Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: human animal - leeway "kingpin" cover vid
ems

[*] posted on 12-29-2012 at 03:19 AM
human animal - leeway "kingpin" cover vid

HUMAN ANIMAL "Kingpin" (Leeway cover) live @ the Crooked I in Erie, PA 12/21/12 (sorry but the sound is a little maxed out)

We've decided to play cover songs from time to time that we think are fun and to help introduce anyone who might have missed them in their time to some great bands that help paved the road for all of us today. "If you don't know your past, then you don't know your future." -- PE

A bunch of us in the band grew up on Leeway and always loved their mix of thrashy metallic riffs, heavy grooves, and Eddie's unforgettable vocal styles. They brought elements into the fold that were quite different for a lot of other NY bands in their time. Balancing a more sung style of vocals but still retaining the highest level of heaviness and intensity is no easy task. I always felt Leeway was flawless in their execution.

I was fortunate to see them at a young age in 1993 @ the Unisound in Reading, PA and it was one of the craziest dance floors I had witnessed at that time. The whole venue erupted and that image was forever seared into my memory. My love for this band has never waned and I still have clippings of them from old Thrasher magazines from back then. To have the desire for us to be play one of their songs 20 years later is a true testament to their staying power. We really enjoyed playing this song as it features many elements of hardcore that we all enjoy; some great rhythm, lyrical flow, and even smooth guitar solos. So here's to the true "Kingpins"... Leeway... nothing but respect. -- Human Animal

www.humananimal814.com
MikeFromInhuman
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-30-2012 at 03:52 PM

Good job!
Very cool!

ems

[*] posted on 1-1-2013 at 02:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MikeFromInhuman  
Good job!
Very cool!

Thanx for checking it out Mike! Means a lot from someone from NYC.
MikeFromInhuman
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-1-2013 at 02:28 PM

No problem!

Go To Top