Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Is this being rude?
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 1-4-2013 at 04:09 PM
Is this being rude?

I got an rather angry email from somebody on Amazon.com today. He was pissed off at a comment I made about a book review he had written. The book was one I got for free and was horrendously bad. This guy, and several others had given it a glowing five star review. I simply questioned whether or not I could trust a book review written by somebody who can't spell, and doesn't know what grammar and punctuation are. The author of the book suffered from the same problems, which is why it was so shitty.

Am I the asshole here? :D

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-4-2013 at 04:18 PM

Nah, you're fine. He's probably one of the dickbags that Amazon is trying to get rid of for writing bullshit positive reviews without reading the book. NY Times had a story about that a week or two ago: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/23/technology/amazon-book-rev...

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
sentrand
Posting Freak

Mood: hate riot 513,sheer terror, yuppicide, joe coffee

[*] posted on 1-4-2013 at 05:25 PM

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a jerk. All night,I'm seeing Sentrand and thinking "Where do I know that guy from?".
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-4-2013 at 06:57 PM

not at all. people are nuts.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 1-4-2013 at 08:52 PM

Good article. Anybody can publish on Amazon now, so these reviews are important. A lot of "authors" selling their work on there can't grasp basic writing tools, spelling being a regular issue with many of these types. The fact that anybody would pay money for this crap amazes me. I get daily emails from a blog that gives links to free books on Amazon. I've found a few that I really enjoyed, but most that sounded good are pure garbage. I don't want it even if it's free. I now go straight to the reviews and read the negative ones. They give me enough info to decide whether or not to waste my time.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 1-4-2013 at 09:54 PM

Is this in regards to the Tank Abbot book?
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-5-2013 at 01:48 PM

too many fucks have too much fuckin time on their hands with the yelping and writing reviews for everything. from that to the commentary on news stories and such it just makes me think that damn I really don't have enough free time anymore.......
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 1-5-2013 at 06:31 PM

Reading yelp reviews is amusing. "My third cousin's grandfather's best friend's brother in-law met a man from Shanghai on the metro bus, so I know good Chinese food, and Panda Express is sub-par." Nothing but a bunch of self aggrandizing turds.
Colin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-6-2013 at 04:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by barc0debaby  
Reading yelp reviews is amusing. "My third cousin's grandfather's best friend's brother in-law met a man from Shanghai on the metro bus, so I know good Chinese food, and Panda Express is sub-par." Nothing but a bunch of self aggrandizing turds.
fuck Yelp. As a cook, it's nice to see the good things people have to say, but it's not worth hearing all the stupid complaints from people who clearly have never worked in a restaraunt. If I could get away with it, I'd poison the lot of them.

record collectors are pretentious assholes

Go To Top