Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: fishing
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 5-13-2012 at 08:24 PM
fishing

This weekend a friend of mine taught me how to fish. Had a blast. The reason I am making a post is I caught 5 walleye. Each averaged 4 lbs. I grilled it on Saturday and the wife fried some up today. Both ways tasted great but the way my wife fried it laid waste to my grilling. Any of you fish regularly? I required a 12 of Yuengling, but I had a blast. The 12 pack made it tolerable to listen to the fishing nerds.
Two meals down and I still have about four more meals left. Basically very cheap and tasty meals.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
sentrand
Posting Freak

Mood: hate riot 513,sheer terror, yuppicide, joe coffee

[*] posted on 5-13-2012 at 08:51 PM

not enough patience...

I'm a jerk. All night,I'm seeing Sentrand and thinking "Where do I know that guy from?".
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-13-2012 at 10:05 PM

my dad used to go fishing.
i never really have.
ive been invited to go and i may take them up on it just for the quiet time
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 5-13-2012 at 10:44 PM

Clevo, this is really your first time? Wow, I figured a midwest guy like you grew up fishing. I have fished my whole life and I love it. I rarely eat it. My daughter always wants to keep what she catches. If big enough, we do but she has to help me clean it and eat it. I saw your fish picture, that thing was amazing.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-13-2012 at 11:40 PM

I told my friend Rich who I grew up with has been fishing like mad for a few years. He bought a boat and goes out like 4-5 times a week. Enters contests and shit. Last year we were talking about it and I always bust on him about fishing being boring, a waste of time etc. I told the only way I go out is with beer. So we it was left at that. Then while patrolling the hospital grounds of my old job I heard a country song called "She thinks were just fishing" or something. It was a country song. Don't judge, I didn't set the radio station. Anyway, I'm a sucker for sentimental songs. I called my friend and told him I want to learn to fish so I can teach my son. That was in the winter. Now, I am learning so create those moments for my boy that I never had, but wished I did like some other friends had with there Dads.
Thing is Rich is fucking hardcore about it so he is going all out with teaching. Apparently its really tough catching walleye just casting a line off a pier and sitting still. You need a boat, some things they call boards with lights attached. Then you got lights you place on our forehead. The boat has 6 total fishing rods that all cast at once. and you move the boat in a specific distance from shore and you just coast real slow. Once you get a bite you its a crazy process to bring them in. It's fun though.
Later this week we are going out for perch. That is when we will anchor and chill in spots and fish.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-13-2012 at 11:48 PM

I just looked the song up. maybe you get it, maybe you don't. This song got to me that's all I know. I'm getting this on itunes right now.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-14-2012 at 12:00 AM

WHO THE HECK IS THIS DUDE? He's got all the freaking answers in song.

sentrand
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-14-2012 at 12:23 AM

I'm a jerk. All night,I'm seeing Sentrand and thinking "Where do I know that guy from?".
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-14-2012 at 06:04 AM

Caught tons of walleye and never had to wear spaceman lights or light up the boat...maybe it's the lake you're on? We catch them just casting off the boat...hell we even catch them bait fishing for panfish with night crawlers. The perch will be fun if you hit a nice area.

I only fish in the summers now but used to fish almost every weekend with my dad from like 6 to 16...now I go out with him when I visit their place in MI but thats about it.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-14-2012 at 06:46 AM

generally, not really a fan of fishing. i dig deep sea fishing, but that has a lot more to do with being out on the ocean.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
mattybar

[*] posted on 5-14-2012 at 07:08 AM

i intend to start fishing and playing golf in the next few years.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-14-2012 at 10:27 AM

Golf is rad. Just expensive for me right now. Its a good time though.

sentrand
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-14-2012 at 10:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by clevohardcore  
Golf is rad. Just expensive for me right now. Its a good time though.
i have heard so many people say how relaxing it is. i love playing, but it flat out pisses me off sometimes.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-14-2012 at 11:11 AM

I don't get pissed. I know I suck, I just try to improve. When someone is outplaying me I try and figure out why. Plus going to the range is a good time to just vent. Grab a bucket and just crush em. That relaxed practice makes for better drives.

sentrand
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-14-2012 at 11:19 AM

my biggest problem is overthinking it. if i just tee up step back then walk up and swing away my shot is usually better. but i havent golfed in like ten years.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 5-14-2012 at 12:38 PM

Fishing is boring to me. Even if I'm drinking, just sitting there drives me nuts. I'd try deep sea fishing though, as that looks like fun.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
rollinpinmim

[*] posted on 5-14-2012 at 01:20 PM

I used to go fishing every weekend with my old man. He grew up in Sicily right by the ocean and he always fished as a kid. He passed on that love to me and we always ate everything we caught. We even take trip from NY to Boston to go deep sea fishing for Cod. Fishing is a an excellent way to create family memories with your kids.

Go To Top