Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: 2 days till my MDF trek...
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-24-2012 at 07:56 AM
2 days till my MDF trek...

Can't make it the first 2 days...but I think I'll live...

Infernal Stronghold - 12:30 - 1:00
Bloody Phoenix - 1:15 - 1:45
Looking for an Answer - 2:00 - 2:35
Dragged into Sunlight - 2:55 - 3:25
Black Witchery - 3:50 - 4:35
The Devil's Blood - 5:45 - 6:30
Archgoat - 6:45 - 7:30
Horna - 7:45 - 8:30
Noothgrush - 8:45 - 9:30
Tsjuder - 10:35 - 11:25
Haemorrhage - 11:40 - 12:25
Winter - 12:40 - end

Outside Stage 1

October 31 - 4:30 - 5:00
Deviated Instinct - 5:50 - 6:40
Confessor - 7:30 - 8:20
Morbid Angel - 9:30 - 10:40

Outside Stage 2

Hellbastard - 3:25 - 4:10
Morbid Saint - 5:00 - 5:45
Anvil - 6:40 - 7:30
Brujeria - 8:25 - 9:25

Main room

Backslider - 1:30 - 2:00
Coke Bust - 2:15 - 2:45
Agents of Abhorrence - 3:00 - 3:30
Cough - 3:45 - 4:25
Rwake - 4:40 - 5:20
Ulcerate - 5:40 - 6:25
YOB - 6:40 - 7:25
Nausea - 7:40 - 8:15
Sargeist - 10:35 - 11:20
Bethlehem - 11:35 - 12:25
Mortuary Drape - 12:40 - end

Outside Stage 1

Demonical - 4:00 - 4:40
Church of Misery - 5:30 - 6:20
Suffocation - 7:20 - 8:10
Electric Wizard - 9:30 - 10:40

Outside Stage 2

Disma - 3:15 - 3:55
Morgoth - 4:45 - 5:30
Pentagram - 6:25 - 7:15
Saint Vitus - 8:15 - 9:20
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 5-24-2012 at 09:39 AM

oh my god, what an awesome line up. i would go crazy.

which nausea are playing there? the new york ones or the ones from la? i thought both weren´t exiting anymore for a long time. please let me know how good morgoth were. they´re heroes of my youth and i heard they are really strong again.

mattybar

[*] posted on 5-24-2012 at 09:40 AM

that's a pretty sweet lineup
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 5-24-2012 at 11:13 AM

Haven't heard of a lot of the bands but there's a few really good ones playing. Should be fun

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-24-2012 at 11:41 AM

WINTER as the closer?
Is this to lull people to sleep for the night?

I saw Suffocation once.......that drummer....jesus man.

Would love to see Brujeria.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-24-2012 at 12:25 PM

It's the LA Nausea.

I'm mostly going for that Sunday lineup...from Disma at 3:15 until the end I'm going to be running from one stage to the next like a madman. Just insane lineup. But I'm flying out Saturday so it didn't make sense to not go then too...not that I don't want to see a ton of those Saturday bands...but I wouldn't travel for that lineup alone.
Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

Mood: Yellow Stitches

[*] posted on 5-24-2012 at 06:13 PM

I've heard of about 6 of those bands, and actually only heard songs from probably 3 or 4 of them

Well I've got a feeling I'm gonna get mine in. Retribution let the games begin.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 5-25-2012 at 02:00 AM

Tsjuder! Damn there's some wicked black metal there.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-25-2012 at 06:09 AM

Yeah, stoked for Sargeist too
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-28-2012 at 02:20 PM

how was it?

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-29-2012 at 06:03 AM

It was good but it reminded me of why I don't go to fests. Too much standing around...I don't know how people do all 4 days of that thing. Not too mention the 90deg heat.

Highlights were Saint Vitus, Disma, Electric Wizard, Brujeria, Demonical, Archgoat, Sargeist and a couple others I'm drawing a blank on...Anvil was obnoxious. I still don't believe anyone would give a damn about that band if it wasn't for that documentary. Bands I miss that I would have like to see (for various reasons) Morbid Angel, Tsjuder, Winter and Mortuary Drape.

I don't know that I'd go to another one unless they brought Bolt Thrower back...just too damn long.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-29-2012 at 06:05 AM

If you care to browse pictures, this dude has some from every set...

http://www.returntothepit.com/concert.php?date=2012-05-27
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-29-2012 at 07:59 AM

:| you missed Tsjuder! I got to see about 2 minutes of Morbid Angel once, they opened for Slayer and Pantera but they went on first and then Static X & Skrape played, I was pissed.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-29-2012 at 09:19 AM

Last time I saw Morbid Angel was on the Blessed are the Sick tour, so I wanted to check them out...but I was exhausted and jetlagged and after being outside for like 8 hours I went to go grab some bottles of water from a convenient store across the street (in the fest water was more expensive than pop which makes no fucking sense to me)...I had already been in there with outside water earlier but security wouldn't let me through this time...

So I decided to hang outside the fence for a minute or two and after 45 minutes of satanic organ music while Morbid Angel was rock starring their way onto the stage I just said fuck it and went back to the hotel...which in turn meant I also missed Tsjuder and Winter.
3rdDistrict

[*] posted on 5-29-2012 at 11:03 AM

Just read this from another board;

'worldxdownfall wrote:
too bad the singer of Disma's white power/fencewalker shit puts a damper on the rest of the band. they were so unlemmyly heavy.

wait, he's WP? Did he wear a swastika on stage or something?

Big ol' SS lightning bolt on his arm. no big deal.

And read this:

http://www.mourningtheancient.com/sturm.htm

Now, the good thing is, Daryl from Born Against/Assuck is in the band, so they aren't a WP/fence walking band, and apparently they've publicly stated that any of Craig's views are not those of Disma. Still sucks.'

hmmmmmmm

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-29-2012 at 11:53 AM

Yes I saw that on the B9 too, I'd heard about this somewhere before.

Dude just couldn't wait to let people know that little factoid lol. That pictures not even from the show (they played in daylight) so he went out of his way to find a picture with that tattoo for dramatic flair to coincide w/ the interview.

Bottom line is the dude is in a band singing about funeral bogs and other metally shit now...not whatever backwards shit he's spewing in that old interview. If you're looking to metal for intelligence and social relevance you're probably doing it wrong...

There was plenty of people there that could have said something to this guy if they were that concerned...he was even working their merch booth so it's not like he went into hiding after their performance. Instead they had a line blocking half the merch area off BEFORE they even had their shit out, then sold out of their shirts in like 20 minutes.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-29-2012 at 12:29 PM

I haven't heard Morbid Angel Since Blessed are the Sick.
I think I remember David Vincent leaving the band to be a Geni-torturer or some crap.
that record was tight.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-29-2012 at 12:45 PM

Their album after Blessed was good...anything past that...meh. Though the newest one is supposed to be decent...

and yeah he was in Genitorturers, Jen is his/was his wife.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-29-2012 at 09:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent  
Last time I saw Morbid Angel was on the Blessed are the Sick tour, so I wanted to check them out...but I was exhausted and jetlagged and after being outside for like 8 hours I went to go grab some bottles of water from a convenient store across the street (in the fest water was more expensive than pop which makes no fucking sense to me)...I had already been in there with outside water earlier but security wouldn't let me through this time...

So I decided to hang outside the fence for a minute or two and after 45 minutes of satanic organ music while Morbid Angel was rock starring their way onto the stage I just said fuck it and went back to the hotel...which in turn meant I also missed Tsjuder and Winter.

haha that sounds like when I saw Immortal and Manowar. I got so sick of waiting for Manowar I fucking left and drove the 100km back home from Toronto to St. Catharines.

Read about it the next day on BW&BK forums, they said Manowar sucked, were massive douches, kept complaining etc. so I was glad I left and didn't stick around for that shit.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-30-2012 at 06:11 AM

I guess towards the end of the set Trey was having guitar difficulties so he just left, and they played as a 3 piece.
3rdDistrict

[*] posted on 5-30-2012 at 06:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent  
Yes I saw that on the B9 too, I'd heard about this somewhere before.

Dude just couldn't wait to let people know that little factoid lol. That pictures not even from the show (they played in daylight) so he went out of his way to find a picture with that tattoo for dramatic flair to coincide w/ the interview.

Bottom line is the dude is in a band singing about funeral bogs and other metally shit now...not whatever backwards shit he's spewing in that old interview. If you're looking to metal for intelligence and social relevance you're probably doing it wrong...

There was plenty of people there that could have said something to this guy if they were that concerned...he was even working their merch booth so it's not like he went into hiding after their performance. Instead they had a line blocking half the merch area off BEFORE they even had their shit out, then sold out of their shirts in like 20 minutes.

this maybe why i grew up on socially concience punk and listen to hardcore. idiots like that dont come around unless they blend in well with the train hopper/metal/whatever type
i caouple of people told me bands with these ideals sometimes play mdf, and its def one of the reasons they dont go.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-30-2012 at 08:36 AM

Also, part of the reason why metal shows are better than hardcore shows. Less drama and social agendas that don't mean anything once the show is over. People are there for music, not to pretend like they're making a difference in the world outside of their genre of music.

When extreme lefty bands like Napalm Death are on the same bill as a band where some guy drew a swastika on his trapper keeper 20 years ago...that's one guy in a band who aren't espousing any politcal rhetoric in their lyrics in a field of 50 bands...not sure how that makes the whole MDF element some evil bonehead haven.

panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-30-2012 at 10:31 AM

you hate fests? then look at this. :)
so awesome.

http://www.hellfest.fr/artistes

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-30-2012 at 10:44 AM

yeah that lineup is retarded...I would love to go...then hate my choice after hour 4 of day one.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-30-2012 at 11:06 AM

I heard Godflesh played some fest in Maryland over the weekend.
Would have liked to see it.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top