Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Original (and I mean ORIGINAL) line up of BREAKDOWN playing again
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-30-2012 at 10:44 PM
Original (and I mean ORIGINAL) line up of BREAKDOWN playing again

http://www.facebook.com/pages/BreakdownNYHC/112638205458047

Breakdown – The original 1987 demo lineup regroups to take care of some unfinished business!

Twenty-five years ago a group dedicated hardcore kids who had met at a local record store decided to get together in a Yonkers garage and write their own original songs. Combining their favorite influences they came up with a unique style that was all their own, and often imitated – up until this very day.

One half of the band continued on as Breakdown, and the other half started Raw Deal who later became Killing Time –recording yet another classic demo tape. Both bands went on to release several classic CDs and toured worldwide.

After two and a half decades and participation in many other successful bands (including Slumlords, Maximum Penalty, Electric Frankenstein and more…) these five original members (Jeff Perlin – vocals, Carl Porcaro – guitar, Rich McLoughlin – bass, Anthony Drago – drums, Don Angellili – guitar) have decided to regroup to hit the stage again and perform the original demo songs along with various other Breakdown songs from the late eighties (including songs recorded for the New York Hardcore – Where the Wilds Things Are/Blackout Records & The New Breed Compilation/Wardance Records). This rejuvenated Breakdown lineup also plans to record and release new material (targeting a 2012 release)!!!

Jeff Perlin says: “The timing is just perfect. We reconnected and when the idea of reforming, writing new material and touring came up we all jumped at the opportunity! I think we all agree that we could have done so much more with this classic lineup. We have chemistry; we all just work so well together. These guys can really pump out some great songs, as evidenced by their work in Killing Time and all of the other projects they’ve worked on over the years. Now we will get to see what would have happened if we’d stuck together way back when. Only now we have years of experience under our belts – we will be tighter than ever. I have loads of lyrics I’ve been waiting to use when the right opportunity came along. We’re all really excited and can’t wait to release new material, play shows, and just hang out together and have fun again.”

Look for Breakdown to playing a show near you in 2012. And keep your eyes out for their upcoming release – the first output from this original lineup in exactly 25 years!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
sentrand
Posting Freak

Mood: hate riot 513,sheer terror, yuppicide, joe coffee

[*] posted on 1-30-2012 at 11:13 PM

maybe i will finally be able to see them.

I'm a jerk. All night,I'm seeing Sentrand and thinking "Where do I know that guy from?".
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 1-30-2012 at 11:34 PM

I love Breakdown. It'd be great to see them live.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 1-31-2012 at 12:52 AM

I'm selling the plus/minus cd for $20 on amazon if anyone is interested.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
MikeFromInhuman
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-31-2012 at 02:21 AM

YES!!!!

3rdDistrict

[*] posted on 1-31-2012 at 10:08 AM

jeff said a while ago he was trying to get this together.
i would imagine a big NYC show will def happen.

joey

[*] posted on 1-31-2012 at 11:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MikeFromInhuman  
YES!!!!
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-31-2012 at 03:30 PM

saw them 2 summers ago at the Barbary.
Great time.
Not sure who else was OG besides the singer that night.

Go To Top