Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: comic nerds....digital comics?
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-7-2012 at 11:11 PM
comic nerds....digital comics?

do any of you get down with digital comics? i'm not into comics, but i'd assume you'd want the physical copy - maybe even more than you'd want a record!

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/11/07/dc-puts-all-its-comics-o...

Today, DC Comics announced that its entire lineup of comics are coming to the iBookstore. Previously, only DC's graphic novels were available on the store.

DC Entertainment, the #1 comic book publisher in the U.S., announced today its entire line of periodical comic books are now available for download from the top three e-bookstores including Kindle Store, iBookstore and NOOK Store. The precedent setting new digital availability brings bestselling DC Comics and Vertigo periodical titles, including JUSTICE LEAGUE, BATMAN, SUPERMAN, DETECTIVE COMICS, ACTION COMICS, BATGIRL, WONDER WOMAN, GREEN LANTERN, FABLES and AMERICAN VAMPIRE, among many others, to an even broader audience of digital readers.

DC will continue to deliver comics through its DC Comics and Vertigo apps, as well as the comiXology platform. The inclusion of the comics on the iBookstore is intended to make it easier for comic readers to purchase via their preferred digital outlet.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 11-8-2012 at 08:40 AM

this is where I admit to being a bad person...

I'm the same with comics as I am with music. If I LOVE it and WANT it I will buy it but ONLY an actual hardcopy (CD or LP) but if I dont care that much and I'll just download it then I wont pay for it.

Same with comics. I wanted to read Invincible but it was up to almost issue 100 so I found a torrent for almost all the issues and I downloaded it.

I dont really 'collect' comics anymore with the exception of Deadpool (cause hes badass!) so I dont care that much.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 11-8-2012 at 12:27 PM

A friend sent me a huge collection of digital comics she knew I'd like but I haven't read any of them yet. I'm not a comic collector and don't really read them, but if it's something I really want to have I'll buy it.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 11-8-2012 at 10:42 PM

So does this mean the entire archive all the way back to Superman and Batman #1 will be digital? If so that's cool simply from an archive standpoint (that's my IM nerd coming out haha).

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 11-9-2012 at 01:18 AM

Thats cool but I think I'd rather have hard copies.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-9-2012 at 07:03 AM

I download the walking dead off of a torrent site each month but that is it.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-9-2012 at 08:28 AM

I download comics weekly. Never Marvel, they squash that stuff quick I guess. i'm a DC man. I can't afford to by comics at $3.99 an issue wnd follow as many as I do.

Go To Top