Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: Kirk Cameron
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-17-2012 at 12:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by clevohardcore  
*NOT BEING A DICK*

Just simply asking this question. Isn't marriage supposed to be a union between a man and woman before God? Just saying. If you don't believe in God, then why get married? I am not speaking about anyone on this board. In fact I got married in 2003, I wasn't sure of my beliefs at that point of my life. So I am one of those I am speaking about.
Thing is, if you really are that serious about not believing, then why get married? To appease the lady? To appease the man? To appease your image?

how can something be solely about a union in gods eyes when it requires a license?
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-17-2012 at 01:13 PM

different strokes for different folks and the only time you will hear the words 'jesus Christ" mentioned at my wedding is when I get the catering bill....

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-17-2012 at 01:13 PM

but I am not looking to insult you guys, as I like you both a lot.
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-17-2012 at 02:14 PM

*NOT BEING A DICK*

Just simply asking this question. Isn't marriage supposed to be a union between a man and woman before God? Just saying. If you don't believe in God, then why get married? I am not speaking about anyone on this board. In fact I got married in 2003, I wasn't sure of my beliefs at that point of my life. So I am one of those I am speaking about.
Thing is, if you really are that serious about not believing, then why get married? To appease the lady? To appease the man? To appease your image?

Tax breaks, joint medical insurance, and all the other benefits.

That is why I think everyone should just get civil unions in the eyes of the government and religious institutions can have "marriage" but it holds as much weight as baptism or a christening.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-17-2012 at 03:37 PM

would the church recognise the marriage of a Priest who wanted to marry an altar boy he sodomised?
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 4-17-2012 at 03:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JawnDiablo  
different strokes for different folks and the only time you will hear the words 'jesus Christ" mentioned at my wedding is when I get the catering bill....

^^^^^^ *drum snare to hi-hat* :P

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-17-2012 at 03:44 PM

And this is not a jab at you Clevo, as I was raised in an Irish Catholic household, but want nothing to do with it ever again, but how do the Catholic Church have the stones to publicly denounce and condemn the actions of consenting gay adults, yet defend, cover up and ignore it when their priests are raping alter boys? Shit here in Philly it just came out that they were high fiving each other in the seminary about how many preteen conquests they had and comparing which boys were better than the others.....
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-17-2012 at 03:45 PM

I just looked at what I just typed and it disgusts me even more now
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-17-2012 at 03:47 PM

would the church recognise the marriage of a Priest who wanted to marry an altar boy he sodomised?

^^^^^^ Now come on bro. How many anti religious hilljack pieces of shit rape kids? It happens way more often. Never think for a second that I would defend a child rapist. Every single one of them should be shot dead. No matter what they do for an occupation.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-17-2012 at 03:53 PM

Dude I fully agree that it is completely wrong. Everywhere you look are in every single group are bad people. That is what you call evil. Its everywhere. This is why some fight it with faith. Sometimes people get broken down by this evil to the point of no return, others persevere and fight it.

I get it Jawn. I know where your coming from and I hate that as much as the next guy, but I won't let some perverted piece of shit take away my faith.

BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-17-2012 at 04:00 PM

Good answer Clevo. I was wondering where you would go with the one. I am an atheist to the core, but I don't see all the horrible shit that has happened with children in the Catholic church as a reflection on Catholics. I do however see it as a reflection on the Church because there have been a great deal of cover ups and even the Pope himself has made serious light of the situation.

It is something that needs to be taken a lot more seriously and will remain a huge black eye on the Catholic church until it is.

All that being said, I agree that if you do have faith that it's not the type of thing that should take away from your faith.

BKT.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-17-2012 at 04:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BKT  
Good answer Clevo. I was wondering where you would go with the one. I am an atheist to the core, but I don't see all the horrible shit that has happened with children in the Catholic church as a reflection on Catholics. I do however see it as a reflection on the Church because there have been a great deal of cover ups and even the Pope himself has made serious light of the situation.

It is something that needs to be taken a lot more seriously and will remain a huge black eye on the Catholic church until it is.

All that being said, I agree that if you do have faith that it's not the type of thing that should take away from your faith.

BKT.

The sad truth of that shit is that it's obviously not limited to the Catholic Church and it happens anywhere that there's an exchange of power. Authority figures of any stripe, and in some cases it can seem kind of mundane by comparison. Yoga teachers that use their position to hook up with students disgusts me, though it's obviously not on the same level as boy toucher priests.

I've heard plenty of stories of martial arts instructors taking advantage of students of a range of ages. Boy touchers and little girl touchers and rapists included.

That shit needs a severe penalty, severe. Our penal system isn't nearly hard enough on those people... and often they are protected by the prison system because it is well known that if those guys go into General Population, it's over.

BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-17-2012 at 04:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DaveMoral  
Quote: Originally posted by BKT  

BKT.

The sad truth of that shit is that it's obviously not limited to the Catholic Church and it happens anywhere that there's an exchange of power. Authority figures of any stripe, and in some cases it can seem kind of mundane by comparison. Yoga teachers that use their position to hook up with students disgusts me, though it's obviously not on the same level as boy toucher priests.

I've heard plenty of stories of martial arts instructors taking advantage of students of a range of ages. Boy touchers and little girl touchers and rapists included.

That shit needs a severe penalty, severe. Our penal system isn't nearly hard enough on those people... and often they are protected by the prison system because it is well known that if those guys go into General Population, it's over.

Agree with you 100%

BKT.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 4-17-2012 at 05:23 PM

According to a lot of stories, when it comes to child abuse the Krishna's/ISKCON are some of the top offenders.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-17-2012 at 05:39 PM

what I wrote was no way directed at Clevo, his faith, or devout Catholics.
More so the church, the people running it, and how it is run.
the situation is rampant in this area, not sure if it is elsewhere.
that's all.
Don't take it as anything different.
Peace.
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-17-2012 at 07:18 PM

I just have to say that this is fucking hilarious!
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-17-2012 at 08:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Discipline  
According to a lot of stories, when it comes to child abuse the Krishna's/ISKCON are some of the top offenders.

Believe me, I know a guy that went ISKCON in the last couple years and I couldn't believe it. I know he knows JJ's stories about those crooks and more to the point, he ought to know some of their child abuse stories.

Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-22-2012 at 05:54 PM

if you think being gay is evil, pervasive or wrong then women and blacks having rights is just down the corner and who knows what else, eeeesh....
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-22-2012 at 08:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Murk  
if you think being gay is evil, pervasive or wrong then women and blacks having rights is just down the corner and who knows what else, eeeesh....

That sounds like a rather long stretch to me.

barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 5-1-2012 at 09:12 PM

I think the real lesson to be learned from this discussion is that having the nickname "Boner" is an insurmountable burden. As Henry David Thoreau stated in Walden, "The twelve labors of Hercules where trifling in comparison with those which people named Boner have undertaken."
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-1-2012 at 11:05 PM

I'm going to ponder that that one while drinking this Yuengling. So is Thoreau saying that any name that carries with it, a connotation, can be too much to bear?

I figured the name Richard would be the most bad ass, but every Richard I ever new was not so bad ass.

Johnny_Whistle

Mood: the voices

[*] posted on 5-3-2012 at 11:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DaveMoral  
Quote: Originally posted by Murk  

That sounds like a rather long stretch to me.

Not really. The same bible used to denounce homosexuality also allows for the ownership of slaves and states pretty clearly that women who wear clothes made from two different threads should be stoned to death (not to mention what it has to say about wives being submissive to their husbands), among other things.

I've always been of the opinion that, if your faith gives you comfort and inspires you to do good, then who am I to put you down about it? But if the only reason you profess your religion is to feel superior to the heathens, then go fuck yourself, you're doing it wrong. And the only thing more annoying than someone proselytizing about their religion is someone who proselytizes about not having one.

None of this is directed at anyone here, by the way. Those of you with faith seem to be pretty chill about it, and those of you without don't tend to lord it over anyone who does (no pun intended :))

http://www.facebook.com/johncurtinmusic

"Making people laugh is the lowest form of comedy"
-Michael O'Donnohue
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 5-4-2012 at 11:06 PM

I'm going to ponder that that one while drinking this Yuengling. So is Thoreau saying that any name that carries with it, a connotation, can be too much to bear?

I figured the name Richard would be the most bad ass, but every Richard I ever new was not so bad ass.

Only Boners. There were three things Thoreau hated: slavery, taxes, and being nicknamed Boner.
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

Mood: f-minus

[*] posted on 5-10-2012 at 07:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Discipline  
I think God would be accepting anyone who is truly faithful, but I do personally see the moral ideals of homosexuality as being wrong.

Please explain this for me.

^^^^^ I personally do not see being gay as a good idea. Last I checked bumping someone in the ass doesn't allow for procreation. I see it as a perversion. I don't understand it. I am not gay. Do I fault others for it? No. I am not in the position and never will be to tell another what to do with there lives. I feel God will forgive this. Being gay and I mean really feeling gay and not some fly by night perverted fling must be tough. It must be difficult and complicated as a child to wrestle with the confusion and resentment some may have with it. As an adult it may bring challenges a straight person will never face.
Who am I to judge others? I'm just a douche bag who lives in Ohio.

Really Clevo? You think I'm a pervert because by no choice of my own I happen to be sexually attracted to men? I guess I thought you were smarter than that.
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-10-2012 at 10:52 AM

Anyone that has any problem with homosexuality no matter what the reason can fuck off. Learn to mind your own business. And the ones that hide their ignorance and reasons behind religion are even worse. Stop using your fables and archaic garbage to put down others and discriminate. You think its a sin? Piss off. I think what you follow is a joke.

BKT.

Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top