Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: video download peeps
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-23-2012 at 12:32 PM
video download peeps

can you help me find the english show The Old Guys as a digital download? there are two season, twelve episodes total. it's available on dvd...just not in the US.

i'm looking for a traditional file download (zip, rar, etc) as opposed to a torrent, which i can't seem to figure out. all i've been able to find so far are these dodgy sites that require downloading a .exe file first. obviously, that's not happening.

any input or links would be appreciated.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 11-23-2012 at 11:16 PM

S01 DVD seems to be available (The.Old.Guys.S01.DVDRip.XviD-aAF) but I could only find standard 4:3 (PDTV) for S02 (The.Old.Guys.S02.PDTV.XViD-thebox.hannibal) or individual HDTV episodes (no packs, easy enough to get 1 ep at a time).

Wikipedia says season 2 hasn't been released on DVD yet but both are on iTunes. Would you grab them from there?

I could probably get both this weekend and make them available some how. Would just be slow as hell to upload, only about 1.37GB though for each pack.

I could also teach you torrents :P

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-24-2012 at 03:08 PM

I would if i could, Mike, but the US doesn't get them on iTunes or DVD. it was broadcast briefly on PBS here, but it hasn't been on in a while.

would you answer me some torrent basics? i may have a wild misunderstanding about how they work.
- do i have to make files available for others in order to download files myself?
- does the fact that i'm new or that i don't have anything available for DL mean that my own download speeds will be slow? (I feel like I've heard people waiting in line for downloads or DLs taking like 20 hours).
- how closely are ISPs monitoring torrent usage (sites vs files)? i mean, one could access a torrent site for a completely legitimate reason. or are they looking more at the files users are DLing?

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-24-2012 at 09:24 PM

How do you not know how to use a torrent BD? It's super easy. You need a torrent client like BitTorrent and open the torrent file or magnet link and shortly thereafter you'll have everything you're looking for. It's way too easy, actually.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-24-2012 at 10:47 PM

I heard Demonoid is back up but can't seem to connect
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 11-24-2012 at 11:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BDx13  
I would if i could, Mike, but the US doesn't get them on iTunes or DVD. it was broadcast briefly on PBS here, but it hasn't been on in a while.

would you answer me some torrent basics? i may have a wild misunderstanding about how they work.
- do i have to make files available for others in order to download files myself?
- does the fact that i'm new or that i don't have anything available for DL mean that my own download speeds will be slow? (I feel like I've heard people waiting in line for downloads or DLs taking like 20 hours).
- how closely are ISPs monitoring torrent usage (sites vs files)? i mean, one could access a torrent site for a completely legitimate reason. or are they looking more at the files users are DLing?

No you don't need to upload anything to download. Once you have the .torrent and the content you just keep it seeding a few days. Generally anyways, on public sites I wouldn't seed anything but but I'd never use a public site either given how heavily they're monitored.

People waiting 20 hours are probably on poorly seeded or public torrents. I would invite you to a private TV site, invite only with no ratio, you just need to make sure your client is allowed (they have a whitelist of supported clients and versions) and you seed a few days after you get the file. They have a seed counter so you know when you've met you're required minimum times. Speed depends on the swarm (number of peers available) and their speed. Often on private sites you'll have seedboxes, leased VPS servers in Europe on 100mbit or 1gbit servers, so speed shouldn't be too much of an issue unless you get a torrent with 1 Australian guy seeding at like 20KB/s upload lol.

I wouldn't go near Demonoid, The Pirate Bay, ISO Hunt etc. If you want I can hook you up with a TV site to get you going, as long as you keep the BT client open a few days after downloading, it's totally free leech so you don't need to maintain a 1:1 ratio or anything, just minimum seed time.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM

Go To Top