Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5
Author: Subject: Kirk Cameron
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 5-11-2012 at 06:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent  
Too bad "he" dropped the ball on every other piece of fruit on earth...1/1000 ain't bad odds though, better than Dunn's batting average last year.

^^^^^^ AHAHAHA, I laughed and almost spit my almond milk out.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-11-2012 at 06:30 PM

this thread reminded me to break out the quinoa in place of rice for some veggie burritos tonight. delicious!

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 5-11-2012 at 07:37 PM

I've never even heard of quinoa.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

Mood: Yellow Stitches

[*] posted on 5-11-2012 at 09:15 PM

never had it either

Well I've got a feeling I'm gonna get mine in. Retribution let the games begin.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-12-2012 at 05:23 AM

It's a rice like "grain"

from wiki:

Quinoa was of great nutritional importance in pre-Columbian Andean civilizations, secondary only to the potato, and was followed in importance by maize. In contemporary times, this crop has become highly appreciated for its nutritional value, as its protein content is very high (18%). Nutritional evaluations of quinoa indicate that it is a source of complete protein.[14][15] It is a good source of dietary fiber and phosphorus and is high in magnesium and iron. Quinoa is gluten-free and considered easy to digest. Because of all these characteristics, quinoa is being considered a possible crop in NASA's Controlled Ecological Life Support System for long-duration human occupied spaceflights.[16]
Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-13-2012 at 03:39 AM

quinoa is awesome....not the best by itself unless you enjoy plain rice, but mix it with some veggies & meat or whatever & it's great.

record collectors are pretentious assholes
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-13-2012 at 05:34 PM

quinoa recipes anyone?
we eat it, but i need some new ideas
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 5-13-2012 at 08:19 PM

Recipe would be good. I like trying new stuff.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-13-2012 at 08:30 PM

Quinoa always seemed to me as more of a rice replacement than anything. The main benefits are the high protein load (rare for a grain) and that it's a complete protein (contains all the essential amino acids in decent proportions).

It doesn't just have to replace rice. I can also be the main protein of a meal, though most people would probably not find that satisfactory and would want a meat or fake meat (or tofu) as the main protein.

If you're looking to drop meat, you can do quinoa and veggies as Colin suggested and get most of what you'd get from a meat, rice, and veggie dish, including the protein.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 5-14-2012 at 12:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DaveMoral  
I hated Ezekiel the first time I had it 12 years ago. The only way I can stand it is toasted. I'm trying to cut back my bread consumption anyway... tis truly the fattening.

Finally something in this thread has offended me and my devout faith in nutritionology. Fatties get fat from an excess of calories, not a particular food. Eat that wonderful bread all you want, tis not the culprit.

Let this man drop some knowledge on ya!
http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/...
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-14-2012 at 07:26 AM

Calories in calories out is limited. Too many carbs desensitizes your body to utilizing carbs as a fuel source, raises your insulin levels and lowers your insulin sensitivity. Which leads ro your body storing those unused carbs as fat.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-14-2012 at 08:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JawnDiablo  
quinoa recipes anyone?
we eat it, but i need some new ideas

I actually use it a lot to make veg enchiladas for my wife. Quinoa and some spicy black beans holds together really well as a filling. Usually like a 2:1/3:1 quinoa to bean ratio. Other than that it's usually just a side dish.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-14-2012 at 08:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DaveMoral  
Calories in calories out is limited. Too many carbs desensitizes your body to utilizing carbs as a fuel source, raises your insulin levels and lowers your insulin sensitivity. Which leads ro your body storing those unused carbs as fat.

Yeah but how much bread are you even talking about at this point? 3 sandwiches a day? Lowering carb intake is one thing, but eliminating breads entirely out of fear of evil carbs...

There's so many different mentalities/theories on nutrition you just have to do what works for you. Look at all these people backloading now. Theyre eating buckets of carbs post workout and losing tons of body fat and getting more cut than people eating no carbs.

I just don't believe it's as black and white as the "carbs are bad/make you fat" mentality.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-14-2012 at 12:32 PM

First of all, I'm not talking about eliminating breads entirely but reducing my use of them. It's all about reigning in and thinking about diet. The quality of your csrbs is crucial and breads are often extremely low quality even whole grain breads. Right now I'm working on The Warrior Diet and utilizing controlled and intermittent fasting. The basic gist of it is eat way way less during the day and have one big meal for dinner. If you eat during the undereating part of the day make it onlt raw veggies and fruit or their juices. Then there's a whole method of eatig the main meal. Starting with raw green salad! Moving to proteins and fats the rights cloaing with carbs. Eat until you're full or more thirsty than hungry.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-14-2012 at 12:50 PM

Out of curiosity what kind of results are you seeing from that diet?

I've went down 3% in the body fat % in the past 70 or so days (with weight staying pretty much the same ~185 to ~180) just monitoring caloric intake and doing strength 3-4 times a week w/ 3 days of higher intensity cardio mixed in and a bi-monthly "come to jesus" type session with a PT.

There's too many different mentalities on diet...
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-14-2012 at 04:55 PM

I'm just starting to implement it. So it's an experiment that'll yield soon hopefully. It's a snap for me because I'm used to fasting during Ramadan and going without food or drink for like 16 hours straight every day for a month. Kicking back some raw veggies and fruit during a similar time frame is nothing. Plus, starting now it's going to help prime me for Ramadan, which starts around mid-July.

I'll keep you posted. I don't have a scale at home, so I'm not really keeping close track of my weight or anything.

The argument for the Warrior Diet is essentially that it's on a eating cycle that is more natural to human beings from our hunter/gatherer roots. I.E. ancient humans didn't eat 6 meals a day, or eat big lunch feasts, but they did their hunting and gathering and other work during the day and didn't eat a ton and then had their biggest meal at the end of the day.

Pages:  1  ..  3    5

Go To Top