Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: hey guitar players
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 06:23 PM
hey guitar players

I know there's probably a few on here besides Mark Lind......
I am looking to buy a new guitar, it's been close to 20 years since I last purchased one.
I am leaning towards something in the way of a classic Fender, but am obviously on a budget.
A friend told me that the ones manufactured in Japan are priced fairly, and are of good quality.
I have a few online that I am seriously considering.
Do any of you have any opinions on this?
I've been out of the loop forever with this shit.

Mind you I am far from being a guitar "player" and would just like something that sounds nice, is comfortable and i can screw around with.

The 84 BC Rich Warlock custom in my living room is nothing but a chunky decoration that I trip over when coming in with a load on when the lights are off.....so out with the old ya know?
bombidol
Posting Freak

Mood: Wisdom In Chains

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 09:14 PM

Yamaha Pacifica is a really really good basic starter guitar. Classic strat shape without the crapness of a fender Squire etc.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 10:39 PM

Mexican strat.
epiphone sg

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 11:37 AM

84 Warlock Custom eh? That is pretty cool. I for one love B.C. Rich guitars and am the proud owner of a KKV Flying V signature series. I also have a 1993 Gibson Explorer, which I still play all the time and it is just as good as the day I got it.

Personally I have always been more of a Gibson guy as opposed to a Fender guy, but my old man just got a Fender that was made in Mexico and I have to say its a nice guitar. Sounds great, looks great and workmanship is top notch. As far as how it plays? I don't really like how any Fender feels so that is just a personal matter.

As Clevo said the Epiphone SG is a great guitar for the money as well.

You might want to look online for used guitars as well. Go look at them first of course, but there are some insane deals out there. By B.C. Rich was used. Dude has it for 6 months and needed to sell it asap. I came along at the right time and bought it.

BKT.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 04:30 PM

I have been told that the difference from a Japan Strat and a Mexican Strat is night and day. The difference of a American strat and a mexican strat is big, but not like the other two. This is comparing standard models of course. SO for the money the Mexi would be the way to go for quality and price.

Like btk, I'd personally chose the Epiphone sg for versatility. More suited for everything the strat can do plus Metal, hardcore right out of the box. The strat will give a brighter sound and the epiphone will give a more rounded beefier tone.

If you haven't yet, go here. It's my little secret place to get used gear for a good price. Also to compare prices in stores. I got my Gibson sg standard here. It's guitar center but used gear online. They will ship it to your closest store or your home. Basically every single guitar centers used gear without driving. It's rad. Just type what you want and it will load every stores inventory of that item.

http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/index.cfm

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 05:05 PM

thanks guys.
I found what I wanted, and grabbed it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221039609966?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:I...

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 05:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BKT  
84 Warlock Custom eh? That is pretty cool. I for one love B.C. Rich guitars and am the proud owner of a KKV Flying V signature series. I also have a 1993 Gibson Explorer, which I still play all the time and it is just as good as the day I got it.

Personally I have always been more of a Gibson guy as opposed to a Fender guy, but my old man just got a Fender that was made in Mexico and I have to say its a nice guitar. Sounds great, looks great and workmanship is top notch. As far as how it plays? I don't really like how any Fender feels so that is just a personal matter.

As Clevo said the Epiphone SG is a great guitar for the money as well.

You might want to look online for used guitars as well. Go look at them first of course, but there are some insane deals out there. By B.C. Rich was used. Dude has it for 6 months and needed to sell it asap. I came along at the right time and bought it.

BKT.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 07:01 PM

Always wanted an SG
My one friend, who is a bit older than I (53) has had the same SG since the early 80s.
3 humbuckers custom wired, the works, cream white.
he is like eh maybe I'll sell it.
I told him no way, you'll regret it
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 08:19 PM

that warlock is a beauty!

I can recomend an LTD/ESP. I have a guitar and a bass and both are real nice and were not to pricey.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 6-9-2012 at 11:59 PM

Ya the LTD's are played by many people live no a days I've noticed and they are priced right with some kick ass pickups and pearl inlays. They are made overseas but they are some kick ass guitars. I played them a couple times are guitar center. They feel nice.

About JD's new jaguar, I've honestly never played one but always wanted too. I know they are supposed to be really versatile. They look really comfortable to play.

I would like to afford another SG and I would definitely get a cream colored one much like your friends. They look so bad ass in that color. The triple humbucker is a bonus. I'd never part with it if I was that dude.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-10-2012 at 12:33 PM

I'm just looking to learn how to play a bunch of old c&r songs, perhaps some oldies, and maybe make some stuff with a friend in their home rehersal thing, while drinking.
downloaded a crap load of tablature and basic lessons.

was in a lounge last night in WCPA and was kind of inspired watching this house band pump out everything from Jimmy McGriff to the Temptations to some 70s soul stuff. the guitar player and bass player were smokin. Guys made it look easy and were loving doing it.
the simple things in life, all I need.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 6-10-2012 at 07:54 PM

Dude, I'm doing the same thing. Enjoying it. I'm learning some ZZ TOP GNR and Kravitz among others. Digging the zz top tunes. So awesome to play. Takes a while to get the rhythm, but its fun.

Go To Top