Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Terror signs to Victory.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-15-2013 at 09:05 PM
Terror signs to Victory.

https://www.facebook.com/terrorhardcore/posts/15091563839376...

Victory Records to release "Live By The Code" in North America!

Victory Records is proud to welcome TERROR to the Victory family. They will release their sixth studio album titled Live By The Code in April, 2013 in the US and Canada. Check out the Victory Records’ webstore for new merch designs- available now.

TERROR vocalist Scott Vogel comments, “When I was in high school, I would go to ‘Home of the Hits Records’ in Buffalo, NY and every week I would check for new Victory releases. Growing up, Victory Records always had the best hardcore bands, period. They had this awesome packaging and vibe that I loved. INTEGRITY, STRIFE, BLOODLET, EARTH CRISIS -it was a fucking amazing time for hardcore. Later, I met Tony when he came to Buffalo to see SNAPCASE. We stayed in contact and made plans for my second band DESPAIR, but soon after we broke up. Victory and my band BURIED ALIVE worked together for years. They also had HATEBREED, BLOOD FOR BLOOD, ALL OUT WAR and REACH THE SKY, all bands I’ve always respected and held in the highest regard. This summer I hung out with Tony and we had a wild night in Chicago. We talked about the good and bad of hardcore today and just had a blast. No business talk, no nonsense. We were under contract at the time so there wasn't even room for it. As we got ready to release Live By The Code, TERROR and Century Media debated on how to release the record right and VICTORY RECORDS seemed like the best fit. Tony and I are both insane. We both come from the same place. We both scratch and fight to stay afloat. We still believe in the essence of hardcore and still love WARZONE. This is pretty fucking exciting.”

Vogel claims Live By The Code “hits harder than Keepers Of The Faith”, calling it the “dirtiest, rawest and most hardcore record we’ve done since Lowest Of The Low”. While the album is set for an April, 2013 release date, fans can expect to pre-order their copy of the album soon along with other merch packages. A brand new music video for their album-titled single, “Live By The Code” is also on the horizon, so stay tuned.

TERROR will finish up January in Japan before returning to the states to begin a February tour with H20, BACKTRACK and CODE ORANGE KIDS. They will then pack their bags once more and trek across Europe for the Rebellion Tour with MADBALL in March. “Terror are the biggest hardcore band in the world. I have known Scott for twenty years and he has remained true to what he believes in, cherishes and helps keep alive which is first and foremost- hardcore. If you are just discovering hardcore or have loved it since the movement started in the late 1970’s this album is for you,” said Victory founder Tony Brummel.

http://www.victoryrecords.com/terror

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 1-15-2013 at 09:58 PM

Don't care about Terror or Victory.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 1-15-2013 at 09:59 PM

Who the fuck cares anymore. The record will be good, Tony B has shown his true colors a while ago. Victory is now gearing to go back into HC. What the fuck ever.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
MikeFromInhuman
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-15-2013 at 10:22 PM

Wow! How the hell did they get out of the Century Media contract??????

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-15-2013 at 10:27 PM

Victory still puts shit out?

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-15-2013 at 10:29 PM

they just signed reverend horton heat, too.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-15-2013 at 10:44 PM

Who?
sentrand
Posting Freak

Mood: hate riot 513,sheer terror, yuppicide, joe coffee

[*] posted on 1-16-2013 at 12:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BDx13  
they just signed reverend horton heat, too.
say whaaaaaaat?

I'm a jerk. All night,I'm seeing Sentrand and thinking "Where do I know that guy from?".
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-16-2013 at 12:27 AM

http://www.victoryrecords.com/reverendhortonheat

panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 1-16-2013 at 04:27 AM

I don't care about the label,at least the record comes out.
got the new 7" a few dass ago and the two songs on it are Killers.
bzw,the vinyl Version comes on reaper records.that's the news i was looking for.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-16-2013 at 09:02 AM

Who's this Terror you speak of?
mattybar

[*] posted on 1-16-2013 at 09:21 AM

i can't say i'm too fussed either way but it DOES seem like a bit of an odd choice of label given Victory's history of mistreating bands and also Terror's recent attack on bands like The Ghost Inside who are, I would have thought, exactly the kind of band that Victory promotes nowadays.
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-16-2013 at 10:23 AM

As long as this album drops sooner then later I am happy.

BKT.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-16-2013 at 04:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mattybar  
i can't say i'm too fussed either way but it DOES seem like a bit of an odd choice of label given Victory's history of mistreating bands and also Terror's recent attack on bands like The Ghost Inside who are, I would have thought, exactly the kind of band that Victory promotes nowadays.

Seems like Vogel and Tony are on good terms after working with Victory in Buried Alive.

Big D, Reverend Horton Heat you say? Victory should get Hi-Fi and the Roadburners back together.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-16-2013 at 09:07 PM

doesn't matter to me what label it comes out on. i just hope the relationship goes ok for the band. a very close friend of mine was in a big victory band...man, he has some unbelievable stories.

BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-16-2013 at 09:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DaveMoral  

Seems like Vogel and Tony are on good terms after working with Victory in Buried Alive.

Big D, Reverend Horton Heat you say? Victory should get Hi-Fi and the Roadburners back together.

Hi-Fi and the Roadburners were amazing. I actually saw them live once and had the opportunity to pound some beers with them after the show. Incredible live and a solid bunch of guys.

BKT.

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 1-21-2013 at 01:42 AM

I remember reading that Buried Alive and Victory had a torrid past. Vogel bitched about Victory not paying and Victory bitched about no second record form them. So Victory went above dude and released the B A- last rights cd that was demos and live shit. Not talking shit, this was all in print back then. Whatever, TERROR kicks ass and I am looking forward to the new record.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-21-2013 at 07:13 AM

Guessing I'm the only one on here who thinks Terror is way overrated?
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-21-2013 at 08:46 AM

Overrated is a relative term, considering the hardcore nowadays that most people like...

I'd be more apt to use terms like boring, contrived or paint by numbers. The fact that a band so versed in mediocrity can thrive in the "scene" is a testament to why almost zero original or listenable bands make it past a demo tape or garage shows...and maybe that's for the best.

Thanks god for Wisdom in Chains or else I'd be stuck listening to nothing but pagan black metal.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-21-2013 at 09:24 AM

I like Terror. They aren't the most original thing in the world, but they do what they do really really well and they have a shit ton of heart. Contrast that to something like... I don't know... Black My Heart. They bore me... and they aren't significantly far off from Terror, I just don't think they have the same energy or passion. Bores me to tears.

Hoods and any number of bands that you'll hear on the Pandora Terror station also bore me. Yet they all have pretty much the same sound and formula as Terror.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-21-2013 at 10:20 AM

See I had no idea that Black My Heart was something that even existed! Ignorantly blissful.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 1-21-2013 at 01:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BKT  

Hi-Fi and the Roadburners were amazing. I actually saw them live once and had the opportunity to pound some beers with them after the show. Incredible live and a solid bunch of guys.

BKT.

Toronto show? I was at that one, which I think might have been their only show here.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-21-2013 at 04:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Discipline  
Quote: Originally posted by BKT  

BKT.

Toronto show? I was at that one, which I think might have been their only show here.

Actually no it was in London, Ontario. Such a good show.

BKT.

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-21-2013 at 05:29 PM

I thought I read about one of the guys from Hi-Fi and the Roadburners passing away a few months ago. Could be wrong, though.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-21-2013 at 07:16 PM

That sucks, if true.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top