Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Really cool time lapse video of Toronto.
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-10-2012 at 09:37 PM
Really cool time lapse video of Toronto.

Toronto. Born and raised, it's the place that shaped me. I have memories dating back over 30 years in that city. I have seen it grow first hand, I have spent many, may, many nights in its streets calling it my play ground. I have met my best friends in that city, I have lost friends in that city. People move there from other places and call it home, but you can never have that true connection like you have to a place where you were born and raised. I love Toronto and have been homesick for it since the day I left. This video is amazing and I can name every spot in it and drop a mind blowing story that went down on almost every corner. I love you Toronto.

City Rising from Tom Ryaboi on Vimeo.

BKT.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 10-11-2012 at 12:56 AM

Kinda bummed there was no image of Sam's and I couldn't pick up anything of Queen St West. Some of it made me wish I was back there working again but then seeing the time lapse of the traffic and the truck taking like 4 lights to go anywhere, screw that haha.

I worked in the Scotia tower for a summer and made it up to the 50 something floor in the BMO building, shit is insanely high up.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 10-11-2012 at 05:18 AM

Looks like a really nice place. Is it the most populated City of Canada? Seems like traffic is intense.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-11-2012 at 09:10 AM

It's a great place and yes it's the largest city in Canada.

Traffic is a nightmare though. It actually now rivals LA for commute times.

BKT.

BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-11-2012 at 09:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Six66Mike  
Kinda bummed there was no image of Sam's and I couldn't pick up anything of Queen St West. Some of it made me wish I was back there working again but then seeing the time lapse of the traffic and the truck taking like 4 lights to go anywhere, screw that haha.

I worked in the Scotia tower for a summer and made it up to the 50 something floor in the BMO building, shit is insanely high up.

Queen West is a great neighbour hood and growing like crazy.

BKT.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 10-11-2012 at 07:05 PM

I remember living in Long Branch and I had my dad's truck one week when he was fishing. I was doing a placement at Branksome Hall, it took 45-60 minutes to drive there. Fucking nuts. Commuting St Catharines to Havergal College was a bitch too, I did that for 9 months before I went on my first Australia trip.

Queen West change is kinda sad, seeing the fire there a few years ago and finding out Big Bop was closing sucks. That whole area isn't gonna be remotely familiar to me next time I'm around (probably December/January for a brief visit).

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-11-2012 at 08:24 PM

very cool.

I spent a little time up in Canada many years ago when a friend who moved here (Philly area) from there (Windsor) passed away.
One of the things that I really remember is pretty much everyone being nice, and doing rather well for only having what I would call modest jobs / careers. it seemed easier to get ahead I guess.
I ate well and drank like a sailor.
had some Moose in fact.
The mammal, not a chubby broad.
And they were drinking this disgusting assed clamoto juice mixed with their beers ha-ha.
I wish I had time when I was there to see more.
Aside from the unexpected tragedy in their lives, most of them seemed happier than the people I lived around.

Go To Top