Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Cop tasers 10 year old kid
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

thumbdown.gif posted on 11-1-2012 at 12:31 AM
Cop tasers 10 year old kid

Never wanted to smash someone in the face or tear them apart by reading something online as much as I do right now.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-buzz/officer-shoots-10-...

Quote:
This couldn't have been the lesson that the Tularosa New Mexico Intermediate School staff were expecting on "career day."

Chris Webb, an officer with the New Mexico Department of Public Safety, is being sued after allegedly using a Taser on a 10-year-old boy in an attempt to demonstrate what happens when people disobey the police.

According to the complaint filed, Webb had asked a group of young boys if they'd like to clean his patrol unit during his career day visit. Several of the boys had agreed to the chore while one boy was, well, less than thrilled.

Webb then pointed the Taser at the boy, saying "let me show you what happens to people who do not listen to the police," RT reports.

The child reportedly blacked out after receiving 50,000 volts of electricity from the two barbs taken in the chest, but the deplorable story gets worse.

"Instead of calling emergency medical personnel, Officer Webb pulled out the barbs and took the boy to the school principal's office," says RT. The boy was left with two scars on his chest that have been described in court as "cigarette burns."

"The boy, R.D., has woken up in the middle of the night holding his chest, afraid he is never going to wake up again," says legal guardian Rachel Higgins, speaking of the child's case of post-traumatic stress disorder. "No reasonable officer confronting a situation where the need for force is at its lowest, on a playground with elementary age children, would have deployed the Taser in so reckless a manner as to cause physical and psychological injury."

On behalf of the child, Higgins is currently suing Officer Webb and the New Mexico Department of Public Safety, seeking punitive damages for a host of charges including excessive force, battery, unreasonable seizure, failure to render emergency medical care, and negligent hiring, training, supervision and retention, RT reports.

Sued? really? How the fuck are there not felony criminal charges filed against the fucking cunt? Aggravated assault, battery, injury to a child... prison for a very long time, not a fucking lawsuit.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 11-1-2012 at 06:50 AM

Pretty fucking stupid on the cops behalf.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-1-2012 at 09:16 AM

he doesn't still have his job, does he?

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-1-2012 at 02:56 PM

This pig should be lit on fire and laughed at as he burns to death.

BKT.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 11-1-2012 at 04:58 PM

I'd venture to say if he still does have his job, he will lose it.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-1-2012 at 07:33 PM

Quote:
Following the May 4 incident, Webb, who claims he accidentally discharged the Taser, was given only a three-day suspension.

http://www.salon.com/2012/10/31/cop_used_taser_gun_on_10_yea...

Fucking ridiculous.

LiveLeak has put his Facebook profile up on their news story also.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-1-2012 at 11:35 PM

doesn't surprise me that this was in New Mexico.....

record collectors are pretentious assholes
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 11-2-2012 at 10:04 AM

People should be picketing the station he is based out of demanding he be fired and criminally charged.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 11-2-2012 at 11:22 AM

The Taser is not a lethal. Not defending the ass, just saying it's not going to be treated like he shot the kid with a gun. The taser use will be treated similar to if he had used OC pepper spray. Meaning it wont be a strict punishment. The strict punishment will come from the How and Why he used it. If he can prove the kid was acutally attacking and threatening bodily force then he will get off. If what is being said in the article is true then he should lose his job.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-2-2012 at 02:22 PM

if a cop feels threatened by a 10 year old, then he shouldn't be a cop in the first place......
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 11-2-2012 at 04:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JawnDiablo  
if a cop feels threatened by a 10 year old, then he shouldn't be a cop in the first place......

^^^^^ Your very wrong. The first thing you learn in the Academy is never under any circumstances underestimate anyone. Even an elderly grandmother. Many instances involving children have taken out Officers of the law. Including children services, Probation Officers and those related.
In this case however at least in this story the kid was never a threat. Admittedly we are only getting one side of the story in this thread.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-2-2012 at 07:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by clevohardcore  
Quote: Originally posted by JawnDiablo  

^^^^^ Your very wrong. The first thing you learn in the Academy is never under any circumstances underestimate anyone. Even an elderly grandmother. Many instances involving children have taken out Officers of the law. Including children services, Probation Officers and those related.
In this case however at least in this story the kid was never a threat. Admittedly we are only getting one side of the story in this thread.

I get what you're saying man.
Just most of the cops I have come in contact with in recent years are pretty Diesel guys with 20 inch necks, armed to the teeth with a Kevlar vest on all day.
They don't seem to be intimidated by a tank.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 11-3-2012 at 03:27 AM

Atleast the cop didn't snipe him like the pubescent boy in Georgia.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/28/andrew-messinas-par...
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 11-3-2012 at 12:14 PM

Sorry, but that story in Georgia is clearly a threat. Known of us were there, but that 16 year old kid should have known better. A gun is not a toy and threatening suicide is not something to be taken lightly. Law Enforcement is not perfect and neither are we. An disturbed person with a gun is a threat to everyone no matter the age.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-3-2012 at 08:33 PM

Yeah tasing a 10 year old at a school for saying no is worlds apart from shooting a 16 year old with a gun. I don't see the point of shooting a suicidal kid anyway but that's another story. Send a Psychologist to talk to him over the phone, he wasn't threatening his family in any way, don't trat him like he's holding people hostage with the intent to injur or kill them.

BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-5-2012 at 10:16 PM

You can all argue all you want, but the pig that tased the 10 year old is a sick piece of shit and should be done away with.

BKT.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 11-5-2012 at 11:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BKT  
You can all argue all you want, but the pig that tased the 10 year old is a sick piece of shit and should be done away with.

BKT.

^^^^ We all agree. The other kid. Not so much. Guns are not a novelty to use when you are mad or frustrated. Sorry, but a gun is the ticket to the big leagues. Grab a gun, its a whole other world.

BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-6-2012 at 12:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by clevohardcore  
Quote: Originally posted by BKT  

BKT.

^^^^ We all agree. The other kid. Not so much. Guns are not a novelty to use when you are mad or frustrated. Sorry, but a gun is the ticket to the big leagues. Grab a gun, its a whole other world.

I have to agree with you there. That story was sad and ended badly, but you're right when you bring a gun the rules change. I look at it like this, keep in mind I was not there, but if a kid was waving a gun at me and I had one I would shoot him as well.

BKT.

Go To Top