Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 911 of a breakin in my town last night
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 10-19-2012 at 04:20 PM
911 of a breakin in my town last night

where the husband shot the perp dead.

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2012/10/19/police-elyria-...

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-19-2012 at 05:10 PM

Good for the husband, I hope he is not charged.

BKT.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 10-19-2012 at 10:56 PM

Funny you brought that up. Legally, he was aware of the potential for this to happen again and intentionally left the window unlocked. So he could be charged. Hate to say it, but its true.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-20-2012 at 08:10 AM

So they'd been burglarized before and this guy wanted to pop whoever did it?

Sounds like that guy in Texas that went to his neighbor's house to tell him to keep it down, waved his gun around and when the neighbor got his gun, shot him and claimed self defense. While on the phone with 911.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-20-2012 at 08:32 AM

anyone who is itching to waste someone needs to be locked up.

plus it is really dumb to tempt fate.

what if the perp got the upper hand and shot first?

plus if dude is openly admitting to it all he is a jack ass.

that aside, I don't have any issue with someone shooting somebody breaking into their home to rob, rape or pillage.

I work with a couple guys who have an artificial sense of security because they carry everywhere they go, and always boast about how they'd shoot someone. Thing is they are both pussies without their sidearm.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 10-20-2012 at 12:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JawnDiablo  

that aside, I don't have any issue with someone shooting somebody breaking into their home to rob, rape or pillage.

I work with a couple guys who have an artificial sense of security because they carry everywhere they go, and always boast about how they'd shoot someone. Thing is they are both pussies without their sidearm.

^^^^^ I know people like that. Boast about CCW, but are real quiet when not carrying.

This dude has every right to defend his home, and did the right thing by notifying the police about the previous evening theft. However, to say your staking out your property with the intention to kill the perp is skating on thin ice. It's like leaving your door wide open for anyone to walk in.

The thing is my town has been the subject of so many BnE's and robberies. In fact the NEW YORK TIMES wrote a piece on Elyria of all places. We have declined in past 20 years faster than most any cities. I kid you not, downtown is like a walking amongst zombies. Nothing, but homeless early release prisoners and addicts at all hours. Its a shit hole anymore. They bath in the fountain downtown.

This is the article and the link contains the entire series of stories.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/14/us/this-land-corner-of-hop...

Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-20-2012 at 03:13 PM

It's not like the police are gonna post up a couple of officers outside your house in case someone comes back. You shouldn't have to lock your windows when you sleep in your own home. Good for him. Glad I'm from Colorado & now living in Texas where it's perfectly OK to shoot an intruder, as long as it's not in the back. & yeah, unfortunately there are a lot of trigger happy nuts out there just hoping that someday someone fucks with their shit so they can feel like a big man for shooting them.

record collectors are pretentious assholes
necrobutcher

[*] posted on 10-20-2012 at 03:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by clevohardcore  
Quote: Originally posted by JawnDiablo  

^^^^^ I know people like that. Boast about CCW, but are real quiet when not carrying.

This dude has every right to defend his home, and did the right thing by notifying the police about the previous evening theft. However, to say your staking out your property with the intention to kill the perp is skating on thin ice. It's like leaving your door wide open for anyone to walk in.

The thing is my town has been the subject of so many BnE's and robberies. In fact the NEW YORK TIMES wrote a piece on Elyria of all places. We have declined in past 20 years faster than most any cities. I kid you not, downtown is like a walking amongst zombies. Nothing, but homeless early release prisoners and addicts at all hours. Its a shit hole anymore. They bath in the fountain downtown.

This is the article and the link contains the entire series of stories.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/14/us/this-land-corner-of-hop...

Clevo, you live in Elyria? I just read the story. It reminds me of a few towns in northern PA I grew up around.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-20-2012 at 03:54 PM

Like I was saying, I've no problem with someone protecting their home / family with lethal use of force, it's just the fuckers that are itching to put lead in someone I have an issue with.

Clevo, are you back in Law Enforcement ?
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 10-20-2012 at 04:41 PM

No, I am testing in Columbus next week for Columbus PD. Haven't landed a new job yet. I was painting a picture of how this town is right now. We have so many people that have been breaking an entering victims in Elyria they are now publicly displaying homemade signs in yards saying they are armed so don't bother them. It's crazy. So of course that boils over and makes others mad, as if they have to take matters into there own hands. That is pretty much what this person did. Is it wrong? Is it right? Is it fucked up? Yes.

Go To Top