Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: as usual
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 11-5-2012 at 11:18 PM
as usual

The STRIFE cd will not be available anywhere so I will have to order and wait. I dislike the way things are in the music industry anymore. Things were so nice when you had a shop within a 40 mile radius that you could always go to for the goods. The bullshit these days with with itunes and shit. It sucks. I WANT THE REAL THING. I WANT TO READ THE LINER NOTES. I WANT A REAL FUCKING CD ON THE RELEASE DATE.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
sentrand
Posting Freak

Mood: hate riot 513,sheer terror, yuppicide, joe coffee

[*] posted on 11-6-2012 at 12:30 AM

i hate waiting!!!!!!!

I'm a jerk. All night,I'm seeing Sentrand and thinking "Where do I know that guy from?".
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 11-6-2012 at 08:32 AM

Why don't you preorder? The cd is available for three weeks now from the label. And then you would have it on the release date.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-6-2012 at 11:03 AM

unfortunately, that's the way things are now. not enough people are going to the brick-and-mortar stores to buy the physical product, so they stop carrying it. you either buy digital or order online. i'm a frugal motherfucker, so it always surprises me how people are willing to constantly pay shipping fees for something they used to be able to buy in person with relative ease.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 11-6-2012 at 11:24 AM

i like these preorder option because sometime come nice goodies or exclusive shirts with it. this relatives postage for me. when i buy the lp or cd in a store and order a shirt right after, i pay the same postage, so i can combine it.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 11-6-2012 at 01:14 PM

The few preorders I have used the item always arrived later. I get the cd 5 days after its release. I miss the days of hitting a store early and being able to find what you wanted. Now when you hit a record store they look at you and say shit like "Strife who" "Sick of it all? What a strange name" or "Bad Brains?" with a stupid face look. Back in the day, record store ownership was a profession and the owners new the product.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 11-6-2012 at 10:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by clevohardcore  
The few preorders I have used the item always arrived later. I get the cd 5 days after its release. I miss the days of hitting a store early and being able to find what you wanted. Now when you hit a record store they look at you and say shit like "Strife who" "Sick of it all? What a strange name" or "Bad Brains?" with a stupid face look. Back in the day, record store ownership was a profession and the owners new the product.

I am very interested in this album and will most likely just dl it from iTunes.

I used to take off work on Tuesdays to hit the record store. I'd go in right as they open, buy the disk, head home and drink beer while I listened, read lyrics and liner notes. Even when I had an apartment, I'd still just got sit in my bedroom and do this. I'd get band names from the liner notes then wait for them to release albums. Man, it was always an adventure.
CR83

[*] posted on 11-6-2012 at 10:58 PM

OK, you talked me into it. I just bought from itunes
rollinpinmim

[*] posted on 11-7-2012 at 12:09 AM

I never purchased an mp3 file. I just can't grasp the concept of forking over money for something you physically can't hold in your hands. I still buy CDs and vinyl. If it's only a digital release, I refuse to pay for it.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 11-7-2012 at 12:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by sentrand  
i hate waiting!!!!!!!

"WAAAAIIITTTTIIIINNGGGG"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-strife

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 11-7-2012 at 12:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by CR83  
Quote: Originally posted by clevohardcore  

I am very interested in this album and will most likely just dl it from iTunes.

I used to take off work on Tuesdays to hit the record store. I'd go in right as they open, buy the disk, head home and drink beer while I listened, read lyrics and liner notes. Even when I had an apartment, I'd still just got sit in my bedroom and do this. I'd get band names from the liner notes then wait for them to release albums. Man, it was always an adventure.

^^^ Nice memories for sure. Something about having the actual cd from a destination. It was like a search and rescue mission for your identity. Bring it home and hopefully be blown away by some good tunes. I dropped them in the tape deck or cd player of the car. Blasted that shit with friends the whole way home. I remember doing that with the first STRIFE cd as a matter of fact.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 11-7-2012 at 10:45 AM

I buy cd's online because even with shipping from the U.S. it's cheaper than buying it at a store. Most of the chain stores don't carry the majority of the stuff I want, and while Toronto has a couple of decent record stores I'm usually not in the mood to deal with the drive and the traffic. If I buy from the label or the band it's, for the most part, cheaper.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
CR83

[*] posted on 11-7-2012 at 11:38 PM

The new Strife release is so fucking good.

Go To Top