females in there also helped fill out the sound.

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 05:54 PM

Maybe I should ask something else, since that's my real intent. Does it help you with recording costs if someone buys the CD or vinyl at a slightly higher price, or is the extra cost just covering the cost of the pressing without helping defray your expenses? Much as I love the US Postal Service and know they're in financial trouble, I'm not sure I want to pay twice as much for the album to keep them afloat financially.

The gang vocals comment is from me watching the youtube video of you doing the acoustic version and giving the back story, especially the "Whoa's Oh's and Go-go-go's" part. I prefer the melodic stuff, but the gang vocals fit the meaning really well on this song. I can see it making a nice video, like the Welch Boys' "Les Paul" video, but with the chorus making more sense when a group of people is shown screaming along... in their case, the vocals sound like it is just the singer, guitar player, and bass player, but a ton of people are shown singing, while you would have it on the audio and video sounding like an audience back-up... Welch Boys video herein case I seem to be rambling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybM0yklj1to

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 06:35 PM

The mark-up on the CD is higher. It costs more to press vinyl than it does to make CD's but they sell for a comparative price. So CD or digital purchase puts the most ROI in the band's pocket. Digital sales go directly back toward recouping recording cost since there is no physical product to speak of. That's what sucks so much about filing sharing...... those are the gravy sales that would make ends meet.

panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 10-9-2011 at 07:02 AM

awesome songs. ordered the vinyl immidiately. canīt wait to hear the whole album.
You Sing the Chorus is a goddamn hit.

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-9-2011 at 10:43 AM

Thanks, dude!! There were other ones I would have preferred to post that I think are better but we had to be objective about it. I think that song casts a pretty wide net.

Spoiler
Posting Freak

Mood: All that scene philosophy never meant a goddamned thing to me

[*] posted on 10-10-2011 at 10:11 AM

These songs are great.... defiantly the best stuff I've heard from you guys since "Three chords and the truth".... and I LOVE that album. Can't wait to hear more.

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-10-2011 at 10:17 AM

Checked out the 3 tracks quickly and they sound GREAT! Not going to really listen to them much since I just want to what for the album as a whole.

Go To Top