Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: A Ducky Boys question?
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 1-13-2013 at 10:37 PM
A Ducky Boys question?

When exactly did the Chemicals cd get released? All songs on that release are really really good. Been listening to them all day on Spotify. Also, does spotify truly pay when people like me listen. Finally I want to get a hard copy cd of this release. Is it available?

Did you tell us all about this and I missed it?

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-13-2013 at 11:32 PM

I didn't think it was out...

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 1-14-2013 at 12:55 AM

It's on spotify and I their website.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 1-14-2013 at 03:10 AM

It's a digital Only release.
i think you can Download it from bandcamp.

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-14-2013 at 03:25 AM

Released in May 2012. Came out after the last full-length, Chasing the Ghost, was released in January 2012.

Like panzer said, it was a digital-only release, and you can download it from Bandcamp.

I'm pretty sure that Spotify does pay the artists, but it's a trivial amount for independent artists. A lot of independent labels pulled out of Spotify early on when they realized how little they would make from it. There were some discussions on the board at the time; here's the link: http://www.thorprecords.com/boards/viewthread.php?tid=18333. This is Mark's comment about Spotify and payment.

Quote:

No idea what it is but I got an email from ASCAP today saying they approved the use of my song catalog on there so anyone that is an ASCAP member will be paid a distribution for this service.

Duane, who put your releases up there? The distributor? It's really a publishing issue to have music up on sites like this so hopefully all the bands on your labels are working with publishing houses that signed an agreement with this company or else there may be some misrepresentation of their publishing rights there. For example, I know my brother has never signed with a publisher so he controls 100% of his music and only he can authorize the use of his music on something like that where I have ASCAP represent me as a proxy. Some bands might be with BMI. Did they sign?

God, the world of rights and licensing is so goddamned complicated sometimes.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 1-14-2013 at 09:41 AM

This is interesting. Spotify advertise that they readily pay the artists for listener ship, but was curious how that worked. ON the surface it seems cool, but I can't imagine they pay all the time and it must be easy for them to lie about who listens to what.

Either way for some reason the songs are on the chemical ep are way rad, even more than usual.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-14-2013 at 10:40 PM

streaming pays very, VERY little, regardless of the service. it's seriously a joke.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-23-2013 at 08:49 PM

Spotify doesn't really pay much at all.

We put this out in May.... the day after we played with Rancid. They were NOT b-sides from "Chasing the Ghost". They were all new songs. We also recorded a version of Operation Ivy's "Knowledge" in these sessions which isn't out yet.

We're going to press this EP on CD in a limited amount. Most of them going to the Kickstarter supporters. But our upcoming album has 14 songs on it. We recorded 24 but picked 14 that had an interesting flow to them. The record itself is sort of like a mini-"Life Won't Wait" where we have a lot of diverse songs and styles. The 10 songs that aren't on the album are mostly blistering punk songs like old-old Ducky Boys. We'll likely put those on a CD/LP eventually with the songs from the Chemicals EP and "Knowledge" on it too, give it away to all the Kickstarter supporters and make it available to others in retail etc.

Go To Top