Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Buffet tax rule shot down by richest 1%
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 4-17-2012 at 04:01 PM
Buffet tax rule shot down by richest 1%

First article is about the richest 1% wanting the middle class to pay more in taxes to fix the economy from 2010.

Second article is about the senate voting down the Buffet idea of the richest 1% paying a higher tax rate. This article was from yesterday.

Fucking pisses me off.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12/04/senate-dems-seeki...

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/apr/16/republicans-bloc...

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 4-17-2012 at 05:25 PM

Are you actually surprised?

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 4-17-2012 at 06:15 PM

Fucking shoot all of them in the face.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-17-2012 at 09:22 PM

The only thing that surprises me is how passive we all are.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 01:36 AM

If there was a Like for that comment I would haha.

:thumbup: Like

There we go. I'm amazed that Occupy isn't more widespread. Hoping as it warms up more people get out, Oakland went nuts last year. Keep it moving. Sadly I don't think you'll ever see tens of thousands of people protesting like you saw in Egypt or even on the Occupy day last year throughout Europe and South America.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 08:32 AM

Only rich people have enough money to get into office, then they fuck everyone over.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 12:18 PM

It's right in front of us. Blatant. Without secret. It's the same thing that happened in 2008 with the banking industry. Then with the auto manufactures and housing. They are helped, they are bailed out. They reap the rewards/benefits and we suffer.

Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

Mood: Yellow Stitches

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 12:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Six66Mike  
There we go. I'm amazed that Occupy isn't more widespread. Hoping as it warms up more people get out, Oakland went nuts last year. Keep it moving. Sadly I don't think you'll ever see tens of thousands of people protesting like you saw in Egypt or even on the Occupy day last year throughout Europe and South America.

I don't really know or get if the whole Occupy thing is doing anything. There is an occupy group in downtown Raleigh, but from all I can tell is they took over a semi abandoned parking lot and set up tents and put up a couple signs. It appears to be more of a Shanty Town for people who want to camp in the city than any type of political movement.

Well I've got a feeling I'm gonna get mine in. Retribution let the games begin.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 12:44 PM

None of it is new stuff really from my point of view.
The rich have been putting the screws to the rest of us since the creation of money.
I could let myself get bent out of shape about it and make myself a little picket sign, but you know what, I have a job.....
While I admire some of the energy and ideals I have seen from the occupy things, not to be a dick, but what are they really doing besides annoying people, blocking traffic and littering?
They're not informing us of some new deal, in fact, hey all smelled like feces when I had to walk past them when they were "living" outside of city hall in Philly last fall....all shouting in bullhorns and stuff.

Completely unrelated, well kinda, but I think I might buy a few guns......
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 01:25 PM

^^^^^^ Not a bad idea.

sentrand
Posting Freak

Mood: hate riot 513,sheer terror, yuppicide, joe coffee

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 02:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by clevohardcore  

^^^^^^ Not a bad idea.

yup

I'm a jerk. All night,I'm seeing Sentrand and thinking "Where do I know that guy from?".
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 05:45 PM

The main reason the rich can "steal" our money is because the best we can do is send out disorganized protests that peter out after a few months and make posts about it on the internet.

They'll buy politicians, they'll lobby their money into more money and we'll start facebook campaigns. I'd steal our money too.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 07:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent  
The main reason the rich can "steal" our money is because the best we can do is send out disorganized protests that peter out after a few months and make posts about it on the internet.

They'll buy politicians, they'll lobby their money into more money and we'll start facebook campaigns. I'd steal our money too.

^^^^^^^ O the humanity. No really, this seems to be a common thread in humanity.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 09:47 PM

Facebook campaigns can be pretty powerful if you can translate into boots on the ground. I mean, that's what they say happened with Egypt right?

The #1 problem we have in this country is that the whole damn lot of us are complacent and apathetic and it has largely to do with the fact that we are well fed(even if much of the "food" isn't really feeding us... just making us fat, sick and weak), and really well distracted with TV, movies, video games and internet drama and bullshit.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 10:11 PM

Yes Egypt.

We had facebook campaigns here too that helped fuel the Occupy fire to a large degree. Look how far that flash in the pan got people.

We're not Egypt. We cant even figure out how to get off the fucking couch.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 10:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DaveMoral  

Facebook campaigns can be pretty powerful if you can translate into boots on the ground. I mean, that's what they say happened with Egypt right?

The #1 problem we have in this country is that the whole damn lot of us are complacent and apathetic and it has largely to do with the fact that we are well fed(even if much of the "food" isn't really feeding us... just making us fat, sick and weak), and really well distracted with TV, movies, video games and internet drama and bullshit.

^^^^^ 100% agree. Our food, quasi broke luxury lifestyles are empty and weak. We feel like we are getting ahead but we are weak from debt, guilt and stress. Bled dry by empty promises and hope that our country is really ours. After years of corporate bailouts, empty words and the common person being left out. Were do you go? What avenue do you seek to regroup and start fighting the good fight for common man? Who starts it?

Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 01:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by sentrand  
Quote: Originally posted by clevohardcore  

^^^^^^ Not a bad idea.

yup

record collectors are pretentious assholes
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 07:28 AM

Yes Egypt.

We had facebook campaigns here too that helped fuel the Occupy fire to a large degree. Look how far that flash in the pan got people.

We're not Egypt. We cant even figure out how to get off the fucking couch.

That's just what I'm saying. We simply don't feel desperate enough to just not give a fuck.

Tunisia, Egypt, Syria, Bahrain etc. Those people are hungry for change and it takes a whole hell of a lot more to get them off the streets than a few hundred gallons of pepper spray and a billy club. People gave up their lives, and that didn't stop 'em.

It's either we are not in such a dire situation as it would appear we are, or our oppression is so natural to us that we think it's normal and should be normal. How many of us are straight up brainwashed or so broken down by the shit that we are convinced that we can't change a damn thing?

Hell's bells, in Europe when people want change they riot. In some countries they take to the streets even when it will cost them their lives. What do we do here? A bunch of our weakest people take to the streets and have drum circles, get the shit kick out of 'em by the police and then condemn the Black Bloc for fighting back.

The myth of rugged individualism that comforts us at night is such a sham. We are a nation of people that bows to authority mostly without question.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 08:40 AM

Couldn't agree more.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 08:52 AM

right.

but then again, this whole 1% / 99 % deal is nothing new.
It has always been.
It is just hyped more witht he aid of the internet, in a time where this country is in a fucked state.

But like I said, I don't have the time to go out and get tear gassed by cops with a bunch of squatters cuz I have to go to work every day to pay my bills and tcob for my family.
my life is actually pretty fucking good.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 08:57 AM

For one thing we are so completely divided. How is it that we have one group so fucking blind to the fact that we are being fleeced? I was one of them. The sheep following and hanging on every word by the right. Look I am conservative in my ideals and always will be but I am so frustrated with the lies, bullshit and deceit. How is it that the one group that preaches so matter of fact that FREE MARKET, KEEP GOVERNMENT OUT OF BUSINESS, SINK OR SWIM, DON'T TAKE A HANDOUT, and SUCCESS IS BASED ON YOUR ABILITY AND NOT WHAT IS GIVEN TO YOU is the right way. They were the first to stand in line and be given money. Basically threatening our government to give them the bailouts or else the country suffers. HOW THE FUCK IS THAT POSSIBLE? And how the fuck is it possible that we sat back and allowed it without supporting the people first?

The division is this. We still have mouth breathers who support the right wing bullshit of FREE MARKET, LESS GOVERNMENT AND LESS TAXES FOR THE WEALTHY. FREE MARKET HEALTHCARE. They are the first assholes to tell the sheep to support them and fight the fight, but who is really benefiting from those empty promises? The rich. It's like everyone ignores what went down in 2008 and 2009.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 09:05 AM

President Obama was just at a Community College in the city I live yesterday. He stated that it is good that school like that get people the education to work, I'm fucking unemployed with a degree and haven't had a fucking call from a single application since being laid off in November. And there is so many more just like me just in my county. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU PRAISE THIS TOWN WHEN SO MANY ARE SCARED, BROKE AND CONFUSED? Now today Romney will be in Lorain one town over and trying to rally the troops on his side. At of all places a small manufacturing business that pays low wages, but has been boasting profits. WAKE UP!

Johnny_Whistle

Mood: the voices

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 09:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DaveMoral  

or our oppression is so natural to us that we think it's normal and should be normal.

If you try to toss a frog into boiling water, he'll jump right out. If you put him in cold water and increase the heat gradually, he'll sit there and boil to death.

We're not sheep, we're frogs

http://www.facebook.com/johncurtinmusic

"Making people laugh is the lowest form of comedy"
-Michael O'Donnohue
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 09:13 AM

O and yesterday was the same day I got a letter saying that my PELL GRANT will expire and because of changes in the law I will no longer be able to receive it. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO? I'm unemployed, and can't pay to finish the rest of my education because I have no savings. I am up to my eyeballs in student loans and barely have enough to cover any future classes. So how do I finish my education, to get the training, to get that job Mr. Obama? We are all sheep, or as j whistle just said, frogs.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 10:07 AM

Clevo, i thought you were a Police officer?

And yeah man I hear ya on all you just wrote above.

the lines are not clearly drawn.

I think the conservative / liberal deal is just a way of identifing oneslelf and insulting the other.

The whole"I am more conservative then thee" argument is laughable.
I am only able to type in fragments as I am sneaking on at work in a minimised wndow trying not to get sleauthed.....

but make no mistake, I am pretty fed up just with hearing these politicians speaking
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top