Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: yo......Coffee heads
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-9-2011 at 09:57 PM

There is no question Keurig is a tool of convenience and the coffee lazy....
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 12-9-2011 at 11:48 PM

I've noticed that a couple of the Keurig coffee brands do suck a bit. I stick with the STARBUCKS, CARIBOU COFFEE brand. It is the closest I've been able to get at home with a high temp machine. It is not the same as straight from CARIBOU, but it is very close. It would be great if they could get these machines to brew at a higher water temp.

No question that the bean and roast makes a huge difference. The GREEN MOUNTAIN, TULLY'S and DONUT SHOP label/brand coffee all sucked I thought. Now I only had certain styles of roasts from them and not every single one. However, I was way turned off by what I tried. Especially the GREEN MOUNTAIN dark roast.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 12-10-2011 at 12:00 AM

Our CUISINART machine took a shit over a year ago and we finally replaced it with the Keurig. Cuisinart would do nothing to fix our machine. Ya, I was trying to get them to stand behind a product that was over $129 back in 2004 when I bought it. It took a shit in summer 2010. I was pissed. I figured they would have sold me a part to replace it myself or a place I could send it to have it fixed. They absolutely have no one who fixes the machines for customers. Cuisinart suck.

The same machine is at Sears right now for $99.00

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-10-2011 at 08:51 AM

My work had a bunch of green mountain stuff and it all tasted like weak piss put thru the machine but fine thru the french press. Even when I used the strongest / lowest water setting. I don't think I am one that likes an extreme strength to my coffee, but I want to taste it. I would say their machine was fucked, but I have found all of them that I have encountered to be weak.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-10-2011 at 09:03 AM

No idea why you're getting that much of a difference...I know the Green Mountain flavors generally suck because it's a weak generic brand but to have a huge taste difference between the Keurig and the press is beyond me.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-10-2011 at 10:19 AM

I typically pick up coffee at Trader Joe's and it is always tasty.
i hardly ever buy coffee take out
morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 12-10-2011 at 09:16 PM

If I'm at my house I strictly use a french press. Yeah it takes longer and is more involved but I prefer it. Could be all in my head but the coffee just seems stouter and to have more flavor.

I had a roommate who had a keurig, I dont remember remember what flavors I had but I never cared for any of them.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top