Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Buffet tax rule shot down by richest 1%
Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 10:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JawnDiablo  

I think the conservative / liberal deal is just a way of identifing oneslelf and insulting the other.

it sure is a great way to keep people busy quarreling with each other over stupid shit while the rats get fat

record collectors are pretentious assholes
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 11:01 AM

Bingo.

Keep us worried about who can marry who and fighting over crumbs while they rob us blind.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 03:20 PM

Clevo, i thought you were a Police officer?

And yeah man I hear ya on all you just wrote above.

the lines are not clearly drawn.

I think the conservative / liberal deal is just a way of identifing oneslelf and insulting the other.

The whole"I am more conservative then thee" argument is laughable.
I am only able to type in fragments as I am sneaking on at work in a minimised wndow trying not to get sleauthed.....

but make no mistake, I am pretty fed up just with hearing these politicians speaking

^^^ Laid off over a year now. Took a job with a hospital then over 70 of us got laid off in November 2011. Went back to school and stressing the fuck out. This area has way too many people vying for a job and those that have one ain't giving them up. Departments that are hiring are hiring 1 maybe 2 at a time. When your competing with over 100 at a time and sometimes 300+ with the same or more qualifications, it kind of sucks. I recently applied in another state and may apply in two others. It's tough.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 03:25 PM

Also, if your thinking cops are ultra conservative liberal haters, you'd be surprised. I know I was when I started working. Then again it was liberal art college town so.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 03:47 PM

It's crazy that one party tells us, to our faces, that they straight up want shit to be like it was leading up to the Great Depression. They'd get rid of the New Deal if they thought they could pull it off. And the worst part of it is that so many in the very economic bracket that would be devastated by that, votes Republican. That blows my fucking mind.

Not that the Democrats are truthfully any better, that do all the same shit on the sly. Oligarchy is just getting more and more entrenched again.

The Robber Barons are back with a vengeance.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 04:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DaveMoral  
. And the worst part of it is that so many in the very economic bracket that would be devastated by that, votes Republican. That blows my fucking mind.

I have been thinking something like this too.
It's like they hate the poor so much yet are like 2 paychecks away from being on nearly that same level.

Hey anyone ever hear that Song called Just Look Around by some band called Sick Of It All?.....:D
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 05:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DaveMoral  
. And the worst part of it is that so many in the very economic bracket that would be devastated by that, votes Republican. That blows my fucking mind.

I have been thinking something like this too.
It's like they hate the poor so much yet are like 2 paychecks away from being on nearly that same level.

Hey anyone ever hear that Song called Just Look Around by some band called Sick Of It All?.....:D

Haha! Right?

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 05:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by clevohardcore  
Also, if your thinking cops are ultra conservative liberal haters, you'd be surprised. I know I was when I started working. Then again it was liberal art college town so.

I don't think cops are ultra conservative liberal haters, I think they are people in roughly the same tax bracket I am just doing what they need to provide for their families. Unfortunately, they often get into a pack mentality in protest situations...

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-19-2012 at 10:40 PM

Well that is the job they signed up for. That's the issue. To keep law and order. That is assuming those breaking the law or disorder are in the wrong. However it would be very strange to see a scenario where the people rebel against the government that is oppressing them and some of those keeping law and order may decide its for the best.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-20-2012 at 10:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by clevohardcore  
Well that is the job they signed up for. That's the issue. To keep law and order. That is assuming those breaking the law or disorder are in the wrong. However it would be very strange to see a scenario where the people rebel against the government that is oppressing them and some of those keeping law and order may decide its for the best.

Honestly, I can't even imagine the level of oppression we'd have to see for anything like that to happen in this country. From civilians, police or military. People aren't really ready to riot like you see in Greece, let alone rebellion like Egypt, Tunisia, Libya or Syria.

And our situation is very different, it's like soft fascism. The unjust laws are mostly economic not so much civil. We are "free" to do damn near anything, what keeps us down is largely economic shit and the way the system's been manipulated for the new Robber Barons to horde the wealth, outsource jobs and generally turn us into a servile people. I'm not sure people quite get the full ramifications of a "service oriented" economy. You know what I mean?

Doesn't seem to me that the best us blue collars can hope for our kids is to be a barista in some fancy coffee shop or some other servile position.

BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-20-2012 at 11:03 AM

Rioting, occupying, busting off the shackles of economic dependance is all very romantic and what not, but for me not a reality.

I have a business to run, investors to answer to and a family to feed. I have bills to pay, bills that I knowingly took on and all the above responsibilities that I also knowingly took on. Are things messed up, yes of course. Am I doing okay. Yes I am and its due to a great deal of sacrifice, some pretty crazy risks and a whole lot of hard work. Simply put I am selfish. I care about taking care of my family and that is pretty much where it ends for me at the moment. I am not willing to do anything to jeopardize what I have built over the years and I have seen it fall down due to a few different economic upheavals over the years. I am not immune to the powers that be.

Do I respect the occupiers, the students protesting and that whole general movement? Yes and no. One one hand I want to kick in their teeth every time I head them yelling about this that and the other. It bothers me that they have affected the day to day lives of numerous small business owners. It bothers me that they have nothing better to do then stand in a park for two months.

On the other hand I think it's an important message they are trying to get across. I do believe that the balance of power is very one sided. I think it's admirable to take on a force that you have no hope in hell of defeating.

However I have a job to do, so maybe the powers that be have me right where they want me. But at the same time I am right where I want to be as well. I have three businesses that took a lot of hard work and perseverance to get going, I have a family that I can take care of and I am prepared for the future. I accomplished none of this by pissing and moaning, it took hard work and the willingness to get back up time and time again.

Just my personal experience though, others have a different take on things and that is fine to.

BKT.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-20-2012 at 09:16 PM

^I think the thing is, with Occupy it's not a matter of people who just don't have anything better to do because they are lazy bums. A goodly number of these folks are just like you and me, many of them highly educated who have found that all their hard work hasn't gotten them shit, and they've got hundreds of thousands of dollars in student loans to pay after they attempted to secure their futures. Others have lost businesses and homes to the racketeering and shennanigans of the banksters... selling people a false bill of goods, conning them into bad loans etc. This is how they are getting back up, this is how they are trying to make things better for themselves and for the rest of us.

But you're right. Those of us that can have to TCOB. I'm not out on the picket lines either, I'm scrimping and saving trying to make ends meet and working as much as I can(which unfortunately isn't always as often as I'd like it to be), and kicking around various ideas for side businesses. I would reckon that the majority of people on those picket lines don't have children to feed and I doubt they hold it against anyone for taking care of their own. A lot of small business owners have expressed support for the Occupiers.

If push comes to shove and revolution ever were to become a reality.... I'd be hard-pressed not to throw myself into the midst of it. At the point that shit comes to a dead stop, you'd have the time to hit the streets. But that time ain't coming any where near soon. I certainly wouldn't expect to see it in my lifetime. I just think the soft fascism that's been growing will gradually harden until one day people realize just what's been done.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 4-21-2012 at 01:38 AM

Look man, not a single one of us think negative of anyone especially a member of this board for succeeding in what they do. Would I be bitching like I have been lately if I was in a better position right now? No. Knowing that I am taking care of my family is number one and right now its not happening. I'm stressed, and basically freaking out a bit. I guess I'm venting on this board to keep from doing so around my family.

The strange thing is that is that I see with btk's last post connects with what I just said above. If your doing good, you chill out and think don't fuck it up. If your on the other side and you want things to change right now. I guess that is the common man's dilemma. That is where we begin to separate. This is NOT a diss or whatever. It's more of a pessimistic outlook on our country and not about us on THORP. The ones content are content and will have animosity for the have nots. Pretty much like life since the beginning. When many have life is good and those without are shunned and separated from the public. When many are without, it's hard to be separate.

O fuck I have no idea what am typing. I'm being melodramatic and I know I sound like a bitch. I have to get my act together, this sucks.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-21-2012 at 08:59 AM

All of your posts make perfect sense Clevo, and Dave, and yours BKT

I was in the same boat a couple years ago.
Got fired from my job of 11 years on some bullshit.
got denied unemployment, and had no money in the bank to fall back on....I got the UC eventually months later thru an appeal, but that took a few months.
I had to do odd jobs for a while, and pretty much lost my marbles for a little while, because of the thought of not being able to TCOB
It's fuckin tough out there right now.
If I hadn't landed where I am because of an old coworker / friend reaching out to me, I am not sure where i would be right now.

Shit I was drinking with a friend last night and he told me how deep his girl was in for medical school loans, and I nearly choked on my Kensinger
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top