Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: PLEASE HELP OUT YURY (FALL BRAWL)
3rdDistrict

[*] posted on 11-14-2011 at 09:16 AM
PLEASE HELP OUT YURY (FALL BRAWL)

Yury Sanchez has been a part of the Baltimore Hardcore community for nearly 20 years and has been going to shows and supporting his brothers in Next Step Up and Stout by being a roadie and helping out at shows. On November 5, 2011, Yury was working security at the annual Fall Brawl show at the Ottobar Club in Baltimore. Yury was working security in front of the stage during Stout's set when a stage diving fan landed on him. Yury's neck was injured in the fall and he had to be rushed to Maryland Shock Trauma Hospital. Yury could not move from the neck down. He had to have emergency surgery on his neck and had a steel rod inserted to relieve pressure on his spine. Since the surgery, Yury has been making incredible progress and with the proper amount of therapy, he may make a full recovery. He is slowly regaining the ability to move his arms and one of his legs. Yury will require a lot of physical therapy when he gets out of Shock Trauma unit.

Unfortunately, Yury has no health insurance and when his boss at work found out that he was not going to be able to work, he got fired. Yury is a single father raising a beautiful young daughter named Victoria who is like a daughter to many of the people in the Baltimore hardcore community. His friends and family are raising money to cover Yury's living costs and keep a roof over his daughter's head and food on the table. They will be doing benefit shows, having charity auctions, art shows, and many other fund raising events. Anything anyone in the hardcore community can do to help out would be greatly appreciated. In this world, many of us don't have much, but we do have each other! We can pull together as a world wide hardcore community to help out one of our own when in times of need.

Here is a bit of background text for you and here is a link to the page he has set up at the hospital where you can get more information and updates on his condition:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/yurysanchez/mystory

The HHF is raising money for him. If you would like to help him with a donation please go to the following link and write in your donation an priority note "Yury Sanchez" Anything is welcome! Benefit shirts are also coming:

http://www.hardcore-help.com

you can also Paypal myself (danny) for an immediate donation to Yury. Go to Paypal.com and send to 'danny@3rddistrictbooking.com' We should have an official address up soon, but feel free to use this now. Every dollar counts.

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-14-2011 at 11:13 AM

What happened?

3rdDistrict

[*] posted on 11-14-2011 at 11:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mark Lind  
What happened?

On November 5, 2011, Yury was working security at the annual Fall Brawl show at the Ottobar Club in Baltimore. Yury was working security in front of the stage during Stout's set when a stage diving fan landed on him. Yury's neck was injured in the fall and he had to be rushed to Maryland Shock Trauma Hospital. Yury could not move from the neck down. He had to have emergency surgery on his neck and had a steel rod inserted to relieve pressure on his spine. Since the surgery, Yury has been making incredible progress and with the proper amount of therapy, he may make a full recovery. He is slowly regaining the ability to move his arms and one of his legs. Yury will require a lot of physical therapy when he gets out of Shock Trauma unit.

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-14-2011 at 11:43 AM

Does he work for Ottobar or was he volunteering? Seems like worker's comp if he worked for Ottobar, since he got injured on the job.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
3rdDistrict

[*] posted on 11-14-2011 at 11:59 AM

nope, he was a part of my security crew and was helping on a volunteer basis

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-14-2011 at 02:45 PM

ug, that sucks.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-14-2011 at 03:49 PM

Did you sign a contract with the club? I was in this situation once. It was uglyyyyyy to say the least.

3rdDistrict

[*] posted on 11-15-2011 at 08:15 AM

nope.
my name is on nothing.

but i am helping with fundraising. any money is appreciated!

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-16-2011 at 10:49 AM

are there any benefit shows being planned?
or auction / fund raising events?
sounds like a (baltimore pit) beef & beer is in order.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
3rdDistrict

[*] posted on 11-16-2011 at 03:13 PM

yes!
shows being planned
3 art shows are in play
i will also be 'jaring' every show i can...

i think we're going to do a raffle at the show too, if any bands/labels/people want to donate. hit me up (duane, cough cough)

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-16-2011 at 03:42 PM

we donl;t have 'rare' items, but we can come up with something.
lemme know as we get closer.

and seriously...beef and beer.
let's fire up some winter bbq!
i love food oriented fund raisers!

Go To Top