Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: UFC’s Nick Ring rushes to rescue of couple being mugged in Calgary
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 07:11 AM
UFC’s Nick Ring rushes to rescue of couple being mugged in Calgary

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/ufc-nick-ring-r...

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 11:01 AM

Amazing.

BKT.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 01:05 PM

.I have a feeling one of these guys is going to get himself killed. Especially with this guy's attitude. Any one of those kids could have pulled a gun or a knife and ended his life... and it doesn't take courage or bravery to do that.

I watched a video a while back pf Uriah Faber telling a story about a trip he took to Bali and a fight he got into there at a club. Dude ended up doing the smart thing and running like hell because the guys he was dighting with and his pals were more than willing to stomp him, stab him and leave him for dead.

BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 01:44 PM

Ya it might eventually happen. I think that is the thing with getting involved in situations like this. Before I had a family that I am responsible for, I had gotten involved in things like this many times. I did what I felt was the right thing to do and stuck up for people that found themselves in a bad situation and were not accustomed to the use of violence. To be honest I felt it my duty to stick up for them and help them out. I have alway had that feeling in me, then I got married, got a dog, a house and most importantly had a child and am no longer willing to 1) get myself killed or more likely 2) end up in jail for helping someone.

Getting stabbed or shot in these situations can happen, but it is far more likely you will end up with a criminal record as the law loves to look out for the criminal and does not give one good god damn shit about victims.

BKT.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 03:19 PM

What worries me about this particular story is the fearless attitude of Nick Ring. It's like he thinks he's invincible. I don't know if that's a product of his training and whatever kind of stupid arrogance that might have put into him to believe he's a goddamn superhero, or if it's just straight up ignorance on his end about the very real possibility of getting wasted in situations like this.

As a martial artist, I feel the same way. Unfortunately, you also have to be smart in these kinds of situations. If you go into it saying "they're cowards, no bravery. I'm not afraid of any of these punks because they are cowards" you're asking for trouble and you're not going to be prepared if one pulls a knife or a gun. And then you end up like Kick-Ass on his first day out in costume.... stabbed nearly to death, and hit by a car.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-9-2012 at 07:22 AM

I agree with you guys.
Had a friend years ago, came out of a bar and saw a similar situation in a parking lot.
He stepped up and confronted the guy and ended up getting stabbed 15 times in the torso.
tore up real bad and almost didn't make it.
and to top that off, the stabber tried to press charges of assault on him.

Go To Top