Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 9-29-2012 at 03:28 AM

That's sounds pretty good.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-29-2012 at 07:20 AM

interesting. hopefully it's not super limited.

speaking of which, i got my hands on a bottle of dark intrigue last week. talking w/ a bar tender at a local restaurant, he mentioned that they had a case or two but that thy don't list it on the menu. SOLD!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-29-2012 at 07:44 AM

I still feel bad about that bud.
It was a bad day and it was on my kitchen counter.
ahhhh

Victory needs to have those events on a Saturday though.
I'l be at work anyway and I am in Norristown so getting that far on Thanksgiving Eve is a no way in hell deal.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-29-2012 at 07:59 AM

no worries.

i didn't get the impression that this one was going to be limited - hopefully it'll be available to working joes.

also, you see this: http://victorybeer.com/expansion/

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-29-2012 at 09:12 AM

Don't you live pretty close to the new spot?
I wish I was closer.
Downingtown is way too far for me to enjoy to it's fullest.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-29-2012 at 09:54 AM

very. walking distance (if need be!)
as much as i appreciate having a resource like victory so close, it's be nice if i was more into their beers. they have a lot of hoppy beers, which aren't my favorite. now if i lived that close to sly fox...

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-29-2012 at 11:47 AM

I have been into English and German beer more than hoppy stuff lately.
I love a good Kellerbeer.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-20-2012 at 03:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BDx13  
speaking of which, i got my hands on a bottle of dark intrigue last week. talking w/ a bar tender at a local restaurant, he mentioned that they had a case or two but that thy don't list it on the menu. SOLD!

quinn... finally got into this bottle tonight. me and paulie cracked it open at his bar. i hadn't had any in nearly two years and it was EXACTLY as i remembered. delicious.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-23-2012 at 10:11 PM

Awesome man, and again, I apologize for swigging the bottle I had on reserve for you.It was a bad night is all I'm saying.......

Hope you and Paulie enjoyed it.

I ran to the beer store today to grab a case to bring to the family Christmas Eve party and happened upon some bottles of the Red Thunder.

I grabbed one and have it chilling right now.

I've had the flu or something for a week now,and am sweating it out, blowing my nose every 3 minutes, but am dying to crack it, which I may shortly.

If I like it, I am going to run over to the place in the morning and grab a couple more.

I still haven't seen any of the Dark Intrigue this year. Last year my supermarket, in Drexel Hill of all places had it and didn't know how to price it!
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-26-2012 at 10:35 PM

haven't tried the red thunder, but it's readily available so i'll try to pick some up soon. still not sure about the red wine factor, though...

you seen oak horizontal? their barleywine asked in bourbon barrels.
http://beerstreetjournal.com/get-ready-for-barrel-aged-oak-h...

no dark intrigue this year, unfortunately. 2010 and 2011 only. i did manage to get another bottle of the 2011 over the weekend. my cousin picked one up, too. we drank is, mine is still chillin'.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-27-2012 at 03:36 PM

I don't think I ever tried Old Horizontal in it's normal version.

If I see it I will grab one.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-28-2012 at 10:44 AM

careful. it's called that for a reason!

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 01:08 PM

so i was in victory for lunch last week...

turns out the Red Thunder was a limited run (i was under the impression it would be pretty readily available - guess not) and they had 500 people lined up on release day. victory is sold out, but i may ask at a couple local restaurants that keep some items off the menu.

i picked up a bottle of oak horizontal while i was there. haven't tried it yet, but i have i high hopes as i was a fan of their old horizontal.

also, looks like there'll be a new take on the Golden Monkey...the White Monkey:
http://victorybeer.com/news/victory-golden-monkey-evolves/

DOWNINGTOWN, PA – Victory Brewing Company brewmasters, Ron Barchet and Bill Covaleski, are extending the family of Victory beers to include White Monkey, a white wine barrel aged version of the brewery’s popular Belgian-style tripel, Golden Monkey. This limited edition release, bottled in corked 750ml bottles, will be offered to the public starting March 2, 2013.

“Our Golden Monkey is beloved by many, so we anticipate some heartfelt responses to our intriguing transformation of this beer,” expressed Victory brewmaster Bill Covaleski. “The wine barrel aging has had a substantial and delicious impact on the Golden Monkey.”
Approximately 100 oak barrels that once held chardonnay varietal white wine from Wente Vineyards of Livermore, CA were filled with Golden Monkey and aged at ambient temperatures in the Downingtown brewery for 3 months. This process is an extension of an experiment dating back 6 years prior, when a single oak barrel once holding white wine from local vintner, Chaddsford Winery, was used in a similar manner to produce a test batch which never left the brewery. Deemed delicious by Victory brewmasters and brewing staff, the White Monkey project was made possible through a collaborative partnership with Wente Vineyards.

Extending a streak of barrel aged Victory beers, White Monkey follows the November 2012 release of red wine barrel aged Baltic Thunder, dubbed ‘Red Thunder,’ and the December 2012 release of bourbon barrel aged Old Horizontal Barleywine, then emerging as ‘Oak Horizontal.’ Prior to these critically acclaimed, limited release offerings, Victory had offered a delicious version of it’s Storm King Stout aged in bourbon barrels which was named ‘Dark Intrigue’ in 2010 and 2011.

Bottling will yield approximately 2,800 cases, making this beer available in the Victory distribution territories of Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, northern Virginia, New York City, Massachusetts, South Carolina, Georgia, Texas, Colorado and Florida.

To celebrate this historic evolution of Victory’s #2 selling brew, the Downingtown brewpub will be hosting “In Like A Monkey” festivities on Saturday, March 2, which will include a special beer breakfast featuring dishes paired to both Golden Monkey and White Monkey. Restaurant and retail operations will open at 8am for case and bottle purchases of White Monkey.

Dennis Mc

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 02:02 PM

My girls brother works for Wente. I'll be in PA when this is released so hopefully I can get my hands on some.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 09:20 PM

I'd like to try the white Monkey.
I made the ill fated mistake of drinking too much Golden Monkey once......didn't remember anything.
Dennis Mc

[*] posted on 2-3-2013 at 06:33 PM

Today I'm making non traditional black and tans using Golden Monkey and Young's Double Chocolate Stout. I call it a Chocolate Monkey.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-4-2013 at 07:09 AM

Sounds dangerous.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-4-2013 at 04:23 PM

holy hell, dennis. how's that work out?

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-4-2013 at 04:26 PM

i had a couple oak horizontal over the weekend. interesting, but not earth shattering for me. definitely a creamy oak flavor, but the oak's not overbearing. heavy stuff, though, you'll catch a quick buzz.

looking forward to giving the white monkey a whirl, but i expect about the same level of enthusiasm from me. the dark intrigue is fucking hard to beat.

Go To Top