Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Your total balances on credit cards only?
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-16-2005 at 01:52 PM

incentives are rad. thanks to business expenses and travel, i've easily got 250,000 continental frequent flier miles.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-16-2005 at 03:51 PM

holy shit!
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-16-2005 at 04:11 PM

i've been saving them up for about eight years now. i've only cashed them out once - 70,000 for two tickets to aruba. it adds up pretty quickly if you stay within the network of companies. figure, about twice a year i fly from NYC to SF, rent a car, and stay in a hotel for a week. that's...

2500 miles for the flight out
1950 miles for the hotel stay ($130 * 6 nights * 2.5miles)
500 miles for the car rental
2500 miles for the flight back
-------
7450 miles

AND that all gets charged to my chase/continental card, which gives me two miles per dollar spent ON TOP OF the miles earned from the partner company. that trip can easily run $1500 for just the flight/hotel/car, so that's another 3000 miles for the actual expense, bringing the grand total for a week long business trip to over 10,000 miles.

during the dotcom heyday five or six years ago, i made this trip at least once a month, hence the huge balance. like i said, it's all a game, and i try REAL hard to make sure i'm winning!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 7-16-2005 at 05:42 PM

I can't even be approved for a $100 gas card. I have no credit and no way of establishing it. Sucks too because I'm 22 and can't even move out if I wanted to because of this.

^^^^^ That's what is the most messed up thing about credit. Getting it is hard and trying to get rid of it is even harder. It is a very good idea to get some credit however you can but BE EXTREMELY careful..

good luck.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 7-16-2005 at 05:56 PM

Also thanks for the kind words Holly.

They are taken to heart. You are right I should begin to focus more on my boy even before he's born. To be honest. I have been so stressed and working like crasy to make as much money as possible to pay on bills and create some sort of savings for him is hard. Money will always be an issue in our society for better or worse whe it comes to a growing family. Our boy will be our first. So it's a rollercoaster of emotions lately.

Let's just say I invested $8.99 4 days ago on the movie WALLSTREET after previous thread on THORP got me in the mood for it. The speech in the movie where Michael Douglas says "Greed is good".

Honestly that is EXACTLY how the creditors of banks and financial institutions must believe. Nothing wrong with that I mean it's a business. But damn Mr Discover card! If your going to fuck me at least make me breakfast in the morning.
THORP
Super Administrator

Mood: Evil Conduct, Brains, Hank III

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 10:35 AM

A good thing to do is to go to one of those Consumer Debt Counseling agencies, they can close all your accounts, negotiate lower rates (they got me down to 6% on mosty cards) and then you send them a money order every month and that's it.

BUT - only do this if you don't plan on taking out other loans until the cards ar epaid because it will be on your credit score until you are done with the agency.

this helped me save thousands in interest.

as for Credit Cards in general, THORP RECORDS would not exist without them.
The entire label was started by my maxing out 8 cards. Right now I am juggling about 30 cards to fund the label. ALL WORTH IT. And because i have never been late, about 15 of my cards are 0%. That's free money for a year on all of them - hence so many releases this year. ha

Credit Cards are like a knife, they can kill or spread butter!! I prefer butter.

-THORP
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 7-18-2005 at 12:22 AM

Credit Cards are like a knife, they can kill or spread butter!! I prefer butter.

-THORP

^^^^^^ Nice!
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 7-18-2005 at 10:57 AM

That seems like a magical place or an island oasis or something. Damn I wish one day I could say that. "Never been in debt in my life". Jsut typing that feels good. :P
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 11:23 AM

Along with being in debt. My motherfucking basement just flooded this weekend. Now I have more debt. SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!
Thats Life

Mood: Integrity

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 12:26 PM

Luckily i stayed away from credit cards and now my credit is just so bad they don't even offer them to me at all so i dont have the temptation.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 7-20-2005 at 01:27 AM

I have jsut paid off my wifes CHASE card. They increased her limit to 10,200 but they will not lower her interest rate of 29.49%

even though we have brought the balance down from 9,000 to 0 in 1 year. FUCKING ASSHOLES!!!
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 7-20-2005 at 01:39 PM

I have mine under control, but it never really seems to end. I need a new windshield for my car & I just bought $82 worth of records.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 7-30-2005 at 12:36 AM

FUCKERS STILLL WILL NOT LOWER THE INTEREST RATE. 0 FUCKING BALANCE AND WILL NOT LOWER IT. from 10,000 balance too 0 in one fucking year. NEVER LATE AND ALWAYS PAID WAY THE FUCK MORE THAN ASKED TOO.

Anyway. We will keep that card and NEVER use it. Apperently that stuff about closing cards really is a big no no. So hey maybe this way we will use them. I have visions of destroying creditcard companies. FUCK THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)
GabeTexasGAMC
* GROWN *

Mood: Teenage Fanclub

[*] posted on 7-30-2005 at 05:13 AM

i refuse to answer the question.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 7-30-2005 at 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
I have jsut paid off my wifes CHASE card. They increased her limit to 10,200 but they will not lower her interest rate of 29.49%

even though we have brought the balance down from 9,000 to 0 in 1 year. FUCKING ASSHOLES!!!

How the fuck can they charge 29.49% interest? The highest I've ever paid on a card was 18.99%. I'd never get a card with interest that high. That's fucked.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 7-30-2005 at 03:05 PM

It's a new law that they can legally charge the max if they chose any reason too. Our reason for this is last year my wife was laid off at work and for 2 months had no job. Then got one but during that 2 months we they were without payment for 45 days. YES Just 45 days. Never been late EVER and had a great creidt rating. Every other card worked with us but they refused to. And have fucked with the wrong people. Finally we have them paid off and will never give them anohter dime. FUCK YOU CHASE and I am well aware you guys just bought up BANK ONE so I will never do business with you fuckers either. FUCK CHASE!
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top