Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Roadrunner Recs closes UK, international offices
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-26-2012 at 05:14 PM
Roadrunner Recs closes UK, international offices

http://lambgoat.com/news/18235/Roadrunner-Recs-closes-UK-int...

Within the past hour, news has begun to circulate suggesting that Roadrunner Records UK was closing. Further research has unveiled mention of their German offices are closing as well. However, strangely, we cannot yet find a source for all of the buzz. If you know anything, hit us up.

Update #1: According to Ed Stone, "Roadrunner cuts today are international and not just in the UK."

Update #2: We've been told that Roadrunner parent company Warner Music Group is closing Roadrunner's European offices in a cost cutting move.

Update #3: Roadrunner publicist Kirsten Sprinks has the following to say via Twitter: "It's true - we are all out of a job... So, it's safe to say it's a truly horrible day."

Update #4: In addition to Roadrunner UK closing, we can confirm that Roadrunner Records Canada has closed as well, with its employees now terminated.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 4-26-2012 at 05:42 PM

I bought a shitload of RR releases back in the day. They used to have a lot of good bands. Sucks to be in the label business these days.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
MikeFromInhuman
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-26-2012 at 09:30 PM

They should have never sold to Warner's in 2010, bottom line. Roadrunner was already doing quite well before they sold to "the man". Shitty news, even though I like not one current band on the roster. I have at least 200 Roadrunner cds in my collection.

CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 4-26-2012 at 10:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Discipline  
I bought a shitload of RR releases back in the day. They used to have a lot of good bands. Sucks to be in the label business these days.
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-27-2012 at 11:41 AM

My brother used to have TONS of cassettes in his "metal" collection and I know quite a few he bought just because they were from RR and hew knew it would most likely be decent... Those days are long gone and buying albums like that would have you end up with Nickleback in your collection.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-27-2012 at 11:51 AM

yup, they had tons of great bands back in the day.
Sepultura, Obituary to name just a couple.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 4-27-2012 at 01:07 PM

Wasn't this label one of the more successful labels in metal? IF they did get bought up last year and then dismantled its fucked up. The man is destroying everything the small business/success any genre has created.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 4-27-2012 at 01:13 PM

Side note* I worked at a place that had was a legacy in my hometown for nearly a hundred years of never laying off. They began manufacturing computer vortex systems for business and shit. It was a nice job. An Uncle of mine worked there for nearly 20 years, had gotten me the job. Good pay. They sold to a company called Marconi international to become a major player in the world. One year later, the enter place was laid off and then closed. We were there competition. That's dirty biz and record labels are no different I guess.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-28-2012 at 12:04 PM

They probably spent a lot of money to get Megadeth, Korn and Rob Zombie on their label and didn't see the sales returns.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 4-28-2012 at 08:24 PM

I looked at their roster and they have Rush and the Steve Miller band on there. I would never have expected to see them on RR.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 4-29-2012 at 12:57 AM

Just looked at their roster and the only thing I saw that I actually liked on there was Doug Stanhope. To me he is funny as hell otherwise couldn't care less.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 4-29-2012 at 05:35 AM

Outside of some regular shmo's losing a paycheck" Who gives a flying fuck? The only thing I EVER bought from that label was the 2 Carnivore Lp's on one CD..

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.

Go To Top