Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: Kirk Cameron
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 4-14-2012 at 07:34 PM

Dude was asked to interview. He accepted. He didn't dance around the issues and answered them with his opinion. If you don't like it, fine, that's yours. Let the man be entitled to his. Can't fault the dude for not wavering to be on television. He didn't condemn anyone to death and his stance on homosexuality is not accepting it. Ask Dave Moral if Muslim faith is accepting of homosexuality? I have a very close friend who's father was a pastor at a United Church of Christ church in our area. In fact he married my wife and I. His congregation is very open to anyone gay and they even have allow clergy that may be gay. Is it right? I have no idea. I wont pass judgement. I think God would be accepting anyone who is truly faithful, but I do personally see the moral ideals of homosexuality as being wrong.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-14-2012 at 09:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by clevohardcore  
Quote: Originally posted by DaveMoral  
Not a Kirk Cameron expert, but some one who understands that today it is acceptable and cool to dislike someone because of a religious belief. Even more super cool to follow someone who claims an anti-religion stance. Not a single one of us are 100% that religion real of fantasy. You may think, but you are not 100% confident. Ya, Slayer is cool, but they don't have your back when your knee deep in guilt and you need.

So ya, I feel the need to defend this dude on his religious freedom because it annoys the piss out of me that you must bend over backwards to accommodate the anti-religious persons, or someone worshiping Buddha or Allah. Fuck you for not respecting someone else point of view.

Since when do people bend over backwards to accommodate my religion dude? Last I checked we are the most maligned religious community in this country. Daily, all over the news. We are the last group it's kosher to use hate speech towards. We are getting the same kind of shit said about us that anti-Semitic Europeans have been saying about Jews for a 1500 years or more.

FYI, "Allah" means "the God" in Arabic. Arabic-speaking Christians and Jews use it and have for centuries before the emergence of Islam.

^^^^^^^ FYI, I quite aware of this, but far be it for me to start referring to God as Allah in the Catholic Church I worship in. Pretty sure things wouldn't be so "kosher". Besides, I have never condemned you for your choice of worship and I see in a previous post your dissing someone else for theirs. Kind of hypocritical bro.

I think Emmanuel Lewis is a Kung Fu expert or something like that. Not sure of his religious faith though.

Who did I diss for their choice of religion?

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 4-14-2012 at 11:32 PM

I think God would be accepting anyone who is truly faithful, but I do personally see the moral ideals of homosexuality as being wrong.

Please explain this for me.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-15-2012 at 09:51 AM

Most often you'll hear the you can't procreate excuse for that logic. In my opinion we need a whole lot less of that, you white people breed bratty kids like rabbits. Can't wait till the recession is over and people can afford condoms again.

I can see someone saying they think it's "gross" or something and having a personal gut opinion, but applying ones own morality to other situations kind of just adds to the already overwhelming hypocrisy and sheep mentality of group worship and organized religion. That whole judge not lest ye be judged thing has always been a tool of convenience.
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-15-2012 at 10:15 AM

I was waiting for Clevo to say he agreed with Kirk. I was wondering why he was defending him so adamantly.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-15-2012 at 10:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Discipline  
I think God would be accepting anyone who is truly faithful, but I do personally see the moral ideals of homosexuality as being wrong.

Please explain this for me.

^^^^^ I personally do not see being gay as a good idea. Last I checked bumping someone in the ass doesn't allow for procreation. I see it as a perversion. I don't understand it. I am not gay. Do I fault others for it? No. I am not in the position and never will be to tell another what to do with there lives. I feel God will forgive this. Being gay and I mean really feeling gay and not some fly by night perverted fling must be tough. It must be difficult and complicated as a child to wrestle with the confusion and resentment some may have with it. As an adult it may bring challenges a straight person will never face.
Who am I to judge others? I'm just a douche bag who lives in Ohio.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-15-2012 at 10:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BKT  
Fuck him. People who think marriage was defined by their imaginary friend in a magic garden don't deserve to have opinions.

BKT.

:rolleyes:

^^^^ I took this as a diss. It was more of a instigation I guess. Not a direct diss. My bad if it wasn't.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-15-2012 at 11:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by moron  
I was waiting for Clevo to say he agreed with Kirk. I was wondering why he was defending him so adamantly.

^^^^ What I agree with is his right to decide how raise his family. It's amazing how many are telling him he is in the wrong. He doesn't feel being gay is good or whatever. So be it. Let Dude be himself.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-15-2012 at 11:14 AM

Look this world is a mess on so many levels. Let someone choose how to worship if it brings them peace. If people start killing in the name of it then they need to stopped. If those in attendance are following a path to enlightenment and not harming one another, go ahead. Holding a prejudice of some form is in every facet of life. One religion disagrees with the other. Anti religious dissagree with them all. Communist dictators try to eliminate it from countries to gain strength. Other countries use it to empower them.

Look, I am not saying you or I are absolutely right. What I am stating is let this person decide how to live. To fault Let him for having faith in God is just wrong.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-15-2012 at 12:58 PM

I am going to choose to opt out of this here conversation as it is only going to make an ass of each other on an otherwise chill message board.......

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-15-2012 at 01:22 PM

Fuck him. People who think marriage was defined by their imaginary friend in a magic garden don't deserve to have opinions.

BKT.

^^^^ I took this as a diss. It was more of a instigation I guess. Not a direct diss. My bad if it wasn't.

I was eye-rolling the notion that anyone who believes in God and takes their definition for marriage from the Holy Book don't deserve to have opinions on the matter. So, apparently, I don't deserve to have an opinion.

IMO, BKT is essentially saying anyone that has an opinion different than his doesn't deserve to have one. That's bullshit to me.

That said, I have yet to figure out just what I will say to my kids when this comes up... but as a Muslim I'm going to be clear that acting on homosexual urges is considered a sin in Islam. A sin as serious as fornication(sex outside marriage) or adultery. Kirk Cameron's religious morals give him that same conviction, and why the hell should he have to defend that to anyone? That said, I doubt Kirk takes it upon himself to treat people as subhuman if he believes their lifestyle or actions are immoral... but if he does, well, fuck him.

Personally, I think government should get the hell out of the business of marriage any way you define it. Marriage has been a religious institution for the better part of 2,000 years in the Western world, agreed upon and done under the auspices of the Church for the length of that time. As a civil union it flows out of that long tradition. As far as I'm concerned let the religious institutions concern themselves with marriage, and as individual bodies they can decide what marriages are and are not acceptable to them. Meanwhile, government can bother themselves with civil unions open to anyone that wants them and all the legal rights currently associated marriage are covered there-in.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 4-15-2012 at 02:01 PM

Differing opinions aside, that response video still rules.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-15-2012 at 02:18 PM

BKT.

I was eye-rolling the notion that anyone who believes in God and takes their definition for marriage from the Holy Book don't deserve to have opinions on the matter. So, apparently, I don't deserve to have an opinion.

IMO, BKT is essentially saying anyone that has an opinion different than his doesn't deserve to have one. That's bullshit to me.

That said, I have yet to figure out just what I will say to my kids when this comes up... but as a Muslim I'm going to be clear that acting on homosexual urges is considered a sin in Islam. A sin as serious as fornication(sex outside marriage) or adultery. Kirk Cameron's religious morals give him that same conviction, and why the hell should he have to defend that to anyone? That said, I doubt Kirk takes it upon himself to treat people as subhuman if he believes their lifestyle or actions are immoral... but if he does, well, fuck him.

Personally, I think government should get the hell out of the business of marriage any way you define it. Marriage has been a religious institution for the better part of 2,000 years in the Western world, agreed upon and done under the auspices of the Church for the length of that time. As a civil union it flows out of that long tradition. As far as I'm concerned let the religious institutions concern themselves with marriage, and as individual bodies they can decide what marriages are and are not acceptable to them. Meanwhile, government can bother themselves with civil unions open to anyone that wants them and all the legal rights currently associated marriage are covered there-in.

^^^^ I'm the jackass that thought you were siding with him on this with that emoticon. My bad.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-15-2012 at 03:17 PM

I blame it on the Jews......
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-15-2012 at 08:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JawnDiablo  

Blame what?

I suppose that follows... I mean, it's the Old Testament, the Tanakh, that is the root of Kirk Cameron's beliefs so you could do that, I suppose.

For real though, this thread is the sort of thing that in mixed company is usually a tinderbox. Kudos to us Thorp Warriors that refuse to let it be one here.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 4-15-2012 at 08:40 PM

Amazing what controvery a guy who's done nothing in the public for something like 20 years can stir up haha.

I support everything clevo said though, who gives a shit. He was asked, he answered his opinion. Everyone has one, our own opinions on a lot of things are just as dumb as his on this one, but really who bloody cares.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-15-2012 at 08:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Six66Mike  
Amazing what controvery a guy who's done nothing in the public for something like 20 years can stir up haha.

I support everything clevo said though, who gives a shit. He was asked, he answered his opinion. Everyone has one, our own opinions on a lot of things are just as dumb as his on this one, but really who bloody cares.

Right, I mean... it take the same view on that as I do on anything I disagree with. So long as he's not hurting anyone, who cares?

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 4-16-2012 at 01:36 AM

You can disagree with some ancient child tv star but arguing about it on a forum ain't gonna do anything to change it.

He may however read it and open some form of dialogue if you try to talk to him directly.

https://www.facebook.com/therealkirkcameron
http://kirkcameron.com/#/contact-bio/contact

I've never seen much point bitching about the actions of individuals unless they were in a position to read and respond. I'll bitch about politics and government til I'm dead but this, meh.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-16-2012 at 01:54 AM

That interview was from a while ago. Maybe a month or so. I forget, but it was all over talk radio like it was newsworthy. CNN used it to publicize/hype Piers Morgans show. It came and went because it was BS. Then it was brought up on here. I don't hate on anyone from THORP. I look to all you originals as a form of kinship. No matter you ideals.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-16-2012 at 06:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JawnDiablo  

Blame what?

I suppose that follows... I mean, it's the Old Testament, the Tanakh, that is the root of Kirk Cameron's beliefs so you could do that, I suppose.

For real though, this thread is the sort of thing that in mixed company is usually a tinderbox. Kudos to us Thorp Warriors that refuse to let it be one here.

that's an old joke bud.....
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-16-2012 at 06:15 AM

you guys never heard the sarcastic blame it on the jews line?
come on
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-16-2012 at 11:26 AM

I have to jump in on this point because this idea does not get enough attention...

I have been saying this for too long. This is the ONLY thing that makes sense and I would like to hear anyone say why it doesn't.

Under government, have Civil Unions for ALL. Marriage would be defined as a religious-only ceremony / label and hold the same weight as baptism, christening, and what have you. Religions get to keep their marriage "clean" and EVERYONE gets the exact same rights under the eyes of the law.

How does this not work for everyone involved?

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-16-2012 at 11:33 AM

it is fine with me being i have no religious hang ups.
Me and my fiance are getting married in a ceremony without any religious stuff, and I think I might be the first in my family history to do it this way.
My parents / her dad could care less.

hey to each their own right?
veryone has the right (in USA) to think and do what they want, and as long as they are not fucking witht he rights of others in doing so, then have a nice life.

As long as people don't go having sex with their pets, it's all fair game to me.......
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-17-2012 at 01:14 AM

*NOT BEING A DICK*

Just simply asking this question. Isn't marriage supposed to be a union between a man and woman before God? Just saying. If you don't believe in God, then why get married? I am not speaking about anyone on this board. In fact I got married in 2003, I wasn't sure of my beliefs at that point of my life. So I am one of those I am speaking about.
Thing is, if you really are that serious about not believing, then why get married? To appease the lady? To appease the man? To appease your image?

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-17-2012 at 07:20 AM

^Marriage preceded Christianity and the rest of the Abrahamic traditiins... and while for the most part it has been done under ceremonial conditions including(or revolving around really) God or gods or Heaven... it has become a civil institution in secular states. That said, the religious definitiin of marriage I think Civil Unions open to all should be the governemental component open to all. Church, mosque, synagogue, coven whatever can deal with marriage.

On that note, so long as government is getting its nose out of the business of marriage, that should decriminalize polygamy if that is the choice of the men and women involved.

Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top