Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Insult to Injury...
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-21-2011 at 06:41 AM
Insult to Injury...

I know three people on this board probably care, but just heard this morning the phoenix rises from the ashes...again. The two original guys are on the prowl, so we'll see what materializes. SO stoked.

Here's Hostile Behavior for the affordable price of free w/ a cool write up:

http://schizophrenicmelodies.wordpress.com/2010/03/04/insult...

mattybar

[*] posted on 10-21-2011 at 07:47 AM

That's great news.
Realm of Indifference is one of the most underrated albums in the last ten years and I fucking loved the tracks on the MWHC split.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 10-21-2011 at 09:45 AM

Not a style I usually enjoy, but Realm of Indifference does have some great tracks on it.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-21-2011 at 09:55 AM

I have a feeling this new stuff is going to be more in the vein of the early stuff like "backlash"
mattybar

[*] posted on 10-21-2011 at 10:03 AM

jason, is there any live footage of ITI around?
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-21-2011 at 10:18 AM

I have some stuff on VHS. One set from a garage party in '93 when they were still called Critical Beatdown and one from a bar show they played w/ H8INC...maybe '03ish? I don't know if you ever got that Decade of Dysfunction CDR discography CD I was burning, but all the live stuff at the end was from the '93 show.

They've never had too media friendly of of a following so even pictures are few and far between.

I really wish someone would have recorded one of their practices when they were writing those songs for Realm of Indifference...that was before the drummer from the CD left (who is now since passed) and those songs never sounded quite right live w/o him. Those basement practices were amazing.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 10-21-2011 at 04:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent  
I have a feeling this new stuff is going to be more in the vein of the early stuff like "backlash"

Realm... is the only thing I've ever heard from them. I grabbed it one of the times I was ordering from you just to check it out. How much stuff have they released?

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
mattybar

[*] posted on 10-21-2011 at 08:29 PM

I don't know if you ever got that Decade of Dysfunction CDR discography CD I was burning, but all the live stuff at the end was from the '93 show.

yeah i got that discography cd and still chuck it on from time to time

i'd never heard of them before Realm..
definitely keen to hear something new whatever they come up with

that band The Injured had some decent stuff I had a few mp3s off the myspace page i think
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-21-2011 at 10:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Discipline  

Realm... is the only thing I've ever heard from them. I grabbed it one of the times I was ordering from you just to check it out. How much stuff have they released?

ok...

Tim(vocals) and Chris (bass, then guitar) were in a band called
Audacity. They released a 7 or 8 song demo in '91.

They then w/ some different members changed to the band Critical Beatdown, that recorded some comp tracks and a split 7.

They then changed their name to Insult to Injury because a hip hop group had the rights to CB. They recorded more splits and the Hostile Behavior 7", which is a criminally underrated and essential hardcore 7" (download linked in the blog post linked above) in the vein of fast 80's/DRI style HC.

After that they were on and off again w/ various lineups around Tim and Chris. They then split up and reformed during the Realm of Indifference era, recorded that and some comp tracks.

Chris left the band and the remaining members recorded the 4 songs for the MWHC split. Mike "no limits" Lopez the other guitar player formed the Injured after that lineup threw in the towel. He's now singing in a band called Shithammer.

Tim and Chris are now reforming w/ 2 different guys on bass and drums as far as I can know at the moment and are saying it's going to be more stripped down spead freak style like the old stuff and less Realm of Indifference.

Audacity, Critical Beatdown and 90% of I2I prior to realm sounds pretty much like that Hostile Behavior 7" so if you like that you'd love all the other old stuff.

I have a 51 song burned CD type discography CD that someday I need to upload somewhere that has everything pre-Realm on it.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 10-22-2011 at 08:00 PM

Pass the word if you get around to uploading it. I wouldn't mind checking it out. I'm going to download the 7" now.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-21-2014 at 08:50 AM

So when I posted this it was just talk and not much else...in true Chicago time lapse this is actually happening...2 years later

Three of the guys from the Realm of Indifference lineup...Tim (v), Chris (g) and Mike (g) are playing with some other guys from Chicago area bands like the Cenobites...playing mostly Hostile Behavior era stuff.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-21-2014 at 09:28 AM

haho I have or had this record with Critical Beatdown on it.
it was a good track.

it was the CS Hardcore Sampler or something.

Los crudos was also on it.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-21-2014 at 10:27 AM

yeah Crudos, Mob Action and a couple others. Had Whats to Come and C.H.A. on it. That was RIGHT before they changed the name.
mattybar

[*] posted on 1-22-2014 at 01:41 PM

Great news.
Hope they record some new stuff.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-29-2014 at 07:42 AM

Set list for tonight...all OLD classics. Nothing of Realm of Indifference (not counting songs they re-recorded for it), plus one new one at the end.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-30-2014 at 03:39 PM

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-30-2014 at 03:47 PM

Four songs into the set some dippy broad tripped over the guitar player on the rights amp chord jerking it out of the back while trying to get to the bathroom.

So while they were fixing it...some stupid crusty was starting shit with this guy we know...it got squashed...but when the band finally got things back up the crusty threw a beer can and it hit Tim (singer) who was uncharacteristically diplomatic about it. Before anyone knew what happened though, Insults other guitar player flipped out...dropped his guitar and did a flying mortal combat Jax style punch and cracked the crusty.

20 people run over trying to separate it and when it got broke up he was pissed off and packed up his guitar while the rest of the band played a few more songs...one of which a new one 'Revelry in Disaster'...appropriate.

Perfect comeback.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 3-30-2014 at 07:50 PM

Sounds like fun show. Wonder if it's on YouTube yet.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-31-2014 at 05:41 AM

That's where that last YouTube vid is from. Only got the first 5 songs though.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-31-2014 at 09:37 PM

all the Insult to Injury, Critical Beatdown and Audacity stuff is in my dropbox if anyone wants it. itll be there for a couple days.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/65tsbax5ttg1n9c/Uf_d8xvuqD?n=1391...
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-1-2014 at 09:05 PM

Four songs into the set some dippy broad tripped over the guitar player on the rights amp chord jerking it out of the back while trying to get to the bathroom.

So while they were fixing it...some stupid crusty was starting shit with this guy we know...it got squashed...but when the band finally got things back up the crusty threw a beer can and it hit Tim (singer) who was uncharacteristically diplomatic about it. Before anyone knew what happened though, Insults other guitar player flipped out...dropped his guitar and did a flying mortal combat Jax style punch and cracked the crusty.

20 people run over trying to separate it and when it got broke up he was pissed off and packed up his guitar while the rest of the band played a few more songs...one of which a new one 'Revelry in Disaster'...appropriate.

Perfect comeback.

Holy shit, that's an amazing story!

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 4-2-2014 at 10:53 AM

all the Insult to Injury, Critical Beatdown and Audacity stuff is in my dropbox if anyone wants it. itll be there for a couple days.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/65tsbax5ttg1n9c/Uf_d8xvuqD?n=1391...

Awesome. Thanks!

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-2-2014 at 11:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DaveMoral  

Perfect comeback.

Holy shit, that's an amazing story!

On one hand it really sucked because I wanted to see them play a full set, not to mention the reason the band never seems to maintain any forward momentum is because of this type of mayhem and constant derailment...but on the other hand I was grinning ear to ear while it was happening because it did feel good to see some things never change.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-6-2014 at 05:08 PM

Go To Top