Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: back on track & moving forward....
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 4-10-2012 at 09:50 AM
back on track & moving forward....

So I havent talked about it much because I've done it and failed so many times in the past, but I made a promise to myself that on March 5th I was starting to get healthy. My goal at the time was to lose about 100 pounds. Well, so far I've lost about 35 pounds.

I saw a nutritionist and have been doing what I gotta do and my biggest concern now is that I can keep doing it!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-10-2012 at 10:10 AM

atta boy, honus. that's one hell of a start, but just be sure to take your time. there WILL be plateaus, but stick with it and don't get discouraged!

i lost 50 pounds last year, and hope to lose another 25 this year. i put 10 back on over the winter, so that makes this year's goal 35. it's doable...i just gotta keep pushing it.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 4-10-2012 at 10:28 AM

congrats to you too BD and thanks for the support!

I'm unfortunantly aware of the plateaus, but I think that since I'm doing it more 'the right way' this time even when I hit one I'll have a support system to get past it. I wish I had the stength and willpower to just do it myself, but at this point whatever works is fine by me!

as silly as it might be one of my goals is to get slim enough to be able to legitimatly stage dive at some shows before I'm officially to old to do that!

Quote:
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-13-2012 at 01:20 PM

Good for you Honus.

I've dropped maybe 10-15 pounds since January 1st doing Convict Conditioning and kickboxing. I really want to implement kettlebells into my training but right now I'm afraid it might be a bit too much. Programming rest/recovery into your training is crucial.

That said, food is the key. I haven't done much to alter my diet except trying to take a Warrior Diet approach and basically not eat lunch and save my big meal for dinner. My diet really isn't as bad as it could be though. I read Rip Esselstyn's The Engine 2 Diet to try and find a way to get myself on a more whole foods based vegan diet and after reading that I realized I'm not as far off it as I thought. A few tweaks here and there, and I should be good to go

Anyway, keep up the good work. Post about what you're doing!

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 4-16-2012 at 10:12 AM

well I'm down about 43 pounds now.

I started by going to a nurtirionst and got on a 10 day 'fast' that wasnt really a fast. I was eating yogurt, clear broth, any sugar free drink I wanted, sugar free popsicles and a few other things.

After that I started back slow to 'real food' and its kind of like a trick for your stomach and mind. after that long of not eating all the crap I ate before food doesnt seem as important anymroe. I'm also about 20 days soda free now.

Im eating 1/2 (or smaller) of the portions I ate before. I was one of those biggers loser type people that ate in 'secret' when I was alone. Sometimes I ate on my way to eat because I didnt want to be overly hungry and be embarassed in front of people thinking I ate to much. I would also stop at stores all over the place and just grab a soda and a snack even if I wasnt hungry.

I've been in this situation before, but things are going well so far so hopefully I can keep it up and not fall back hard like in the past.

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 4-16-2012 at 10:12 AM

I'm also using the LOSE IT app for the iPhone that keeps track of calories and stuff.

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-16-2012 at 10:34 AM

man you need to stay broken up with soda!

you exercising at all? burning the calories you are taking in will help keep moving those numbers

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 06:16 PM

Im walking a mile a day about 5 days a week and planning on adding more stuff

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-27-2012 at 10:14 AM

Honus...get a gym membership...walking a mile a day is great and is more exercise than most people probably get in a day...but it's really not a lot of exercise at all.

If you're being this dedicated on the diet side...even a little "real"exercise where you're getting your heart rate up (stationary bike, inclined treadmill, elliptical etc) you're going to start seeing major differences.

Speaking from experience...it takes a lot of motivation to stay on track losing all that weight...the more results you see the more motivated you become and the more results you'll see. Once you start seeing changes in your body like that it's amazing how easy it is to stay disciplined.

I went from 265 to 185 doing weight watchers and generic cardio and aside from gaining a couple pounds here and there, stayed pretty much at 195 for the past 3 years with not a lot of effort. Due to my previous gym kind of sucking I actually joined a lifetime fitness and have been working with a personal trainer. It gets expensive but I just spend my money on that instead of beer lol. Back down at 180 and in the best shape of my life...not just a bag of flabby skin like I was after weight watchers.

You can easily see major results though at any crap gym...some are like 20 a month by me.

Start sweating and you'll be surprised in the results.
Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-27-2012 at 10:57 AM

I did the Dukan protein diet thing & lost 30 lbs in a month & a half, it involves no sugar (had to take a break from fruit during the weight loss part), no booze (I made it one month out of the month & a half) & veggies were every other day, little to no oil, sugar-free drinks & JELLO, fat-free cheese & as much lean beef, chicken, fat free greek yogurt & eggs as I wanted. Once I lost the weight I could pretty much eat normal again, with one day a week for junky-food ("celebration meal") & one day a week of pure protein to keep the weight off. If I start getting back into bad habits I easily gain 10 back, but 2-4 days back eating healthy & I drop it again.

I haven't been working out lately because I'm pretty busy at work, but I'm glad I have a job where I'm constantly moving for sometimes up to 12 hours straight, I couldn't handle a desk job.

Good luck & keep it up!

record collectors are pretentious assholes
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-27-2012 at 11:20 AM

Yeah...I'm at a desk all day so it's imperative I get movement in elsewhere. Pretty sure Honus is planted at one too?
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-27-2012 at 09:29 PM

One thing people don't tend to think of in trying to lose weight, especially fat, is how important strength training is in burning fat. Way better than cardio.

Eat right, get good rest(stress and lack of sleep will only slow your progress), and train your muscles. Muscle burns calories big time, and if you're putting them under stress with weight they will continue to burn calories long after your work out is over. Cardio tends to drop off more quickly after the work out is done.

Go to www.kettlebellburn.com and join the email list. You're get an email every day, usually packed full of good info and inspiration. Hell, I got a book for free this past weekend. http://www.amazon.com/Six-Pack-Abs-365-ebook/dp/B007PRQ5J6/r...

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-27-2012 at 10:47 PM

Yeah, Ive seen a huge difference since starting strength seriously. Not to mention between that and my cardio it's nice having the problem of needing to eat more food to keep me running right instead of some diet or fast and starving myself.
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 6-2-2012 at 12:25 AM

I"m down 53 pounds since November. Still got a bunch to go, probably another 40-45 pounds, but its going well so far!

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

Go To Top