Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: The older you get, the less you give a shit...
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-3-2012 at 12:49 PM
The older you get, the less you give a shit...

Anyone else feel like this? I don't mean about the world in general, life, etc. More so the opposite, the small things. Like, I used to be ALL about certain bands and ALL about certain movies / directors. Now I am just kinda "Meh" and like what I like when I like it and onto the next thing.

Maybe it is just that part of me died when LOST ended... ;)

XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 2-3-2012 at 01:03 PM

I'm like that, but I think a lot of it has to do with I dont have any friends that are into (and have time to do) the same stuff I am. Like I really would have liked to go see Motorhead last week, but I dont have anyone to go with that would really enjoy it.

As far as movies go.... I'm just cheap. I want to see some good stuff in the theaters. Like all the super hero movies that came out last year. I didnt see any of them until Netflix. Usually I would have gone to all of them. Now I dont want to pay $10 for a ticket and $5 for a soda... plus I'm tired from getting up at 4:00am to work overtime!

Having a mortgage to pay has made me 'like' some stuff alot less thats for sure! I havent spent any where near as much money on records or other nonsense in the last few months.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
mattybar

[*] posted on 2-3-2012 at 01:22 PM

Other than Sheer Terror last weekend, I find it very hard to get excited about shows these days.
I tend to go more for the social than checking out any bands.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-3-2012 at 06:28 PM

I never go to shows. Period. The last time I went to a show was East Coast Tsunami Fest 2010.

As far as movies, I go to what I can now... but it's always reserved for spectacles like Thor, Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises. I want to go check out Star Wars 3D primarily because I want to take my son to see them on the big screen... something he's never done and might never get to do again. I don't care that they are starting with The Phantom Menace.

Part of me not caring about things has to do with having little expendable income, part of it is just having kids makes me just that much more of a homebody. I mean, I was like that before but I'd go out to stuff... but now I'm like "why the hell would I want to bump into a bunch of sweaty idiots while going deaf" when I could be hanging out with my kids.

I used to collect Star Wars action figures and stuff... now, I never buy that shit. Probably won't until my son is responsible enough to play with them without losing shit and breaking them.

BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-3-2012 at 11:54 PM

I still care a lot, but I think it also has a lot to do with how I make my living. I have to be up on things. Bands, fashion, athletes and so on. I go to concerts, trade shows, meet and do business with artists and brands so I am in it all the time. If it was not for that than I probably would not be as on the ball, but I would still have my nose in thins that I have always enjoyed. That being said 99% of what I do is for work, the rest of the time I try and spend with my family and doing the things I enjoy. I am grateful that I am able to make a living out of combining all the things that I love.

BKT.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-4-2012 at 08:45 AM

I try and stay up to date on the stuff I dig, moreso than most of my friends who shared similar interests at one time.
I don't go to too many shows but that's cuz I am just not into what comes around.
I saw Sheer Terror 2 times within 18 months recently and that pretty much ruled.
My son and I go to the movies then something good is playing.
Anymore, time is the issue.
I have loads of stuff I want to do, and places I want to see.
And remember, you don't get anything done by sleeping till 11:00 on the weekends...

Go To Top