Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New joke blog
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

wink.gif posted on 5-21-2012 at 07:24 AM
New joke blog

A dude I used to work with always posts pretty funny (and usually offensive) jokes on Facebook. So last night I was bored and dug up all the ones I could find, chucked em into a WordPress page and published it.

http://gavjokes.wordpress.com/

Some good, some bad, worth a click though. I'm just hoping he can keep providing content.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
Johnny_Whistle

Mood: the voices

[*] posted on 5-21-2012 at 08:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Six66Mike  
I'm just hoping he can keep providing content.

Well as long as he keeps ripping off actual comedians, he shouldn't have a problem.

Sorry, that might sound nasty, but unless you've stood in the back of a comedy club watching someone else do your act verbatim (unaware of your presence, of course), it's really impossible to know just how infuriating it is to see someone claim the cleverness of others as their own. Most of those jokes I recognized immediately as either word-for-word ripoffs, or the same jokes worded slightly differently from the originals. I have to assume the ones I didn't recognize right off the bat are of the same ilk. Yes, they're very funny (well, most of them). It's still plagiarism.

http://www.facebook.com/johncurtinmusic

"Making people laugh is the lowest form of comedy"
-Michael O'Donnohue
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 5-23-2012 at 11:03 PM

There is some real funny shit on there.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 5-23-2012 at 11:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Whistle  
Quote: Originally posted by Six66Mike  
I'm just hoping he can keep providing content.

Well as long as he keeps ripping off actual comedians, he shouldn't have a problem.

Sorry, that might sound nasty, but unless you've stood in the back of a comedy club watching someone else do your act verbatim (unaware of your presence, of course), it's really impossible to know just how infuriating it is to see someone claim the cleverness of others as their own. Most of those jokes I recognized immediately as either word-for-word ripoffs, or the same jokes worded slightly differently from the originals. I have to assume the ones I didn't recognize right off the bat are of the same ilk. Yes, they're very funny (well, most of them). It's still plagiarism.

I should find out the source for them and use the wordpress tags to identify the original comedian :) Maybe after uni is done in a few weeks.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM

Go To Top