Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Got laid off
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 11-9-2011 at 09:03 PM
Got laid off

Don't know what to say. Kind of numb.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-9-2011 at 09:05 PM

sucks.
why?
from which job?

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 11-9-2011 at 09:06 PM

Hospital.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
MattyA

[*] posted on 11-9-2011 at 09:08 PM

Sorry to hear that, suck's a lot. File for unemployment immediately. it will take a while for your claim to go through.
I was laid off for over a year until recently, off and on for over three years. Sucks but you will make it through.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 11-9-2011 at 09:13 PM

What is the amount you get for unemployment? Is it a percentage of what you made? What percentage is it if that the case?

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 11-9-2011 at 09:47 PM

Sucks dude. Hope you find something quick.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 11-9-2011 at 09:55 PM

Shit shit shit. Clevo so sorry.
MattyA

[*] posted on 11-9-2011 at 11:30 PM

Yeah it's a certain percentage. not sure what though. Should be enough to help you get by, but like I said do it as soon as possible. Around here it takes a long time before you see your first check, my brother waited like 8 weeks for his first checks. They sent him the 8 weeks worth of checks one day, so he went from having nothing to having a couple thousand because unemployment is so backed up.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-10-2011 at 12:19 AM

Your unemployment is some percentage... and for some people it is quite high. I know a guy that was laid off from Pella Windows recently and his unemployment is pretty close to his base pay minus commissions.

Sorry to hear about this bad news Clevo. Just goes to show, shit's still tough all around. Someone needs get off their asses and do some hard work to improve this economy. The unbelievable, well not unbelievable I guess, thing to me is that Congress will sit around twiddling their thumbs and arguing over some petty bullshit and the Republicans will be roadblocks to any ideas but their own just so they can jockey for political position. And that's the fucking problem right there. Not only are these assholes in bed with corporations and big money generally, jerrymandering districts and stacking the law in favor of the super rich, but they are also only in shit for partisan and personal power reasons. They couldn't give two shits about the working class, the poor and the shrinking middle class.

We have been hearing a whole hell of a lot about the divide between rich and poor in the Occupy Movement stuff, but a new twist on that is the wealth gap between the elder generation and the young. As is only natural, the older Boomer and retired generations have more wealth than the Gen X and younger as is usual given that they are older and have had more time to accumulate wealth and assets. Here's the fucking kicker.... that age bracket since 1984 has increased their wealth by 42% today while the 20- and 30-somethings have had their wealth decreased by 69% since 1984. How's that for a kick in the fucking balls?

DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-10-2011 at 12:31 AM

Sorry to hear that.
morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 11-10-2011 at 01:28 AM

Sorry ro hear man.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 11-10-2011 at 02:02 AM

Here's the fucking kicker.... that age bracket since 1984 has increased their wealth by 42% today while the 20- and 30-somethings have had their wealth decreased by 69% since 1984. How's that for a kick in the fucking balls?

^^^ I was just talking about that 2 days ago. It's fucking pitiful how much everything costs and the wages have either stayed the same or in many cases decreased. Forget saving anything. I have never saved a fucking dime since I was 19. The moment credit cards and college became a factor. Any time I have extra cash I use it to pay my debts. I have never been able to save. i have lived 35 of my years and only have a mountain of debt to show with no chance of landing a good job to pay it off. IN the 50's, 60's 70's and 80's. Jobs could be had to support a family, but now, it's damn near impossible.

Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-10-2011 at 05:23 AM

sorry to hear this...you sound like someone people wanna hire, so I'me sure you'll find something good

record collectors are pretentious assholes
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-10-2011 at 07:06 AM

sorry to hear bud.
but i know you'll bounce back, cuz it's what you do
make the most of your down time.
try and enjoy some rest while looking for work.
if you can make some off the books cash do that too.
you'll come back stronger. believe it.
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 11-10-2011 at 07:23 AM

That sucks man :thumbdown:

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
lifeisabitch
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-10-2011 at 01:16 PM

you'll find something better
some jobs are just stepping stones
it may not seem like it now but things will get better

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-10-2011 at 07:12 PM

Sucks. Sorry to hear, Clevo. Do you have another job? I thought you were a cop now, but maybe I'm wrong. Or maybe this is a second job???

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 11-10-2011 at 10:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by random  
Sucks. Sorry to hear, Clevo. Do you have another job? I thought you were a cop now, but maybe I'm wrong. Or maybe this is a second job???

^^^^^ I was. Laid off, but had the hospital to fall back on. Now I'm laid off from hospital. This is fucking crazy. At the Police Department I once worked for, we had 5 officers who were able to retire. In fact 1 over 60 and 2 of them very near it. After 30 years you would think they would pass the torch and allow for the new blood to happen. Na, these old fucks want to the cake, eat it and ask for seconds while the next generations beg.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-13-2011 at 02:36 PM

^I think that's a result of the Boomers being kind of the original "me" generation. At one and the same time they want benefits and don't want the rest of us to get them. Kind of interesting isn't it?

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 11-13-2011 at 08:32 PM

Not interesting, more like makes ya mad. Many of them are the first to point out your unemployed. As if we have a choice in the matter.

Dave
Posting Freak

Mood: .......

[*] posted on 11-14-2011 at 08:41 AM

Shitty deal....

Go To Top